hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rogaine for receding hairline
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/15/2011 04:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/15/2011 04:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
djack

It says on the box not to use if your hairloss is on the front of your head. Can i still use it for a receding hairline even though there hasnt be sufficient evidence that it works on the front? (will it be harmful)
 06/15/2011 04:11 PM

Author Icon
sgtgork
Prolific Poster

It worked wonders for me on my hairline for 2-3 years, but after that my hairline slowly detoriated again. Go ahead and use it on your hairline. The companies are just trying to cover their a__
 06/15/2011 05:27 PM

Author Icon
highhairline
Accomplished Poster

It has grown peach fuzz for me along the hairline. If the hair is grew was colored and thicker I would have a nice hairline.

-------------------------
I'm a NW 2.5 with very little thinning. My regimen is as follows:

1.25 mg of finasteride every day since April 19, 2011

1ml of minoxidil twice a day on the hairline since April 29, 2010

Planning to go on Oral Spiro starting September 1, 2011
 06/15/2011 08:53 PM

Author Icon
grove
Accomplished Poster

not really evidence.
More like statistics and marketing.

Rogaine grows mostly on the crown and not so well or so successful on hair line. But it can. Just not as likely

So just by having a disclaimer in fine print saying it doesnt work on hairline means that rogaine can claim 80% success rate. If they included hairline into it, they could only advertise about 45%
 06/15/2011 11:57 PM

Author Icon
dogs3
Accomplished Poster

the main reason they can't claim growth on the hairline is that they didnt test it on the hairline during the FDA trials. They can only make claims on the parts of the scalp they tested the product on according to the regulations. This doesnt mean that it wont work in front though, it just means they can't claim it will.

06/16/2011 01:43 AM

Author Icon
itwillgrowback
Accomplished Poster

I've read case studies where it helped on the hair line, usually in combo w/ retin-a and/or finasteride.
 06/19/2011 09:26 PM

Author Icon
Disco
Occasional Poster

Is the crown the word for the entire top of your scalp. Or is is the back part of your scalp where 'bald spots' typically develop?
 06/19/2011 11:38 PM

Author Icon
Wendal
Accomplished Poster

On the box it says not to use anywhere except vertex and then says minox WILL NOT grow hair near frontal hairline. And it says this simply because they didnt test the frontal area.

My question is, why doesnt it just say results around hairline may or may not be as effective as vertex? Are they concerned that it could possibly ruin hairlines and are just covering their butts?

-------------------------
Wendal Shmale
 06/19/2011 11:59 PM

Author Icon
Disco
Occasional Poster

It improved my hairline incredibly well for the duration of time the product worked for me. So it should be used there too. No reason not to.

I don't mean put it on bare skin where hair has completely vanished. That can't be good for your skin. I mean where there is some hair still, it could thicken that up.
 06/20/2011 12:19 AM

Author Icon
dogs3
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Wendal

On the box it says not to use anywhere except vertex and then says minox WILL NOT grow hair near frontal hairline. And it says this simply because they didnt test the frontal area.

My question is, why doesnt it just say results around hairline may or may not be as effective as vertex? Are they concerned that it could possibly ruin hairlines and are just covering their butts?

No its because the FDA won't allow them to make any claims about parts of the scalp that they didn't test the product on.
Statistics
32076 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 404 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 407 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc