hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Minoxidil liquid or foam. Is one really more effective than the other?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/09/2011 01:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/09/2011 01:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Wendal
Accomplished Poster

This weekend I'm gonna go to Costco and pick up some minoxidil for the first time. I've heard many different opinions on which is better (as in more effective). Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems most believe minoxidil liquid has more of an oily texture and is harder to apply but seems to get better results than the easier to apply rogaine foam.

Or is it merely personal preference and one isnt any more effecitve than the other?

What are your opinions on this?

-------------------------
Wendal Shmale
 06/09/2011 06:30 PM

Author Icon
Wendal
Accomplished Poster

anyone?

-------------------------
Wendal Shmale
 06/10/2011 06:28 AM

Author Icon
morgan
Accomplished Poster

I actually recently had the same question.

I asked Dr Konior here in Chicago (I am having a transplant with Dr. Konior this summer). He indicated that one is just as good as the other and it is a matter of preference.

As to my own personal preference- I actually think the liquid is easier. I have been using the liquid for many years and just recently picked up the foam. I find the foam hard to work with because half of it gets in my hair before I can get it rubbed into my scalp. With the dropper/liquid I can get it right in there where it needs to be.

It might also be a matter of how much hair you have. I have a lot more than most people using these products. If you have a large bald spot then I can see where you might like the foam. However, if you have a lot of existing hair like me, the foam is just hard to work with.
 06/10/2011 10:53 AM

Author Icon
Patrick_Bateman
Prolific Poster

There is nothing to suggest either is more effective than the other, they both contain the same amount of the active ingredient. I agree with Morgan though, I definitely find the liquid much easier to get into the spots that need it. Foam is all poofy, like mousse and I end up with half of it rubbed into the hair and not my scalp where as the liquid dropper allows you to really coat the balding areas.

It's personal preference in the end. Foam doesn't come anywhere near justifying its cost though IMO.
Statistics
31932 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 14 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 753 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 767 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc