hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: El Cranell Alpha Thread
Topic Summary: Also known as Alfatradiol, 17-alpha-Estradiol, Avixis, Pantostin
Created On: 03/29/2011 10:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2011 10:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

Some talk in other threads about El Cranell Alpha.

Apparently it's approved for hairloss prevention in Germany and works in a similar way to Fin (according to D2) but is a topical.

Information about this product is mainly in German.

Does anybody use this? Where do you get it? What are your results?

-------------------------
1.25mg Fin daily
Minox foam or liquid intermittently
Nizoral shampoo every 2-3 days
----------------
We need something better than Fin approved that targets the scalp only.
We need much better hair growth stimulants.

Edited: 03/29/2011 at 10:42 PM by Celco
 03/29/2011 10:30 PM

Author Icon
DecadeTwo
Accomplished Poster

This is not an endorsement in any way, but google said this.

For me, this was the third result when searching "Alfatradiol pharmacy", and then I stopped looking.

NW < 2 since 1999

The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'.
--Alan I. Leshner

Correlation does not imply causation.
--Logic

When you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way.
--Stevie Wonder

I'm not an MD, and I'm not a hair loss expert.
 03/29/2011 10:38 PM

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

Okay. Wikipedia has an article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfatradiol

Alfatradiol is used in form of an ethanolic solution for topical application on the scalp. Similarly to other drugs against alopecia, topical or oral, it has to be applied continuously to prevent further hair loss.[3] Regrowth of hair that was already lost is only possible to a limited extent. In general, advanced alopecia does not respond well to medical treatment, which is thought to be a consequence of the hair roots being lost.[4]

A study in 103 women comparing alfatradiol to minoxidil, another topical hair loss treatment, found the latter to be more effective. In contrast to minoxidil, alfatradiol did not result in an increase of hair density or thickness, but only in slowing down or stabilization of hair loss in this study.

From there we can get a study...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17451383

Comparison of the efficacy and safety of topical minoxidil and topical alfatradiol in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in women.

BACKGROUND: Two drugs which are approved for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in women in Germany were compared with regard to their influence on hair growth.

PATIENTS AND METHODS: Patients were randomized to group I (n = 52) who used 2% minoxidil solution twice daily for a period of 12 months or to group II (n = 51) who used 0.025% alfatradiol solution once daily for 6 months and were then switched to 2% minoxidil solution for months 7-12. Changes in hair growth parameters were determined using the TrichoScan.

RESULTS: Topical treatment with 2% minoxidil solution for 6 months resulted in a significant increase of cumulative hair thickness (p < 0.0001) and absolute hair density (p < or = 0.0025), whereas these parameters of hair growth remained nearly unchanged after 6 months of treatment with alfatradiol solution. Evaluation of the same parameters from month 7 to month 12 demonstrated that 12 months minoxidil treatment resulted in an increasing stabilization (group I). After the alfatradiol-->minoxidil switch in group II a significant increase in cumulative hair thickness (p < 0.0001) and absolute hair density (p < 0.0001) was achieved. Both study medications were well tolerated.

CONCLUSIONS: Treatment with minoxidil can induce an increase in hair density and hair thickness,whereas treatment with alfatradiol results in deceleration or stabilization of hair loss.

This might be a worthwhile addition to a regime. Study was only done on women though.

1.25mg Fin daily
Minox foam or liquid intermittently
Nizoral shampoo every 2-3 days
----------------
We need something better than Fin approved that targets the scalp only.
We need much better hair growth stimulants.
 03/30/2011 01:28 AM

Author Icon
wildriff
Accomplished Poster

Hi,

I used Avixis for about a year or more. Used to buy it over the counter at any drug store in Mexico...I forget the pharmaceutical that manufactures it. Maybe Galaderma?

Stuff smells minty & fresh, and isn't oily like a lot of minox. Closer to water than minox. Nifty applicator, you just ran it over your head while holding the bottle upside down, they had this little 'fork' at the opening of the bottle, with two tiny holes. You would just run it over your head, dispensing directly on the scalp. Very user-friendly.

The big question - does it work? I ended up dropping it because it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Then again, nothing really did. Difficult to be sure, though, because my hairloss back then was a lot slower than it is now. One could argue that it was slower because of Avixis. Like Rogaine sloooowly growing a few vellous hairs here & there, Avixis probably has some kind of effect, but it seems fairly negligible. This is my impression, I could be wrong. The studies back it up, though....

Others have tried it on the board, like Bryan...

Cheers.
 04/02/2011 08:52 AM

Author Icon
TwentySomething
Prolific Poster

I tried it at one point, no noticeable results. Admittedly, it was in my "freaking out" stage, and I didn't keep up with it for very long time and was using it in conjunction with 3-4 other hairloss treatments.

Regimen [Started Oct 1, 2012]:
- 1x / day 1.5ml 5-7.5% RU in KB solution
 04/02/2011 05:46 PM

Author Icon
voleur
Prolific Poster

I used it for about a year back in the day. I used to get it from Lipoxidil. It was a good product. Definitely grew some hair. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to keep using it, because I had to reduce my hairloss regimen budget. I've been thinking of getting it again.
 04/03/2011 12:53 PM

Author Icon
Mike S.
Accomplished Poster

Although I'm currently without this product, I've used it for years. I believe it helps convert scalp testosterone into estrogen. I believe it's a worthwhile product to use as part of a multi-faceted regimen.
 04/03/2011 03:56 PM

Author Icon
knight77
Regular Poster

Hmmm, this is interesting and I hope more former or current users continue to offer feedback!
 08/07/2012 08:21 AM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

I see no sources listed, other then one suggesting he bought it in Mexican Pharmacy. It is available from Germany, and I expect Online pharmacy. Lets locate a reliable source, likely German pharmacy for shipping and price.

this is for information purposes I am not a Dr. for hair loss my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice for such. The poster will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.
 08/07/2012 10:04 AM

Author Icon
Swiftz99
Accomplished Poster

Iv been using it for the past month. (D2 told me about it )
The bottle come with a special nozzle that makes it completely easy to apply every morning. i wish all topical came like this.

anyway Iv been using ell cranell once every morning, applying it after a using a derma roller all over my scalp.

iv also been using liquid spiro at night 1hour before i shower , along with Maca supplement twice a day(which i read someone posting it helped with their hair loss , along with some articles iv read)....

my shedding has seem to slow down dramatically!

i dont know if ell cranell is doing the trick , liquid spiro or maca..... or all 3 of them.
but im pretty sure my shedding slowing down is a result of these treatments.

i cant imagine ell cranell is strong by it self but if you have the money (50 $ for 200ml)
it definitely cant hurt to add to your regimen. specially how easy it is t to apply
 08/07/2012 10:12 AM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

Ok, what source did you get it at Switz that sent it to you? Any link to them?
I assume you ordered online or did you end up having to call them?
No hidden taxes, fee's, excess shipping, seizure risk at border?

this is for information purposes I am not a Dr. for hair loss my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice for such. The poster will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.
 08/07/2012 10:33 AM

Author Icon
Swiftz99
Accomplished Poster

there is a german website... you can email them if you cant read german and they will respond in english. and there is an italian website you can email then and they will respond in english.

i talk to both of them but ended up ordering from the italian website mainly because the german website was more of a hassle, the first purchase they dont take credit card they only accept money transfer. (but they are legit )

i paid 50 or 60 bucks i think for 200 ml
i got it with in the week.

i can get you the email if you want.
 08/07/2012 10:44 AM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

I suspect it is El Cran doing the trick or a synergy with your Spiro, as I see a wide margin of response in searching the history on Spiro and most see little to nothing it appears, of course old timers on the forum have seen more in regard to feedback on both of these meds I expect, and can chime in.

08/07/2012 04:05 PM

Author Icon
momo786
Prolific Poster

Hey guys it says this is effective for women's hairloss therefore would it be effective for male diffuse thinners as it said its similar to that of female hairloss
 08/07/2012 07:50 PM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

So is there any documentation that this drug is not just getting effects from systemic absorption which is what one wants to avoid in the first place?

11/22/2012 05:06 AM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

Can anyone find out if this is a 5 alpha reductase type 1 or is is a type 2 inhibitor?
I have had no luck searching that.
As well if you have any sources that are good please post links.

Statistics
32086 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 640 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 643 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc