hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to get rid of scalp pain/inflammation?
Topic Summary: It's driving me crazy!
Created On: 03/28/2011 07:27 AM
Status: Post and Reply
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2011 07:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

So I've seen 2 dermatologists who've assured me that scalp psoriasis or inflammation is in no way related to hair loss. I have my doubts.

Is there any successful way to get rid of the itchy, burning sensation? I've tried hydrocortizone, emu oil, shampoos (including niz), and a prescription foam called luxiq. nothing!

tips?
 03/28/2011 07:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PigFaceBoy
Prolific Poster

Posts: 292
Joined: 02/04/2011

Originally posted by: SAMF29

So I've seen 2 dermatologists who've assured me that scalp psoriasis or inflammation is in no way related to hair loss. I have my doubts.



Is there any successful way to get rid of the itchy, burning sensation? I've tried hydrocortizone, emu oil, shampoos (including niz), and a prescription foam called luxiq. nothing!



tips?


yea, why listen to 2 qualified medical doctors who have gone to medical school? what do they know?

You'll certainly get a more accurate diagnosis remotely on the internet from guys like us how haven't examined your scalp.
 03/28/2011 07:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

Originally posted by: PigFaceBoy
yea, why listen to 2 qualified medical doctors who have gone to medical school? what do they know?



You'll certainly get a more accurate diagnosis remotely on the internet from guys like us how haven't examined your scalp.


thanks for the advice.
 03/28/2011 08:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mtmchale39
Occasional Poster

Posts: 11
Joined: 11/15/2006

I have the same issue you're having. I have/had folliculitus and a form of scarring alopecia. I suffered for a few years before seeing a derm. I'd wash my hair in the morning and then by the earlier evening the top/crown of my head would feel tingly and greasy. I'd also have red bumps, tenderness and pain.

Using the Luxiq everyday really helped and I was also on minocycline as a oral antibiotic, as well as Clynadamycin Foam.

It hasn't entirely gone away but I can say the Luxiq has definitley controlled it from getting worse and I have fewer flair ups and redness.

Just keep up the treatments. It takes a while but you will get relief.
 03/28/2011 09:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

Originally posted by: mtmchale39

I have the same issue you're having. I have/had folliculitus and a form of scarring alopecia. I suffered for a few years before seeing a derm. I'd wash my hair in the morning and then by the earlier evening the top/crown of my head would feel tingly and greasy. I'd also have red bumps, tenderness and pain.



Using the Luxiq everyday really helped and I was also on minocycline as a oral antibiotic, as well as Clynadamycin Foam.



It hasn't entirely gone away but I can say the Luxiq has definitley controlled it from getting worse and I have fewer flair ups and redness.



Just keep up the treatments. It takes a while but you will get relief.


do you think your hairloss is caused by these things? by controlling it, has your hairloss been affected positively at all?
 03/28/2011 09:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mircalegro
Prolific Poster

Posts: 449
Joined: 10/14/2010

all i can say is that in 3 weeks of using 1ml of revivogen a day, my scalp issues (which were much like the ones you mentioned) have died down quite a bit

folligen may be helping as well
 03/28/2011 12:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Posts: 404
Joined: 07/29/2010

Yea doctors really know it all. They told me to live with my scalp inflammation and use nizoral. Nizoral just made it worse for me. Until I took care of the root cause (that my doctor was uninterested in finding out, unless I had plenty of insurance money to milk). He told me my diet has no effect at all on my hair and acne. Well sir. I would tell him now he can go back to medical school cuz he don't know SHT about my problem.


He even said I just start fin after he got done looking at my scalp saying i don't have mpb. Using fin on a scalp to try to cure fungal/bacterial infection is a BAD idea. Stopped eating loads of sugar my scalp is 100% healthy. period. Haven't loss a hair in 5 months in the shower. Wait but the doctor said 50 hair on your hand is normal because you shed 100 hairs a day.. AHAHAHAH. I would be nw4 if I listened to that moron. unless my genetics held unto it!


Just to let you know there's good doctors and bad doctors. The doctor gave me a piece of paper that said there is no cure for scalp inflammation. They don't what causes it or how to cure it. They can only treat the symptoms aka (nizoral and minox).

This is actually a high quality dermatologist in my area too. So when they told me they couldn't do anything for me, I would have to live with it. That motivated to make a change in my own life. Go back to basics when my scalp felt great. I did and now my hair is 70% of what it use to be. EXcept the dht damage on my hairline that caused a nw2.
 03/28/2011 02:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

interesting. diet really had that big of an impact on your hair and scalp?
 03/28/2011 02:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
db12345
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 504
Joined: 05/02/2009

Originally posted by: titdoctor

Yea doctors really know it all. They told me to live with my scalp inflammation and use nizoral. Nizoral just made it worse for me. Until I took care of the root cause (that my doctor was uninterested in finding out, unless I had plenty of insurance money to milk). He told me my diet has no effect at all on my hair and acne. Well sir. I would tell him now he can go back to medical school cuz he don't know SHT about my problem.





He even said I just start fin after he got done looking at my scalp saying i don't have mpb. Using fin on a scalp to try to cure fungal/bacterial infection is a BAD idea. Stopped eating loads of sugar my scalp is 100% healthy. period. Haven't loss a hair in 5 months in the shower. Wait but the doctor said 50 hair on your hand is normal because you shed 100 hairs a day.. AHAHAHAH. I would be nw4 if I listened to that moron. unless my genetics held unto it!





Just to let you know there's good doctors and bad doctors. The doctor gave me a piece of paper that said there is no cure for scalp inflammation. They don't what causes it or how to cure it. They can only treat the symptoms aka (nizoral and minox).



This is actually a high quality dermatologist in my area too. So when they told me they couldn't do anything for me, I would have to live with it. That motivated to make a change in my own life. Go back to basics when my scalp felt great. I did and now my hair is 70% of what it use to be. EXcept the dht damage on my hairline that caused a nw2.


WOW if your telling the truth then that is one shit or lazy doc right there. he could get seriously reprimanded for dishing out that type of info

diet does have an effect on hair and acne but i dont know about AGA maybe just scalp and hair health.

fin shouldnt be prescribed if you have scalp issues.

maybe not 50 but 20 hairs is normal in the shower on your hands. i very much doubt you dont loose any hair in the shower.

of course there are cures for scalp inflammation. large part of a derms job. i very much doubt a derm said this to you. thats like a police officer saying i dont catch criminals, go rob a bank if you want...







-------------------------
Regimen

1mg Propecia (on) since Sept 09 (Dut 0.5mg EOD April 11).

Kirkland minox since October 2011 (bd).

RU 100mg (eth/pg, 70:30) since June 11 (Kane).

Tried: Niz shampoo & cream, top Spiro, Ell-Cranell Alpha, top Flutamide.
 03/31/2011 12:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

hmmmm
 03/31/2011 12:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Posts: 404
Joined: 07/29/2010

No they gave me a piece of paper saying they have no cure for dematitis. All they can do is treat the symptoms. Last night i washed my hair first time in 4 days and I lost a total of 2 hairs. NEither of 2 hairs has a bulb or minutarized look to it. That's going from having a handfull to this. How the doctor ever thought all your daily shedding comes out during showering, I'll never know.

My advice any one suffering from scalp itch, pain, inflammation, sting. Change your diet to small meals the size of your hand several times a day. Preferably a diet that suits where your genetically from. Meaning when I eat things like alaskan sockeye salmon, which from alaska. Seems to cause extra grease on my scalp/skin. Plus its my natural (have a boner all day) sexual performance enhancer.
My ancestors most likely never consumed much of this. Im from the lithuanian, poland and italian descent. So I eat more towards the way they eat.


My doctor was beating around the bush with everything. Nothing works unless there has been a 16-week study, is his opinion. He did tell me start eating 2 apples a day. lol?
 03/31/2011 04:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Only Natural
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 648
Joined: 03/28/2007

Don't forget things like probiotics. Some specifically for skin conditions.

-------------------------
Topicals: Dermatopoietin Hair Protection System
DermaHeal
Pristeen Nanolipo-hGH

Shampoo: Bioclin Phydrium Advance
Pristeen

Other: Kerastase Biotic
Nanofibrin
 04/08/2011 01:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
RC
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 787
Joined: 07/04/2002

samf - Make sure you are not treating the wrong type of inflammation. See my post here - http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...eyword1=inflammation.

In the past, I had treated the wrong type of inflammation, which as a result caused the inflammation to continue for 7 months at one point. It was only later that I learned that the scalp seems to suffer from at least 2 different types of inflammation. If your scalp doesn't feel good, you will lose more hair and exacerbate MPB. You need to stabilize scalp if you plan on beating MPB. RC

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician and my posts and opinions are not medical advice, and you are reading my opinions at your own risk. You should consult a physician before seeking treatment for any condition.

Regimen - http://tinyurl.com/3b5nqxh
 04/08/2011 01:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SAMF29
Regular Poster

Posts: 51
Joined: 02/28/2011

Thanks. I'm seeing another derma on tuesday, but it doesn't seem like they're ever able to really know what's going on. It's like, "hey, yep, looks like the skin is irritated and inflamed. try this." but it's more or less trial and error. I don't know.

Is there anything I should ask/request when I go in next week?
 04/09/2011 01:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gbsd33
Occasional Poster

Posts: 46
Joined: 04/03/2011

Originally posted by: PigFaceBoy

Originally posted by: SAMF29



So I've seen 2 dermatologists who've assured me that scalp psoriasis or inflammation is in no way related to hair loss. I have my doubts.







Is there any successful way to get rid of the itchy, burning sensation? I've tried hydrocortizone, emu oil, shampoos (including niz), and a prescription foam called luxiq. nothing!







tips?




yea, why listen to 2 qualified medical doctors who have gone to medical school? what do they know?



You'll certainly get a more accurate diagnosis remotely on the internet from guys like us how haven't examined your scalp.

sam has a point tho, and most doctors these days dont really care they just wana get you on some scripts and out of their office asap, everyone nos there body better then anybody else.
 04/09/2011 02:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SilkySmooth
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 567
Joined: 09/28/2009

SAMF29:

Go with a little experiment for one month:
- Avoid all sugar/canned drinks (drink ONLY water and 100% natural OJ/AppleJ)
- Shampoo your hair with Dr bronner's peppermint shampoo 3-4 a week
- Avoid Wheat and Dairy
- Drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day
- Supplement with Grapefruit seed extract for a month (6-7 drops in a glass of water before meals x2 a day - morning and evening)
- Supplement with a good probiotic before bed.
- No Smoking
- No Alcohol

That should DRASTICALLY help you. takes alot of will power to carry out though
 04/09/2011 09:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pacino
Prolific Poster

Posts: 289
Joined: 07/17/2006

Just scratch the Noggin so hard and teach it a lesson! Satisfy that burning itch.
 04/17/2011 03:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Pete
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 2325
Joined: 02/14/2002

Coconut oil topically and PTO shampoo
 04/17/2011 04:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
majorsixth
Accomplished Poster

Posts: 2662
Joined: 04/05/2008


Cutting out sugar in the diet is definitely a powerful tool to help hair loss and scalp itching...I do it my self and it as almost completely irradicated the problems..

I have read it many times that it's normal to lose around 50-100 hairs a day, however i can't ever remember experiencing anything like that until i got mpb.. Since being on sugar controlled diet i rarely see hair loss.

It's a very hard diet to maintain because you literally have to watch everthing you eat or drink...And the truth is it's very restrictive and boring...But, like most things it comes down to a personal choice.
 04/18/2011 02:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thesnow
Regular Poster

Posts: 178
Joined: 07/02/2009

I had recently undertook a very low-carb diet(including no fruits). Inflammation prone scalp coupled with extravagant sebum production was almost nonexistent. Unable to control my desires, I had a go with a bakery loaded in carbs late yesterday evening. I figured it wouldn't be that much of an impact because of my controlling it thus far and sure enough, to my miscalculation, my scalp was running rampant with sebum this morning. Even though inflammation is not present as of today, I expect some to exhibit in the coming days.

-------------------------
Scientific method: "60% of the time it works, every time!"

I'm sure in a 100 years, we'll all be scratching our bald heads.

If X caused hair loss, then there'd be only one type of treatment and it shall regrow indefinitely for 100% w/o side-effects.

Edited: 04/18/2011 at 03:08 AM by thesnow
Statistics
32112 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 803 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 813 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc