hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Remember me? Spironolactone 100mg a day results
Topic Summary: From balding like hell to having a 16 year old's head of hair
Created On: 02/20/2011 04:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/20/2011 04:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Really quickly, I've been wanting to give an update for a while now.

Okay... here's me from a year and a half ago. I was depressed, not eating, skinny, balding, gross as shit.

I'll try to find more before pics in a bit.

But since starting spironolactone, I've had a complete transformation... some side effects (most men wouldn't want), but it caused me to actually eat more, my face started to become younger/more feminine looking, and now I look and feel pretty damn good. Brain fog is a bitch, but I cope.

Here's some new pics of me... this is actually during a photoshoot for the cover of a vampire novel. My hair rocks ass, yo. My acne cleared up too, and skin is ridiculously soft and smooth.

EDIT: Just took this one of my hairline, upon request. Sorry for not already having one.

No bullshit. I'm also willing to help anyone if they're going to go the spiro/fin way. I'll communicate through webcam, Skype, whatever. I've felt the sting of losing my hair, and getting it back was a serious accomplishment. Anyway, yeah! Just wanted to give a heads up, and give anyone who's serious about getting their hair back some help if they need it.

Edited: 08/13/2011 at 03:23 AM by KWIH
 02/20/2011 04:09 PM

Author Icon
Jocko59
Prolific Poster

Oh dear... My, oh my.
 02/20/2011 04:17 PM

Author Icon
alphamale
Regular Poster

Are you a homosexual? Serious.
 02/20/2011 04:32 PM

Author Icon
bevalaqua
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: alphamale

Are you a homosexual? Serious.

LOL And that made me laugh out loud like a crazy person. LOL!
 02/20/2011 04:56 PM

Author Icon
willwork4hair
Regular Poster

I'm interested. Can you give me your regime? Any sides from oral spiro?

Thanks.

-------------------------

02/20/2011 05:03 PM

Author Icon
hairykrishna
Accomplished Poster

Lift your bangs, and then I'll decide just how much of a transformation you've undergone. You do seem a little effeminate in the picture, but I assume you're also wearing makeup under ideal lighting. I am pleased that spiro worked out for you, but I don't think there are many men who are willing to accept the sexual side effects, even if it means getting much of their hair back (although, judging by that bizarre castration poll posted a while back...). Can you be more specific about side effects?

I now provide chemical testing to protect my bald(ing) brothers from being scammed over the internet. PM me if you are interested.
 02/20/2011 05:04 PM

Author Icon
grove
Accomplished Poster

ahhh. cant tell with emo bangs covering hairline.
 02/20/2011 05:31 PM

Author Icon
hairlessness
Accomplished Poster

I would love to have hair that could do that. Please send me your regimen. I'm on same dosage oral spiro as you for 2 months. Only real side effect is brain fog so far. Did you go through a shed from this? How long for you to see results?

Originally posted by: highhairline
"Who in their right mind puts sex above hair? I think you're on the wrong forum."

"It's the genes! And the androgens!"
 02/20/2011 05:36 PM

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Hey guys. Sorry for not having a hairline pic. I just took one. I'll get a better one when I get back to my place (visiting parents now), but it should be enough to show the temples and corners of hairline filled out a lot.

My regimen was 5mg finasteride and 100mg spiro every day for 1 month, then 100mg spiro and no finasteride for like... 16 months. I used to think that soy milk and black tea was helping, but after stopping that stuff, my hair kept coming back. I don't know. I just responded well to it. Be consistent is all I can say. If there's anything else I can help with... just let me know.

@hairykrishna - I dig your name! But I have to say, I'm posting positive results for a positive reason. I'm not trying to upset anyone or pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Your first sentence was a little alarming is all.
 02/20/2011 05:40 PM

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: willwork4hair

I'm interested. Can you give me your regime? Any sides from oral spiro?

Thanks.

Regime is posted above... oral sides, brain fog as stated above, no real sexual side effects. Massive shed from the start, but seen good results within about 4 months in the crown area, and about 8 in my hairline. The baby hairs that looked like they were barely even there thickened up, and my temple points darkened and filled in as well.

@Hairlessness - Brain fog sucks, some shedding occurred...
 02/20/2011 05:51 PM

Author Icon
hairykrishna
Accomplished Poster

Sorry, KWIH, that was just my extreme skepticism speaking. Your hair has improved tremendously. I'm very surprised you haven't experienced any sexual side effects. Libido and everything else is still intact? Has your muscle mass changed at all?

I now provide chemical testing to protect my bald(ing) brothers from being scammed over the internet. PM me if you are interested.
 02/20/2011 05:53 PM

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Cool, it's no prob. No major sides at all... was with someone on Valentine's Day, no problems whatsoever.
 02/20/2011 06:13 PM

Author Icon
DecadeTwo
Accomplished Poster

Spiro made you look younger or is there some photo-chopping goin' on? Paging Julie!

You're lucky to get good results from anything at the temples, especially AAs. I still believe you could have had the same results without systemically reducing androgens using topicals.

Sure, it would have cost more.

You realize you're essentially using chemical castration to treat AGA, right? It'll work every time, but at what cost?

Can't wait to see how many finaphobes start using oral Spiro now.

NW < 2 since 1999

The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'.
--Alan I. Leshner

Correlation does not imply causation.
--Logic

When you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way.
--Stevie Wonder

I'm not an MD, and I'm not a hair loss expert.
 02/20/2011 06:16 PM

Author Icon
VinDieselWannabe
Accomplished Poster

No gyno or anything? How about your body hair and facial hair? Did you have any before and perhaps have less now? Oh, and how old are you?

0.5mg Avodart daily
Rogaine once a day before bed
Nizoral or Ketoconazole shampoo daily
1 Appearex Biotin tablet daily
------------------
One day I will be rid of my Prince William like hair for something better... like as full of a 2-4 guard look as possible.

Edited: 02/20/2011 at 06:32 PM by VinDieselWannabe
 02/20/2011 06:19 PM

Author Icon
blink
Regular Poster

dont listen to the homo jokes. thanks for sharing. can you get any pics in the same position/lighting as the first pics? or close to it? much appreciated
 02/20/2011 06:25 PM

Author Icon
mason
Prolific Poster

Wow, that is pretty damn amazing. I've not see any results like that before. I'm happy for you...as long as you aren't harming anything (i'm no expert on all these chemicals), then good for you.

A few questions
1) What is the general consensus with this medicine? Seems like ppl have negative comments related to castration...
2) Do you think you are some crazy responder?
3) How are you getting this medicine? I assume a doctor would not give it to you if it wasn't safe (well maybe a bad assumption)
4) No negative side effects?
5) How much is it costing you?

thanks and continued good luck
 02/20/2011 06:35 PM

Author Icon
hairlessness
Accomplished Poster

No Minox?
Why'd you stop FIN? I would think spiro would be much more risky than Fin, and you would have two angles of attack if you also took FIN.

You mentioned baby hairs thickening. The effect I've noticed is a lot of new peach fuzz coming in at the hairline. Would you expect these to turn terminal?

Originally posted by: highhairline
"Who in their right mind puts sex above hair? I think you're on the wrong forum."

"It's the genes! And the androgens!"
 02/20/2011 09:53 PM

Author Icon
baller234
Accomplished Poster

Hey Kwih good to hear from you. Awesome to see how well you responded to spiro.
 02/20/2011 10:04 PM

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: DecadeTwo

Spiro made you look younger or is there some photo-chopping goin' on? Paging Julie!

You're lucky to get good results from anything at the temples, especially AAs. I still believe you could have had the same results without systemically reducing androgens using topicals.

Sure, it would have cost more.

You realize you're essentially using chemical castration to treat AGA, right? It'll work every time, but at what cost?

Can't wait to see how many finaphobes start using oral Spiro now.

No shopping going on. Just good lighting.

Originally posted by: VinDieselWannabe

No gyno or anything? How about your body hair and facial hair? Did you have any before and perhaps have less now? Oh, and how old are you?

My nipples can get puffy from time to time, but I work out too. I don't have boobs or anything like that. I never had any body hair or much facial hair, so I can't really say anything's changed. I'm now 23, as of last October.

Originally posted by: mason

Wow, that is pretty damn amazing. I've not see any results like that before. I'm happy for you...as long as you aren't harming anything (i'm no expert on all these chemicals), then good for you.

A few questions

1) What is the general consensus with this medicine? Seems like ppl have negative comments related to castration...

2) Do you think you are some crazy responder?

3) How are you getting this medicine? I assume a doctor would not give it to you if it wasn't safe (well maybe a bad assumption)

4) No negative side effects?

5) How much is it costing you?

thanks and continued good luck

1. You basically know what you're getting into by limiting testosterone. I haven't noticed any negative effects since reducing my testosterone. Only positive ones.

2. Possibly. Either that, or no one ever gives spiro a try, and if they do, they don't post their results.

3. An endocrinologist prescribed it to me. A regular doctor or dermatologist wouldn't. Instead they just urged me to buy Propecia, since I couldn't even get a generic finasteride from them.

4. None.

5. $12 a month.
 02/20/2011 10:06 PM

Author Icon
KWIH
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: hairlessness

No Minox?

Why'd you stop FIN? I would think spiro would be much more risky than Fin, and you would have two angles of attack if you also took FIN.

You mentioned baby hairs thickening. The effect I've noticed is a lot of new peach fuzz coming in at the hairline. Would you expect these to turn terminal?

I stopped fin since it's unnecessary since I'm blocking testosterone all together, at least that's what my endocrinologist told me. Those little fine thin hairs in the temples should thicken up if you stay on spiro.

Originally posted by: baller234

Hey Kwih good to hear from you. Awesome to see how well you responded to spiro.

Thanks! I totally remember you. How've you been?
Statistics
30781 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 788 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 793 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc