hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is Nizoral Shampoo Dangerous?
Topic Summary: QUATERNIUM-15 causes cancer?
Created On: 01/28/2011 08:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/28/2011 08:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
howcanthisbe
Prolific Poster

So I was looking at all the good reviews about the shampoo on amazon when some woman said she kept getting dizzy after using the shampoo. She did some research and found that the chemical QUATERNIUM-15 was in it and it can cause cancer and organ damage perhaps?

I have also heard this can cause liver damage? If thats the case then I will not use this because my hair is not as important as my liver.

So im wondering if the 1% version of the Nizoral shampoo has side effects that are hidden and dangerous? Not to mention the main ingredient kitoral or whatever has been said to cause heart issues if taken orally. So im wondering what about the shampoo.

I just washed with the 1% tonight and I feel a tad dizzy. Im wondering if anyone has been taking this for a while without any negative side effects. Thanks

Edited: 01/28/2011 at 08:50 PM by howcanthisbe
 01/28/2011 08:55 PM

Author Icon
Mopless
Prolific Poster

Logically, anything is possible. What is gold for some, are poison for others. We are all individual organisms with certain ticks, strengths and weaknesses towards a wide array of substances in this world of ours.

Now my opinion... Never heard of these problems, ever. I think it's in your head and your doing it to yourself. Just use the shampoo and forget about it. If something still happens while your not obsessing over it, THEN you have a problem, and stop using it. Also, the absorption of keto in your bloodstream would be so negligible from a topical that it's almost not worth mentioning. Unless you start rubbing Niz cream mixed with DMSO, again I would not worry about.

My advice, anyway.

-------------------------
Regime - Fin 0.25mg eod or whenever I remember - Miconozole cream daily - Keto Shampoo daily - 1.5mm Needling when I feel like it.
 01/28/2011 09:05 PM

Author Icon
howcanthisbe
Prolific Poster

I only leave the Nizoral shampoo in for say 30-45 seconds then I rinse. My hair looks good from it I must say I plan to use it once every 5-7 days and leave it in for 1 minute max. I have heard good things about this for maintaing your hair. But the liver damage really scares me because this stuff seems to be toxic.
 01/28/2011 09:27 PM

Author Icon
howcanthisbe
Prolific Poster

I also read a few accounts where Nizoral shampoo lowered peoples libido. Any users here have that to report? Thanks and sorry for so many questions.
 01/28/2011 11:01 PM

Author Icon
Big_bear
Accomplished Poster

I add caffeine powder and leave it on for about an hour never felt any thing strang

-------------------------
FIN_ 1.25mg (AM)

Accept things the way they are not how you wish it could be, but fate can be so cruel
 01/29/2011 09:52 AM

Author Icon
G37guy
Regular Poster

I have been using Niz 1% for about three years every other day,no Issues what so ever to report.
Statistics
31659 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 913 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 919 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc