hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Aderans release set for 2014
Topic Summary: Aderans
Created On: 06/21/2010 06:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2010 06:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Loki
Regular Poster

06/21/2010 06:46 PM

Author Icon
Save the Forest
Prolific Poster

Cool.
 06/21/2010 07:46 PM

Author Icon
hairandtherw
Regular Poster

Some thoughts after reading through it:

Their site also says they are now looking to determine dosing and frequency. I assume that is part of finishing phase 2 and and they can then enter phase 3 since they know their how much and how frequently equations right?

So their pictures look pretty pale, and yes there may be evidence of new growth, but it's not like they are creating a dense patch or anything.

So is their plan for as they get ready for phase 3 to see if they can really multiply a crap load of cells to inject and see the sproutings of a full or near full head of hair in 6-12 months time?

They seem to be willing to distribute to anyone who would be qualified to administer the extractions and the injections as well as all existing Bosley centers.  Surely if the preceding turns out true, hair transplant doctors would quickly see an end to their surgical business and be forced to make money for Aderans/Bosley at pre-defined margins.

06/21/2010 07:54 PM

Author Icon
ADIDAH
Regular Poster

no doubt some positive news, but personally, I won't start getting excited until I start seeing PHOTOS of bald skin turn into a thick patch of teenage density hair. sadly even with everything going on right now, I have my doubts I'll see that for quite some time.

-------------------------
All Day I Dream About Hair

Propecia since early 2007
Nizoral since 2007
 06/21/2010 08:00 PM

Author Icon
HK
Prolific Poster

Not to burst anyones bubble but I read that only 60 percent of trialist responded and of those 50 percent had terminal growth. At least it's proof that it's somewhat effective, but I dont think this is anything to write home about =(.

06/21/2010 08:04 PM

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

Good news. Roll on Aderans.

1.25mg Fin daily
Minox foam or liquid intermittently
Nizoral shampoo every 2-3 days
----------------
We need something better than Fin approved that targets the scalp only.
We need much better hair growth stimulants.
 06/22/2010 05:01 AM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

don't forget that Histogen is also aiming for around 2014 for release of it's HSC treatment in the west, we could have a several options or multiple combinations of options pretty soon,

better start saving
 06/22/2010 05:19 AM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ADIDAH

no doubt some positive news, but personally, I won't start getting excited until I start seeing PHOTOS of bald skin turn into a thick patch of teenage density hair. sadly even with everything going on right now, I have my doubts I'll see that for quite some time.

are you kidding!, I'll be pretty excited if I see a nw6 go to 50% density with decent coverage

you certainly don't need anywhere near teenage density to have a convincing full head of hair
 06/22/2010 08:08 AM

Author Icon
CameraEye
Prolific Poster

So you're thinking Follica and TrichoScience could be marketing something by then too?
 06/22/2010 06:01 PM

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: mintyfresh  are you kidding!, I'll be pretty excited if I see a nw6 go to 50% density with decent coverage you certainly don't need anywhere near teenage density to have a convincing full head of hair

Agree with that. I don't think these treatments are going to give teenage density hair. But giving decent coverage to a Norwood 5 or filling in receeded temples would be a great result!

1.25mg Fin daily
----------------
 06/22/2010 06:57 PM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Celco

Originally posted by: mintyfresh  are you kidding!, I'll be pretty excited if I see a nw6 go to 50% density with decent coverage you certainly don't need anywhere near teenage density to have a convincing full head of hair

Agree with that. I don't think these treatments are going to give teenage density hair. But giving decent coverage to a Norwood 5 or filling in receeded temples would be a great result!

who knows, if these techniques generate 'brand new' follicles as they claim, then even teenage density could be possible in the long run?

it all seems a bit science fiction at the moment, but it is exciting to know that there could be a real possibility to put this hair loss crap behind us once and for all

I just hope they don't get too greedy and price us out of the chance to give it a go
 06/22/2010 09:30 PM

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: mintyfresh  who knows, if these techniques generate 'brand new' follicles as they claim, then even teenage density could be possible in the long run? it all seems a bit science fiction at the moment, but it is exciting to know that there could be a real possibility to put this hair loss crap behind us once and for all I just hope they don't get too greedy and price us out of the chance to give it a go

I hope and pray for the day that we can do that.

1.25mg Fin daily
----------------
 06/23/2010 02:41 AM

Author Icon
Boondock
Regular Poster

I don't believe any of it yet, to be honest. I'm particularly wary of Aderans because of the Bosley connection. Would you entrust a cure for cancer to the marlbro man?
 06/23/2010 06:03 AM

Author Icon
gutted
Regular Poster

with aderans, will it look natrual? the orientation of the hairs? how will they combat this? how will they know in which direction these cloned hairs will grow out?

06/23/2010 06:22 AM

Author Icon
hairshock
Accomplished Poster

what sort of treatment is that guys? I did not get that from the presentation?!

Sep '10 Fin 0.8-1mg/day
June '05 Niz 2% 3x week
 06/23/2010 07:03 AM

Author Icon
Pacino
Prolific Poster

I am not holding my breathe....
 06/23/2010 12:52 PM

Author Icon
Calvin 2.0
Accomplished Poster

I don't believe any of it yet, to be honest. I'm particularly wary of Aderans because of the Bosley connection. Would you entrust a cure for cancer to the marlbro man?

If the tobacco industry discovered a new type of plant that was just as addictive, just as cheap, and had none of the lung damage effects? Yes, I would trust them to make that instead of the existing harmful tobacco.

Bosley has no vested interest in wrecking our heads for its own sake. They just want to make money, and so far wrecking our head has been a good way for them to do that. If they find a way to make more money without wrecking our heads they will switch tactics in a heartbeat.

with aderans, will it look natrual? the orientation of the hairs? how will they combat this? how will they know in which direction these cloned hairs will grow out?

It's not cloning. Aderans is doing a more advanced version of what ICX was doing. Characteristics & direction has not been a problem as far as I know. The new stuff takes orders from your skin, and your skin only has one set of genetic instructions on how to make the hairs come out.

06/23/2010 01:44 PM

Author Icon
Boondock
Regular Poster

Bosley has no vested interest in wrecking our heads for its own sake. They just want to make money, and so far wrecking our head has been a good way for them to do that. If they find a way to make more money without wrecking our heads they will switch tactics in a heartbeat.

The question for me isn't what their motivation is. It's whether you can trust them. I'm not taking sides in this business yet, but I can't help but be extremely wary of the information they're putting out.
 06/23/2010 01:51 PM

Author Icon
SemperFi
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: gutted with aderans, will it look natrual? the orientation of the hairs? how will they combat this? how will they know in which direction these cloned hairs will grow out?

Natural look is the least of the problem imo... if you have a full head of hair you couldn't care less in which direction they grow and for the hairline you get those 500 FUE grafts transplanted from the back and fpr the perfect hairline...

If someone offers me a full head of purple hairs for life I signup immediately...

06/23/2010 04:53 PM

Author Icon
Calvin 2.0
Accomplished Poster

The question for me isn't what their motivation is. It's whether you can trust them. I'm not taking sides in this business yet, but I can't help but be extremely wary of the information they're putting out.

If the product doesn't work then nobody benefits. ARI has spent too much money doing the research and going through the FDA certification just to release another piece of overhyped snake oil. They won't settle for that if they think there's any chance of making the treatment work any better.

Finasteride works better than anything else so far and that was a commercial flop. It has always been clear that HM researchers must offer a drastic visual improvement for baldness if they wanna get the big money. Nothing less than that will sell.

I don't trust Bosley but I trust plain old-fashioned greed to guide their actions. If ARI has a truly viable baldness treatment then we'll get it from whoever distributes it. One way or another.

Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Aderans release set for 2014

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
31513 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 804 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 811 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc