hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Official RU results thread
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/17/2010 07:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/17/2010 07:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Been reading thru all the RU threads, the current rage, but aren't seeing any before/after photos or any proof of any results. It sounds promising and I am interested in using it but I have seen other "great new treatments" come and go, usually with much great hoopla. When I first started reading these forums 5 yrs ago Revivogen was "the cure" but look at it now. Anybody remember Procede? Users post:

1. Duration of use

2. Any sides, shedding etc.

3. Dated before and after pictures

4. Misc. helpfull info

The stuffs been around for several months...somebody has got to have some verifiable results (or is it a scam??)
 06/17/2010 09:46 PM

Author Icon
Thyroids
Accomplished Poster

This is why we need blogs back on the forum. Much easier to keep track of everyone's progress. I miss the days of just clicking on someone's avatar to see their pics.
 06/17/2010 10:00 PM

Author Icon
irishpride86
Accomplished Poster

I have posted results,so has el dut,and do has jigga, as well as 1 other person(who I can't recall right now).

Tomorrow I'll repost before and after pics.

El dut and jigga do the same bros...

-------------------------
Treatments
-------------
Rogaine foam-day5%(all over top of scalp 2 capfulls worth)-9/09
Minox liquid 5%-night-3/11
1% nizoral 2x week
Dutus DUT 0.5 mg 2x week-12/13
FIN 1.25 mg(walgreens)-10/11
Biotin 5mg
Msm 2000mg
Spiro s5 cream EOD-12/13
 06/17/2010 11:50 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

1. Duration of use

2 years and 2 months

2. Any sides, shedding etc.

no sides, no shedding

3. Dated before and after pictures

I was on DUT + flutamide before, switched to RU. Photos taken 2 years ago show no major changes or further loss..meaning that RU is maintening 100% of the hair !

4. Misc. helpfull info

RU Rocks ! the best topical hairloss prevention drug by far.
Won't regrow new terminal hair if you are already bald but will work better than FIN and DUT at preventing further loss at the temples/hairline because it also blocks testosterone.

And you can fine-tune the amount of the drug needed to achieve this, without suffering from systemic androgenic side effects.

FIN (1998 to 2004)
DUT (2004-2008)
DUT + Flutamide & Fluridil (2008)
DUT + RU (end 2008)
RU only (20mg to 400mg/day 2009-2011)
RU+Minox (2011- 2013)

At present:
-RU 20 mg/day (mixed to Neogenic)
-Neogenic (3ml)
-Minox foam
 06/18/2010 05:54 PM

Author Icon
smithduggan34
Occasional Poster

There are a couple of individuals who hijack every RU thread and I am on the fence, so I would be very, very interested in the results of the greater population. No conjecture, just quantifiable results.
 06/18/2010 10:51 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Thyroids This is why we need blogs back on the forum. Much easier to keep track of everyone's progress. I miss the days of just clicking on someone's avatar to see their pics.
Me too!

Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
Supplement: R-ALA, Frm Cod Liver, Encapsulated Probiotics, etc...
 06/18/2010 10:54 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

I'm 2 months almost on RU. My hair has gotta worse on it.. could be cuz I started minox at same timte and I'm going thru a shed but RU... ill evaluate more on a 3 month basis

Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
 06/19/2010 06:17 AM

Author Icon
beaner
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ItzMeCorey

I'm 2 months almost on RU. My hair has gotta worse on it.. could be cuz I started minox at same timte and I'm going thru a shed but RU... ill evaluate more on a 3 month basis

How will you know if RU is working if you started minoxidil at the same time? Even your hair stays the same or improves you won't be able to say with any certainty that it was the RU.
 06/19/2010 05:10 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Thx Beaner. I should add to the list

5. What other treatments are you using concurrent with RU

The true test would be using RU on it's own. BTW is RU either currently in or being considered for FDA trials?

To el_dut - thanks for the concise response
 06/24/2010 09:21 AM

Author Icon
daMan
Accomplished Poster

1. Duration of use I'm exactly 1 month into my RU experiment, or 30 days. I'm using 100mg in about 2ml of Everclear only. Nothing to report yet as far as results, I'm freakin praying this is going to work. I'm thinking I may use 150mg for month 2. I'll report back in a month. I'm currently using FE RU from the group buy. 2. Any sides, shedding etc. None yet. I don't know what 'shedding' means. When my hair falls out it's MPB. 3. Dated before and after pictures n/a 4. Misc. helpfull info Nothing really. 5. What other treatments are you using concurrent with RU I'm also on Avodart daily, Promox nightly and Nizoral. I apply RU in the AM. Nothing has ever worked for me, that's why I'm going the RU route. So if I actually see results, it's definately from the RU.
 06/24/2010 04:39 PM

Author Icon
StandStrong
Accomplished Poster

daMan I would add some PG or DMI to your everclear. It will evaporate to fast without it. You will lose alot of RU that gets left on your scalp that didnt get the chance to penetrate.
 06/24/2010 04:45 PM

Author Icon
Green Lantern
Accomplished Poster

Where is everyone getting their PG?

0.5 mg Dut
5% RU (MBPTreatments)
5% Minox
Dermaroller (EOD)
 06/24/2010 04:49 PM

Author Icon
willwork4hair
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Green Lantern Where is everyone getting their PG?

Here is the cheapest I've found

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-ounce-Bottle-100-Propylene-Glycol-usp-FREE-SHIPPING-/200485359436?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaddbcf4c

06/24/2010 04:49 PM

Author Icon
daMan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: StandStrong daMan I would add some PG or DMI to your everclear. It will evaporate to fast without it. You will lose alot of RU that gets left on your scalp that didnt get the chance to penetrate.
How much PG? A 2 ml bottle is tiny ... so it would only be like a drop or 2 of PG? Does that sound right? Where do I get PG from?
 06/24/2010 04:50 PM

Author Icon
daMan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: willwork4hair
Originally posted by: Green Lantern Where is everyone getting their PG?

Here is the cheapest I've found

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-ounce-Bottle-100-Propylene-Glycol-usp-FREE-SHIPPING-/200485359436?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eaddbcf4c

Do">http://cgi.ebay.com/8-ounce-Bo...m2eaddbcf4c

[/q any stores sell it? Not looking to buy online.
 06/24/2010 06:42 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

I personally think RU is a bunch of Hype.... Thats me... Oh well... Could be the minox but my hair got way worse starting Ru and minox combo... i cut back just to Ru now...

06/24/2010 07:01 PM

Author Icon
Jiggaman
Prolific Poster

Terrible move to ditch minox or RU right now. Its not the RU or the minox its you being too impatient and paranoid to let the meds work. What have you given it a month? Why would you ditch minox now during or after a shed thats the worst part and not wait it out to get the benefit which I guarantee would have come. With that type of attitude and dedication no med is going to work for you its your head not the meds.

06/24/2010 07:06 PM

Author Icon
Cappy
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: ItzMeCorey

I personally think RU is a bunch of Hype.... Thats me... Oh well... Could be the minox but my hair got way worse starting Ru and minox combo... i cut back just to Ru now...

You think its a bunch of Hype but yet you chose it over a well known/proven effective treatment?
 06/24/2010 07:17 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Cappy
Originally posted by: ItzMeCorey I personally think RU is a bunch of Hype.... Thats me... Oh well... Could be the minox but my hair got way worse starting Ru and minox combo... i cut back just to Ru now...
You think its a bunch of Hype but yet you chose it over a well known/proven effective treatment?
ya its called seeing with your own eyes... studies looked decent... but noone posted any legit pics that were consistant... it was all buzz cuts then there hair got longer they took more pics and yelled regrowth! so ya...

06/24/2010 07:17 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Jiggaman Terrible move to ditch minox or RU right now. Its not the RU or the minox its you being too impatient and paranoid to let the meds work. What have you given it a month? Why would you ditch minox now during or after a shed thats the worst part and not wait it out to get the benefit which I guarantee would have come. With that type of attitude and dedication no med is going to work for you its your head not the meds.
well the minox is making my cheeks puffy I think so I dont wanna deal with that going permanant

Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Official RU results thread

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
30764 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 791 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 795 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc