hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bee Pollen
Topic Summary: May cure MPB
Created On: 05/06/2010 10:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/06/2010 10:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MikeGore
Regular Poster

Hi,

I've read somewhere that bee pollen also inhibits DHT, much like Saw Palmetto, but unlike Saw Palmetto it also increases testestorone. Bee Pollen is also said to get rid of excessive estrogen which would also imply that there is no gynecomastia risk.

Is saw palmetto known to reduce testestorone levels? If bee pollen increases testestorone levels but inhibits DHT would it be safe to assume that it doesn't cause gynecomastia and also prevents hair loss? Or would the increase in testestorone mean its bad for our hair?

Has anyone used bee pollen with satisfactory results or side effects?

What I'd like to know is, are nanboobs caused by low levels of DHT or testosterone? And if Bee Pollen lower DHT does it mean its safe?

What I'd like to know is there are so many things out there saying it lowers DHT, like Omega 3 supplements and grape seed extract. Is it true that Saw Palmetto lowers DHT the most? Could Bee Pollen be better than SP?

Regards,

Mike
 05/06/2010 10:55 AM

Author Icon
Dobo
Prolific Poster

Interesting post. Food for study.
 05/06/2010 11:09 AM

Author Icon
Logan2
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: MikeGore

Is saw palmetto known to reduce testestorone levels?

I would think that since it is an androgen receptor blocker it would increase free T. I used it some years ago and was horney as hell when on it. I certainly didn't feel like my test was decreased.

Originally posted by: MikeGoreWhat I'd like to know is, are nanboobs caused by low levels of DHT or testosterone?

Manboobs are probably caused by the increase in estrogen seen with 5ar inhibitors and androgen receptor blockers.

I know nothing about bee pollen though, but I tend to think if it helped with mpb we would have heard. It more than likely is not the cure. Just being realistic.

Edited: 05/06/2010 at 02:14 PM by Logan2
 05/06/2010 01:58 PM

Author Icon
oofah
Accomplished Poster

Here's something about estrogen:

We used to think that male-pattern baldness,/ on the top of the head/, is caused by a derivative of the male hormone called dihydrotestosterone. Recent research show that theory may be wrong and that male-pattern baldness may be caused by a combination of an infection and the female hormone, estrogen.

In the first study, French researchers report in the Journal of Dermatologic Treatment, that biopsies of the scalp in men with male-pattern baldness show signs of infection/ particularly a marked increase in the density of activated T cells and IgG antibody deposits. When men with male-pattern baldness rubbed an antibiotic cream on their balding heads for 10 months (piroctone olamine and triclosanon), biopsies showed that their T cells and IGG deposits disappeared and the rate of hair loss slowed down to normal. Another recent study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that the female hormone, estrogen, in mice puts hair into a resting stage that can prevent hair from growing/ and/ that giving hormones that block estrogen causes the hair to start growing again. If these studies can be duplicated by other researchers, the future treatment for male-pattern baldness may be to shampoo daily and then apply a special antibiotic cream to the scalp. I am sure that studies will start soon to see if a cream containing the anti-estrogen drug, tamoxifen, stops male-pattern baldness from progressing. More than 30 years ago, several studies showed that a cream containing another female hormone, called progesterone, slowed hair loss in male pattern baldness.

By Gabe Mirkin, M.D., for CBS Radio News

1) GE Pierard, C Pierardfranchimont, N Nikkelstassoudji, AF Nikkels, D Saintleger. Improvement in the inflammatory aspect of androgenetic alopecia. A pilot study with an antimicrobial lotion. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 7: 3 (SEP 1996): 153-157.

05/06/2010 04:25 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Thats why im thinking of using Keto 2% cream as well... I don't know what people think about that... but

-------------------------
Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
Supplement: R-ALA, Frm Cod Liver, Encapsulated Probiotics, etc...
 05/06/2010 04:28 PM

Author Icon
joe_561
Accomplished Poster

Bee Pollen. I haven't heard about Bee Pollen in years!
 05/06/2010 04:30 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Also divine skin uses triclosan in there products... even the minox based products...

Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
 05/06/2010 04:34 PM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: oofah Here's something about estrogen: We used to think that male-pattern baldness,/ on the top of the head/, is caused by a derivative of the male hormone called dihydrotestosterone. Recent research show that theory may be wrong and that male-pattern baldness may be caused by a combination of an infection and the female hormone, estrogen. In the first study, French researchers report in the Journal of Dermatologic Treatment, that biopsies of the scalp in men with male-pattern baldness show signs of infection/ particularly a marked increase in the density of activated T cells and IgG antibody deposits. When men with male-pattern baldness rubbed an antibiotic cream on their balding heads for 10 months (piroctone olamine and triclosanon), biopsies showed that their T cells and IGG deposits disappeared and the rate of hair loss slowed down to normal. Another recent study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that the female hormone, estrogen, in mice puts hair into a resting stage that can prevent hair from growing/ and/ that giving hormones that block estrogen causes the hair to start growing again. If these studies can be duplicated by other researchers, the future treatment for male-pattern baldness may be to shampoo daily and then apply a special antibiotic cream to the scalp. I am sure that studies will start soon to see if a cream containing the anti-estrogen drug, tamoxifen, stops male-pattern baldness from progressing. More than 30 years ago, several studies showed that a cream containing another female hormone, called progesterone, slowed hair loss in male pattern baldness. By Gabe Mirkin, M.D., for CBS Radio News 1) GE Pierard, C Pierardfranchimont, N Nikkelstassoudji, AF Nikkels, D Saintleger. Improvement in the inflammatory aspect of androgenetic alopecia. A pilot study with an antimicrobial lotion. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 7: 3 (SEP 1996): 153-157.
DHT & T suffocating the follicle could signal the body to send T lymphocytes and igg antibodies... I never was quite sure about the DHT myself... Something still baffles me about MPB! its pissing me off... I hope this RU thing isnt gonna be a waste and its an in*****tion!

05/06/2010 05:12 PM

Author Icon
oofah
Accomplished Poster

Here's another study using antibiotics for hairloss:
http://www.hairloss-research.org/antibiotics.html

If it were as simple as stopping or drastically slowing down the formation of DHT there wouldn't be 50 different hair loss forum and the constant posts about how fin or dut didn't do anything or made things worse.

I'm scheduled for a hair transplant which involves taking antibiotics so I'll get a chance (once again) to see if the itching and shedding stop.
 05/06/2010 05:16 PM

Author Icon
hairshock
Accomplished Poster

Won't having half the male population of earth rubbing antibiotics on their balding heads make the antibiotics useless for other puproses in the long run?

Sep '10 Fin 0.8-1mg/day
June '05 Niz 2% 3x week
 05/06/2010 05:53 PM

Author Icon
Hair today,Gone tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

I do know that raw natural honey is a super food. Bacteria cannot grow in it. They found 3000 year old honey in a chamber in one of the Pyramids in Egypt and it was still pure and fine to eat!! That is some crazy stuff there.
 05/06/2010 11:03 PM

Author Icon
stilldeciding
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: oofah Here's something about estrogen: We used to think that male-pattern baldness,/ on the top of the head/, is caused by a derivative of the male hormone called dihydrotestosterone. Recent research show that theory may be wrong and that male-pattern baldness may be caused by a combination of an infection and the female hormone, estrogen. In the first study, French researchers report in the Journal of Dermatologic Treatment, that biopsies of the scalp in men with male-pattern baldness show signs of infection/ particularly a marked increase in the density of activated T cells and IgG antibody deposits. When men with male-pattern baldness rubbed an antibiotic cream on their balding heads for 10 months (piroctone olamine and triclosanon), biopsies showed that their T cells and IGG deposits disappeared and the rate of hair loss slowed down to normal. Another recent study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that the female hormone, estrogen, in mice puts hair into a resting stage that can prevent hair from growing/ and/ that giving hormones that block estrogen causes the hair to start growing again. If these studies can be duplicated by other researchers, the future treatment for male-pattern baldness may be to shampoo daily and then apply a special antibiotic cream to the scalp. I am sure that studies will start soon to see if a cream containing the anti-estrogen drug, tamoxifen, stops male-pattern baldness from progressing. More than 30 years ago, several studies showed that a cream containing another female hormone, called progesterone, slowed hair loss in male pattern baldness. By Gabe Mirkin, M.D., for CBS Radio News 1) GE Pierard, C Pierardfranchimont, N Nikkelstassoudji, AF Nikkels, D Saintleger. Improvement in the inflammatory aspect of androgenetic alopecia. A pilot study with an antimicrobial lotion. Journal of Dermatological Treatment 7: 3 (SEP 1996): 153-157.

Estrogen is GOOD for hair.

AM
- S5 Spiro Cream 5% w/ 1% Caffeine and .025% Retin-A

PM
- Same as AM

- Peppermint Shampoo
- Fin .5mg (EOD) DROPPING
- Oral Spiro 75mg/day (goal:  150mg/day)
- Supplements

CONSIDERING
- Roxi .5%

05/07/2010 08:40 AM

Author Icon
Jocko Conlin
Regular Poster

I thought this thread was about bee pollen, lol. I'm interested in learning more about what if any benefits bee pollen shows for hair loss.
Statistics
31735 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 582 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 592 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc