hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Ketoconazole cream!
Topic Summary: wowzers!
Created On: 04/16/2010 05:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2010 05:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

Allright guys so I've been using ketoconazole cream daily for a month either after wetting my hair or shampooing (also threw in revivogen shampoo in at the same time as i started "ketoderm" only because it feels so damn good on my scalp and smells good, though I doubt its doing much for hairloss)  and I swear to god its regrowing my temples (i am 21 with about .5 inch receded temples.) Not only has there been about a 0.5 - 1 cm of regrowth, I see a lot of vellus hairs as well where the recession has occured! My hairloss is fairly recent ~ 2 years so maybe thats why my sensitivity to antiandrogens is high in these regions. Just giving you guys an update. I wish I had a decent camera to record my progress on! I really think that the cream is a hell of a lot better than Nizoral shampoo. I'd strongly urge people to ditch nizoral shampoo and get the cream. We probably need to test the cream on a large scale. I just got a two months supply for $32 (2x 30 gram tubes) but it requires a script from a doctor. I feel absolutely no itching. Flakes due to dryness are nonexistant, whereas with nizoral they were TERRIBLE (may possibly be due to the changing weather, but I doubt it!). Scalp just feels a LOT healthier.

I HATE to be giving you guys anecdotal evidence like this, I will try to get picture evidence ASAP. Cheers!

On a different note... What is wrong with this guy! Norwood NEGATIVE 3 and he picks the most absolutely retarded haircut in the world lmao.

http://www.mulletjunky.com/webimages/criminalskull.jpg

P.s. Don't let the quality of the terrible webcam fool you. I am a pretty bad diffuse thinner. =D

Ok attached better quality pics. Top two are left side. Bottom one is right side. Taken 4/17/2010

Edit: Attached pics that show my diffuse pattern thinning when my hair is wet. The lighting is very dull, so you're not able to see how bad it is.

114505.jpg
114505.jpg  (83 KB)
114511.jpg
114511.jpg  (89 KB)
113855.jpg
113855.jpg  (69 KB)
202826.jpg
202826.jpg  (78 KB)
202844.jpg
202844.jpg  (96 KB)

-------------------------

I follow my own rules. No one else's. Not even mine.

Edited: 04/17/2010 at 06:16 PM by Ike43
 04/16/2010 05:54 PM

Author Icon
bevalaqua
Accomplished Poster

I am always very leery when I hear of temple regrowth. Where are you applying this cream to on your scalp and why would you apply this cream to bare temples in the first place? Just curious.
 04/16/2010 06:09 PM

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

Well. I track progress via two methods.

1) I check the alignment of my temple triangle relative to the end of my eyebrows.

2) My left temple has a small birthmark in a convienient position which allows me to easily identify how my temples are doing. I've attached a picture.

From looking at this i can see the progress of my temples. At one point my temples were almost receded to the birthmark/ small circular bald spot.

As for your question about why I would apply the cream to bare temples; I'll explain.

I know what my hairline was like BEFORE my hairloss began. So not only do I apply the keto cream ALL over my scalp, but I also apply it to where my temples have receded. I have only mentioned my temples because i keep them fairly short in a high-fade military cut/faux hawk; so it's much easier to notice regrowth than on the top or the crown. Anyway I am not claiming ridiculously insane sucess; but hopefully this is what it's heading towards ! I started noticing vellus hairs at the 2-3 week mark. I wanted to wait till 5 weeks to post anything.

Edited: 04/17/2010 at 12:45 PM by Ike43
 04/16/2010 09:12 PM

Author Icon
cliquesh
Prolific Poster

How do you apply the cream?  I know that is sounds like a dumb question, but I have spiro 5% cream and I apply that to my temples, and it seems to work. However, I do not apply it to my crown because I cant figure a good way of doing it. Do you apply it to your crown? If so, how do you do it?

04/16/2010 10:21 PM

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

I usually put the amount I am going to use on my crown on some sort of flat non-stick surface. I then take a small portion of this, part my moist hair on the crown (moist because I've either just shampooed or washed it with water) and rub these small portions in at multiple areas. You have to keep like a visual map of where you've applied it though. I usuall work from left to right.

04/17/2010 02:31 AM

Author Icon
StandStrong
Accomplished Poster

Is it 2% strength?

Did you have any loss at the corners of your hairline(which some people also refer to as the "temples")
 04/17/2010 06:22 AM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

Hey Ike... how did you get the keto cream? im 23 and want some good results from something...

Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
Supplement: R-ALA, Frm Cod Liver, Encapsulated Probiotics, etc...
 04/17/2010 06:33 AM

Author Icon
ItzMeCorey
Accomplished Poster

well i just ordered 2 bottles of 2% cream from an overseas website in the UK... so ill give it a try vs. the shampoo... cuz for some reason i hear mixed things about the shampoo...

Diet: Mostly Organic - Fish, Chicken, Grass Fed/Wild Meat, Soup, Wht Rice, Potatos, Oatmeal, Spinach, Variety Vegetables/Fruit, Quality Ice Cream, Chocolate, Dates, Lettuce Shots, Juicing
Supplement: R-ALA, Frm Cod Liver, Encapsulated Probiotics, etc...
 04/17/2010 07:36 AM

Author Icon
Jarmen
Regular Poster

Can someone explain to me why it looks like this photo has been airbrushed around the hairline? Is it just my computer screen? looks like a 50% opacity brush was used. I don't want to make any accusations, just curious.

Thanks
 04/17/2010 08:19 AM

Author Icon
choreboy
Prolific Poster

I see what you're talking about... looks a little odd, for sure. That squiggly line isn't your hairline, is it? In any event, this is yet another account of the 2% cream, for some reason, being more effective than the shampoo. There have been several instances over the years where people have used the cream and claimed a good result. One guy in particular comes to mind... I believe he may have been using aloe, too. He apparently was two licks from NW7 and basically regrew most of his hair... I'll see if I can find it.
 04/17/2010 08:26 AM

Author Icon
choreboy
Prolific Poster

Dude, you're lucky as hell... I'd plant dope on an old lady for hair like that.
 04/17/2010 08:29 AM

Author Icon
king
Regular Poster

sounds good mate ive got a receding hair line and was about to jump on FIN monday but might give this a shot now

what is your full routine?

thanks

ash

Current:

11-11-09 - NIZ 2%
01-04-10 - FIN E.O.D
28-04-10 - NIZ Cream

Looking at:

Any sort of topical for hairline
 04/17/2010 08:39 AM

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

Yes it is the 2% ketoconazole ketoderm StandStrong.

Jarmen and Choreboy, haha, yeah I see what you mean. My hairline definitely looks weird in this picture. Let me try taking another during daylight! The temple seems a little blurry. There's no need to apologize guys, I think us poor balding bastards get our hopes up way too often. But like I already stated my webcam is TERRIBLE! It was only about 15-25 dollars! Haha. I think the air-brushed-looking area is peach-puzzy/ approaching terminal hair regrowth in bad lighting. Also the fact that I just got a haircut yesterday. Yeah, I just looked in the mirror and I am pretty sure that's what it is. Also, I apply the ketoderm slightly more often on my temples when going out because I spike the top in a faux hawk, and use ketoderm on the temples to flatten them and point them forward for more coverage (almost like a gel).

04/17/2010 08:45 AM

Author Icon
MikeysEgo
Regular Poster

Can you post the link to where you purchase this cream...thanx and congrats
 04/17/2010 08:51 AM

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

Hey MikeysEgo I just went to my family doctor and I told her that my scalp was irritating me; flakes, inflamation and itchiness etc. And that I wanted to try ketoconazole cream out because not only is it good for dandruff, but multiple studies have shown its effectiveness as an antiandrogen in terms of reducing hair loss. She gave me a prescription and I just went to my local pharmacy and bought two 30g tubes (a two month supply for me, considering I apply it all over my scalp) for $32. Just sound intelligent and know what you're talking about and you should definitely get a script. Take the ketoconazole cream hairloss studies to your doctor if you have to! Cheers!

04/17/2010 08:58 AM

Author Icon
Innermind
Accomplished Poster

ummmmmm..... really? Im not alone here am I?

F@(K it! No treatments. Nothing. Im done wasting money.
Dr. Thomas (scum) Wentland-1800 hairs, destroyed my life.
Dr. Ron Shapiro- 176 FUE into scar. Happy with results.
Buzzing my head no guard, happy except for the marks left from scumland, i mean Dr. wentland.

Edited: 04/17/2010 at 09:16 AM by Innermind
 04/17/2010 09:18 AM

Author Icon
Ike43
Occasional Poster

Lol, what's wrong Innermind? Sorry if my thread is a little unorganized and if I am a little scattered .

The bottomline I want to stress is: I definitely see something (no ridiculous results yet!) with ketoconazole cream. Just updating you guys. If you're using nizoral shampoo, I'd say definitely ditch it and try the cream. We need more people to test out this stuff; it looks promising.

Edited: 04/17/2010 at 12:40 PM by Ike43
 04/17/2010 11:27 AM

Author Icon
Auten Jostew
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Innermind
ummmmmm..... really? Im not alone here am I?

No, you're not. I'll say it : Where is this hair loss you're talking about?

I used ketoderm myself for 16 months with little to no results.
 04/17/2010 11:45 AM

Author Icon
JohnDavid45
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: cliquesh

How do you apply the cream? 

For crown applications, you might try "patting" it gentle into the scalp, rather than rubbing it in. I find this is less stressful on my hair.

Ike43, can you post the ingredients in your cream?

Side: Here are some online sites where you can purchase 2% Ken Cream:

http://www.unitedpharmacies.co...uct.php?productid=264
http://www.inhousepharmacy.com...re/nizoral-cream.html

-5% Spiro Cream (daily)
-Prox-N (daily)
-5% Minox with phen (daily)
-NANO Shampoo (3/weekly)
-Nizoral (3/weekly)
-Ginger Scalp Care Shampoo [Piroctone Olamine] (1/weekly)
 04/17/2010 12:05 PM

Author Icon
dogs3
Accomplished Poster

I think i'll give this stuff a shot, hopefully the unitedpharmacies stuff is the same thing Ike uses... Did you notice any shedding at all Ike?
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Ketoconazole cream!

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
32069 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 733 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 740 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc