hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bioxcin
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/11/2009 03:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/11/2009 03:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dazz7
Regular Poster

I was looking on ebay and found a herbal product called BIOXCIN which claims to reduce 5 alpha reductase. This product has some clinical tests (114 men) and has been researched by Istanbul University. At first I thought same old same and dismissed it until I did some quick research into its ingredients. One of the main ingredient is "myricetin". Initially I thought this is new to me as a 5 alpha reductase inhibiter. I was very surprised to find that myricetin is sourced from the bark of the Bayberry. Then I realised I had read about Bayberry before. A Doctor did some research into bayberry extract and found it was 80.7% effective at inhibiting 5 alpha reductase. At that time a product could not be made with the information because bayberry bark was too dark and had a strong smell. It looks like somebody has now isolated the active ingredient of bayberry bark and made a hairloss product out of it....very interesting !! Below is the original research into bayberry conducted by Dr. Matsuda 1) Bayberry Study by Dr. Matsuda et al. From: waseda Date: 02 Apr 2001 Time: 05:31:31 Remote Name: 211.132.39.221 Comments Anti-androgenic Activity of Miricae Cortex---Isolation of Active Constituents from Bark of Myrica rubra (Biol. Pham. Bull. 24(3), March 2001) by Hideaki Matsuda et. al. consists of roghly three parts. First, they carries out screening of 20 herbs on inhibition rate of testosterone 5 alpha reductase activity, though they don't seperate type one and type two. Top five of inhibition rate of activity in vitro by 50% ethanol extracts are Myrica rubra Sieb. et Zucc (so called bayberry ) : 80.7% Rosa rugosa Thunb. var. plena Regel (so called Ramanas rose, naturalized in several places in Britain) : 79.0% Mucuna birdwoodiana Tutcher : 58.4% Polygonum bistorta L. (so called BISTORT, SNAKEWEED, EASTER LEDGES) : 58.2% Polygonum multiforum Thunb. (so called He Shou Wu, Fo-Ti) : 57.4% Next, they pay attention to the top two plants and study the tesosterone-stimulated growth suppression of Hamster Flank Organs in terms of pigment macule areas(mm2). Their comparison standard is oxendolone. Testosterone + 50% ethanol (control) left(untreatd) 7.2 right(treated) 19.4 inhibition rate 0% Testosterone + bayberry extract 0.5mg 7.1 11.8 39% Testosterone + Rosa rugosa 0.5mg 6.1 10.1 48% Testosterone + oxendolone 0.33micor mol 4.8 12.8 34% In short, bayberry extract inhibits the growth of right flank organ stimulated by testosterone by 39% locally, while oxendolone inhibits it by 34% and partially syemicaly(left organ is also suppressed). Though Rosa rugosa inhibits the growth by as large as 48%, it works a bit systemically( see the figure 6.1 < 7.2). Third, they study the recovery scores of topical applications of stuffs from testosterone deppressed hair of mouse in shaved area. Score 1: less than 20% growth of hair, 20%<=score 2<40%, 40%<=score 3<60%, 60%
bioxcin.JPG
bioxcin.JPG  (175 KB)

12/11/2009 04:45 PM

Author Icon
stilldeciding
Accomplished Poster

Did it also inhibit testosterone? Or raise it?

-------------------------

AM
- S5 Spiro Cream 5% w/ 1% Caffeine and .025% Retin-A

PM
- Same as AM

- Peppermint Shampoo
- Fin .5mg (EOD) DROPPING
- Oral Spiro 75mg/day (goal:  150mg/day)
- Supplements

CONSIDERING
- Roxi .5%

12/11/2009 05:08 PM

Author Icon
TheCamdenKid
Prolific Poster

Hands down, those are the worst example pictures I've EVER seen. That's spray-paintbrush on paintspa or something. The LAST pic is what the guy looked like before they did the artwork that made it look like he was losing his hair.

There is no morality left in the World. It would probably serve you to remember that the next time you look up one of these cretinous adverts.
 12/12/2009 05:32 AM

Author Icon
dazz7
Regular Poster

I don't know if it reduces free testosterone in the scalp, I was only noteing that one of its main ingredients is a bayberry extract and that has been studied and was found effective at inhibiting 5 alpha reductase by 80.7%. Nobody could use bayberry though because it was a deep red/brown colour and had a strong smell......bayberry is the strongest herbal 5 alpha reductase inhibitor known? This product alos contains Linolcic and olcic acid which if I remember correctly are the active ingredients in emu oil. If you are specifically looking for a product which will scrub the free testosterone out of your scalp you should wash your hair in caffeine shampoo......Every time I write a post on this forum I try to put it in paragraphs and when I click post it bumps it into one big block of text...very irritating!
 12/12/2009 12:21 PM

Author Icon
peninsula
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: TheCamdenKid Hands down, those are the worst example pictures I've EVER seen. That's spray-paintbrush on paintspa or something. The LAST pic is what the guy looked like before they did the artwork that made it look like he was losing his hair. There is no morality left in the World. It would probably serve you to remember that the next time you look up one of these cretinous adverts.
No kidding! Looks totally airbrushed! If there's any credibility with this stuff, at least for me the pics kill it!

PERSONAL WEBSITE!!! http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/peninsula/
 10/25/2013 06:22 AM

Author Icon
Croxdene436

Originally posted by: peninsula

Originally posted by: TheCamdenKid

Hands down, those are the worst example pictures I've EVER seen. That's spray-paintbrush on paintspa or something. The LAST pic is what the guy looked like before they did the artwork that made it look like he was losing his hair.

There is no morality left in the World. It would probably serve you to remember that the next time you look up one of these cretinous adverts.

It would be very difficult to show progress on a real head but it does work I have witnessed it!

Bioxcin convert

Edited: 10/25/2013 at 06:28 AM by Croxdene436
 10/25/2013 06:26 AM

Author Icon
Croxdene436

I have bought some of these products for my family after seeing a friend of mine using it whilst I was in Turkey. I must say I was cynical at first but I am fully on board with this product.

I bought some about three months ago and the improvement is very noticeable so I recommend you to give it a go all you've got lose is your hair if you don't!

Bioxcin convert
 10/25/2013 07:25 AM

Author Icon
summersnow
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Croxdene436

I have bought some of these products for my family after seeing a friend of mine using it whilst I was in Turkey. I must say I was cynical at first but I am fully on board with this product.

I bought some about three months ago and the improvement is very noticeable so I recommend you to give it a go all you've got lose is your hair if you don't!

You also have your hard earned money to lose, I doubt these guys are giving out there magic shampoo for free.

Treatments
0.5 mgs of avodart EOD
Doctor reddys generic dutas EOD
Keto topical every night
Theradome
 12/17/2013 12:44 PM

Author Icon
vb

I have no idea about Bioxcin.
However, I need a product and am in Istanbul.
My friend is a Pharmacist here and it was the first product she mentioned.

I know she wouldn't dick me around because there's no money in it for her.
 12/17/2013 12:59 PM

Author Icon
murat
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: vb

I have no idea about Bioxcin.

However, I need a product and am in Istanbul.

My friend is a Pharmacist here and it was the first product she mentioned.

I know she wouldn't dick me around because there's no money in it for her.

Bioxcin is useless.Their ads has been removed by Turkish health ministry several times.(they claimed 400% regrowth)

Ask for "minoxil forte" or "rogan".They're both good minoxidil brands.There's also "Dermoday anti hair loss serum" which contains copper peptides.You can get nizoral or konazol shampoo without a prescription.(along with proscar,avodart,aldactone or whatever you need)...enjoy your stay
 12/17/2013 01:21 PM

Author Icon
SideShowBob
Prolific Poster

Bayberry was one of he primary ingediants in Wasada's formulas

for topical treatments. He posted and documented his progress on

Hairs*te and he was able to get some regrowth on his bald scalp.

He was the star of the hairloss group back then but the demands of

his time by other posters probably overwhelmed him and he dropped

off the site and never posted again.

What he was able to accomplish was impressive.
Statistics
31669 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 597 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 606 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc