hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gynecomastia/Man Boobs?
Topic Summary: How to identify?
Created On: 10/20/2009 06:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/20/2009 06:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SilkySmooth
Accomplished Poster

Hi guys.

I'v just started using Saw palmetto and i really think it's affecting.. i used to be a pretty hairy chest and i shaved it off yesterday, and i suspect i may be developing man boobs. However i must say im working out alot (push-ups) and maybe im just not use to myself looking like that with no hair. i would like to ask :
1) does anyone suffers/suffered from Gynecomastia due to Saw palmetto/Propecia?
2) Can anyone here please send a link for a photo so i can compare?

I'll take my photo later today and upload it here, i dont have a battrey in my camera atm

Thx
 10/20/2009 07:48 AM

Author Icon
jeffwode
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: SilkySmooth

Hi guys.

I'v just started using Saw palmetto and i really think it's affecting.. i used to be a pretty hairy chest and i shaved it off yesterday, and i suspect i may be developing man boobs. However i must say im working out alot (push-ups) and maybe im just not use to myself looking like that with no hair. i would like to ask :

1) does anyone suffers/suffered from Gynecomastia due to Saw palmetto/Propecia?

2) Can anyone here please send a link for a photo so i can compare?

I'll take my photo later today and upload it here, i dont have a battrey in my camera atm

Thx

10/20/2009 07:49 AM

Author Icon
jeffwode
Prolific Poster

seriously though, if you've been working out it does initially make your tits bigger. you've probably got the same amount of 'insulation' over more muscle.

if you can't really tell, then there's probably nothing to worry about. just keep an eye on it.
 10/20/2009 10:54 PM

Author Icon
Jarmen
Regular Poster

SilkySmooth,

I recently started SP as well, and have wondered the exact same thing. I'm hoping it's just a placebo effect. I'm guessing if you lift your arm up above your head and feel your chest for a tit forming, and you essentially just have a flat chest, that you're probably good. Would this make sense since the breast tissue is above the muscle and just below the skin? When i put my arms at my sides, I figure I'm just flabby haha, and should lose some pounds. I shoulda taken some pics before....

Thoughts?

I was taking SP throughout early september, freaked out, stopped, and started again on Oct 11th (2 160mg pills a day). Both times I started, I noticed a decrease in shedding almost the same day. I really do think it has somekind of affect.

-J
 10/21/2009 04:01 AM

Author Icon
SilkySmooth
Accomplished Poster

Wow Jarmen, good to hear this.
im on SP about 2 weeks and at start i see increased shedding (good sign i think) and now things are getting better , i think.
Btw, do you have a slight sting in your urine? and maybe dry lips/mouth at morning ?
P.S
my stupid camera doesnt turn on ... i hope ill get it shortly..
Jermen, if that fine with you, would you consider uploading your pic ?
 10/21/2009 05:20 PM

Author Icon
Jarmen
Regular Poster

I don't plan to take any pics unless something really becomes obvious. I am going to convince myself it's in my head right now. I might take some now and if I see any change here on out, I'll consider posting both. I am seeing my doctor shortly for a routine phyiscal. I'll toss some questions his way about what he's seen in his many years regarding saw palmetto use. I'm going to stop (again) so that I can try to get some decent blood work done without the effect of SP as a starting point. I may hop back on after if shedding picks up.

Are you trying anything else Silky?

I've been using Zix (distilled water, vodka, B6 pyrodixal 5 phosphate, and zinc sulfate) in the mornings, and the same in the evening but with the addition of Polysorbate 80 (which also has biotin and niacin) and I cut a SP pill and mix it as well. In addition to this, I've cut back my use of Nizoral 2% as I think I over did it and it fried my hair a bit. I use nioxin just as a regular shampoo, and a ginger PTO shampoo as well. I don't want to mess with minox or fin, just scare the crap outta me.
 10/22/2009 02:32 PM

Author Icon
StandStrong
Accomplished Poster

i dont know why fin would scare if saw palmetto doesnt.

How do you think saw palmetto is going to stop your hairloss?
 10/22/2009 11:36 PM

Author Icon
Jarmen
Regular Poster

I know, it's just a hope. I haven't heard a lot of negatives regarding SP, but there are a few posts. Personally, I've just decided not to go the Fin and Minox route. They seem like such extremely harsh unpredictable substances and I'm not willing to subject myself to them. I will just deal with the hair loss if needbe and buzz it. If someone could garuntee me that SP doesn't cause Gyno I would have no doubts about continuing with it. It's been nice having my sex drive calmed down, I'm in more control of it and I'm not gawking at every girl that walks by. But if I have to bust out a bro.....well that's just no good either.
Statistics
32072 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1070 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1070 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc