hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Vitamin D3
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/18/2008 06:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2008 06:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
neutron
Accomplished Poster

Anyone using this for hairloss? Also if so at what dose? Thanks.
 06/19/2008 01:27 AM

Author Icon
aquaman
Prolific Poster

I was taking D3 for about 9 months last year. I was taking 3-4,000iu per day (any smaller dose just wont effect your system contradictory to what the recommemded daily allowence is). To be honest it did nothing for my hairloss... it certainly got worse during that time.

Vitamin D3 is a mood enhancer as it will get the endorphines and other hormones flowing and will do wonders for your skin. It is widely documented in medical journals that it can help protect against prostate cancer. However, I think it may raise testosterone levels at the same time and boost the immune system. I'm not sure hairloss sufferers need their immune system boosted but just re-adjusted or re-programmed.

I jumped on it because in a medical study vitamin D3 was shown to grow hair on bald mice and since it had the prostate link I thought I'd found the cure. I jumped off it because my hairloss was getting worse.

It didn't work for me. Although I was taking other things as well. I wouldn't completely rule it out yet.

Edited: 06/19/2008 at 01:29 AM by aquaman
 06/19/2008 03:10 AM

Author Icon
coco
Regular Poster

Hi Neutron!! Ive been taking a supplement from Vitabiotics called Osteocare - it has per tablet:

Calcium 400mg
Magnesium 150mg
Zinc 5mg
Manganese 0.5mg
Seleneium 50ug
Copper 500ug
D3 2.5ug ( 100iu) 50%RDA
Boron 0.3mg

Currently ive only been taking 1 tablet for the last 2 weeks - not much to comment on really - however i will keep u updated.

Coco
 06/19/2008 05:04 AM

Author Icon
aquaman
Prolific Poster

Coco - that amount of D3 will do absolutly nothing for you. Recommended daily amounts are often outdated and uneducated.

The body makes up to 50,000iu per day after standing in the summer sun for half an hour.

Here is some advice on how much you should take:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/treatment.shtml

06/21/2008 03:26 PM

Author Icon
italianguy
Accomplished Poster

I do NOT agree that Vitamin D3 is bad for HAIR. Vitamin D3 has been touted as a hair growth 'accelerator' like MSM and Biotin etc.

Vitamin D3 is best gotten by adaquate amount of time in natural sunllight.

Vitamin D3 also helps avoid high blood pressure and has many other functions - to be accurate it is more of a hormone than a vitamin.
 06/22/2008 07:42 AM

Author Icon
SpicnSpan
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: italianguy
I do NOT agree that Vitamin D3 is bad for HAIR. Vitamin D3 has been touted as a hair growth 'accelerator' like MSM and Biotin etc.

Vitamin D3 also helps avoid high blood pressure and has many other functions - to be accurate it is more of a hormone than a vitamin.

06/22/2008 07:44 AM

Author Icon
SpicnSpan
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: SpicnSpan

Originally posted by: italianguy

I don't think he said Vit D is bad for your hair... he said vitamin D did not help him grow any hair back. There is a significant difference between these 2 statements. Treating hairloss when you have it vs eating a healthy lifestyle (before hairloss starts) are two different animals.

06/22/2008 07:45 AM

Author Icon
SpicnSpan
Prolific Poster

Wow... I got that posting all wrong.... this is what I wrote...

I don't think he said Vit D is bad for your hair... he said vitamin D did not help him grow any hair back. There is a significant difference between these 2 statements. Treating hairloss when you have it vs eating a healthy lifestyle (before hairloss starts) are two different animals.
 06/23/2008 04:24 AM

Author Icon
jk1
Prolific Poster

I think the lack of Vit D and D 3 in the blood is a good indicator if we are not getitng enough UV and hence also Infra red radiation from the sun.

This could also explain how lasers work in a similar way to a specific spectrum of sunlight eg 650 nm... to produce photonic excitaion of the folicles and hence grow hair.

The sun produces all wavelntghs of light, as well as the 650 nm and Infare red 940 nm use in laser hair treatment studies. I think this is the brekaing ground of medical research into all these LED and laser treatmnets today to treat just about everyyhting because we simply do not see enough sun daily and also are not near infar red radiating heaters these days like we were in the past... its most air conection heating today that has no photonic excitation ability.. the fundmanetal princple behind lasers is photonic excitation and energising of the skin. And body.

So a lack of vit D3 also proves ur not seeing enough UV component of the sun.

Statistics
31681 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 12 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 740 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 752 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc