hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Propecia (Proscar) is working for me already 2 months in no bad side effects! Have pics
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/31/2008 08:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/31/2008 08:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

I am posting this message because I believe that most people who get great results don't bother sharing the positive news on forums etc. The majority of people on here are the people that arent getting results or people who are thinking about trying something. Well I take the Proscar pill in fifths so 1mg everyday and after two months already noticeably working. In fact even if my hair stayed this way I would be fine with it. My oldest brother and I have very similar genetics but he is 12 years older. I am 30 he is 42. Same pattern of hair loss but his is way way thin on top now because he didnt do anything about it. I did not want to let it go that far so after thinking about it for a while I started it.

I waited months to even start the pills, I had them sitting in the cupboard because I was so worried from all the stupid negative side effects stories on line! I know 3 other guys personally now who have taken the drug for years with zero problems, meeting them gave me the confidence to go ahead and take it. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of side effects stories on-line are from hypochondriacs and rival drug companies, just my opinion. THE STUFF WORKS! at least for some, : )

I was seriously thinking about getting a hair transplant and thats why I took the before pics to get an estimate I am glad I did because I would not have taken them otherwise. Oh and the estimate was 8000, I am glad I am just taking these cheap pills or pieces of pills I should say.

Oh, and this is without rogaine use. I bought some but dont use it, it's a pain! This is pure Proscar/propecia results only.

Edited: 05/31/2008 at 12:31 PM by juke1225
 05/31/2008 08:45 AM

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

Oh and I put good pics up on my site so check out the proof and detail on what is happening!
 05/31/2008 08:56 AM

Author Icon
thinninglatin
Regular Poster

I'm glad that propecia is working for you...Some people get side effects and others don't...Not every treatment
works on everybody..I hope that you keep on getting good results from it...
 05/31/2008 09:09 AM

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

Thanks! I assume things will get better because it's working so fast. I will take pics again in a couple months and post them to see if that happens.
 05/31/2008 10:59 AM

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

"In 3 controlled clinical trials for PROPECIA of 12-month duration, 1.4% of patients who took PROPECIA (n=945) were discontinued due to adverse experiences that were considered to be possibly, probably, or definitely drug related. 1.6% of patients who took a sugar pill (placebo; n=934) were discontinued due to adverse experiences." -Off Merk website

Funny how the hypochondriacs are 1.6% even more of a percentage of placebo group than the real possible side effects people 1.4% on actual drug.

Edited: 05/31/2008 at 11:00 AM by juke1225
 05/31/2008 02:17 PM

Author Icon
DeejayOS
Accomplished Poster

Nice improvement for only two months.

Have you thought about adding Rogaine to the arsenal?
 05/31/2008 03:09 PM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Juke, I would not touch rogaine or minoxidil for at least 8 months after starting Propecia. I wish I would have started with Propecia first. You need to see how Propecia helps you for at least 8 months so you don't get confused which treatment helps more. If you start using rogaine and Propecia together then if you start to get worse, you have no idea which caused the change. That way if your hair gets worse, you can say its just the Propecia which some posters on here say is impossible to happen. Do not make the same mistake I made and used them both at the same time RIGHT NOW. I was doing great with Propecia and Rogaine for about 6 months and then after that everything went downhill. I started with way more hair than you and now I have lost more than I started. I cannot say which caused the change because I used them both at the same time. If after 8 months things are NOT improving, then you might want to consider messing with minoxidil. I wish I had this advice a few years ago when I started with hair loss treatments. I did not develop side effects from Propecia until over my 2 years of use. I started to develop very slight gyno so I cut back to half a Propecia and it helps. Keep consistent with Propecia and don't anticipate side effects or they might just happen. Good Luck.
 05/31/2008 04:16 PM

Author Icon
pimpinhair
Accomplished Poster

that's some pretty impressive results for only 2 months , congrats.
 05/31/2008 10:09 PM

Author Icon
deano
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: hungrylikethewolf
Juke, I would not touch rogaine or minoxidil for at least 8 months after starting Propecia.

For people who have been losing hair for some time and have noticeable hair loss, it isn't a bad idea to begin using both Rogaine and Propecia at the same time. Otherwise you may just be wasting 8 months of your time when you could be regrowing hair with Rogaine that Propecia can’t regrow alone and not only that, the longer a hair follicle remains dormant, the more likely it will be destroyed and the less likely it will regrow good, if any, hair again. If you only have mild, barely noticeable hair loss from the past two years or less, then there really isn't much point in using both Rogaine and Propecia. Rarely people would have this paradoxical, or opposite reaction to medications such as Rogaine or Propecia in the long run. As for knowing which medication is causing you side effects, fortunately it is very easy to differentiate the two.
 06/01/2008 01:41 AM

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

Not thought about Rogaine since propecia is workiing no

Edited: 06/01/2008 at 01:41 AM by juke1225
 06/01/2008 02:10 AM

Author Icon
hairlover123
Regular Poster

which fin do u take? fincar from inhousephramacy?
 06/01/2008 08:49 AM

Author Icon
juke1225
Regular Poster

Proscar prescription
 06/01/2008 04:10 PM

Author Icon
ezgoer101
Regular Poster

I've been taking Proscar for about 2+ mths and I barely even shed a hair. It worked great for stopping my hairloss in its tracks. I wish I would have started it sooner. I did notice decrease libido so I know cut a pill into 8ths the best I can and I am back to normal....guess that depends on who u ask..lol. I do have growth but I don't know what has caused it. Definately stick with what's working for ya. No need to change anything. Congrats.
Statistics
31931 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 645 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 648 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc