hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Does Hairmax LaserComb really work??
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/07/2008 03:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/07/2008 03:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mrkneed
Occasional Poster

Your input on your experience with the laser comb would be appreciated. Thanks!
 03/07/2008 04:20 PM

Author Icon
nyccc
Prolific Poster

I believe lasers work, I don't think the Lasermax does unless you are wiling do dedicate a couple of hours at LEAST 3x a week.

I am using the Aculas 250mw, 4 months coming up end of March.
 03/07/2008 09:28 PM

Author Icon
deano
Accomplished Poster

Already had a thread recently discussing the HairMax LaserComb.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=76385&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
 03/07/2008 11:06 PM

Author Icon
emu
Regular Poster

nyccc, how many days a week do you use the Aculas and for how long each time?

Have you noticed any difference?
 03/08/2008 05:51 AM

Author Icon
nyccc
Prolific Poster

CHeck out my webpage I document it. Short answer is no regrowth yet but improved the quality of my hair greatly, far less fallout in shower, grows faster. If there is going to be actual re-growth, I'd say it will happen in the next 10 weeks or so. Otherwise it is just a good product for overall health.

I use it 3x pe week, and for as long as an hour. I try to keep it on the thinning-est areas about 8-10 minutes, the other areas 2-5. That is about 2x what Aculas recommends in their brochure, but that is for 3joules, and my understanding is that 3-6joules are recommended for hairloss so I went the upper range.

Look at it this way; in the spas you sit under a helmet for 20-30 minutes so each area is getting that amount of time. Guessing those are 100mw lasers so seems to me 8-10 mins is a good compromise.
 03/08/2008 07:08 AM

Author Icon
neutron
Accomplished Poster

You guys seem to be using the lasercomb for a lot longer than i do..What i normally do is turn on the beaper it has and move it about a half inch down my scalp with every beap. I do this throughout my scalp for about 3 total passes. then i do a pass or to just moving the comb extremely slowly like i was actually brushing my hair. When i do this the comb never actually stops still in a spot, however just moves extremely slow. I originally started using the comb in the early summer..used it for less than two months and i was feeling a burn in my scalp...i got worried and stopped...then in october i decided to give it another shot. i starter for a month with only two treatments per week for about ten minutes..then in november i did three per week. It has been about five consistent months because i cant actually remember the exact date i started. I really am having a tough time gaging results...i feel like i may have experienced some type of shed. I can say that my hair does seem to be growing quicker than before. I also notice new vellous activity around the hairline. A couple seem to be growing larger...sometimes itz tough to really know if this is an improvement because i think im examining those areas alot more now than i did before. The hairmax lasercomb is the only hairloss treatment im currently using aside from some fish oil and vitamins. I dont believe it is a very effective stand alone treatment. I also dont think ive given it enough time as it does take probably a few more months to really see improved hair cycles and even just improved quality..i would be happy if it just did improve my hair quality..i think i need to add something else but i dont like minoxidil and -feel like for many people it makes things worse...However, i think i will order some prox-n/nano to try and get some better results...i used finasteride with seemingly no results...I have diffuse thinning so the comb is definatly a more convenient treatment.
 03/08/2008 10:22 AM

Author Icon
pure_drive
Accomplished Poster

I use mine too irregularly to tell if there has been a difference (sometimes i use to 4x a week, sometimes only 2)

Wonder if overmachogrande had results with his laser helmet.
 03/23/2008 07:34 PM

Author Icon
JL
Occasional Poster

Ive been using my laser wand (properly) since November. Im not bald, just thin. Sorry to report I have not had any thickening or growing of new hairs. Zero improvement.
I'll report back later.
 03/05/2014 04:07 PM

Author Icon
user73
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: nyccc

CHeck out my webpage I document it. Short answer is no regrowth yet but improved the quality of my hair greatly, far less fallout in shower, grows faster. If there is going to be actual re-growth, I'd say it will happen in the next 10 weeks or so. Otherwise it is just a good product for overall health.

I use it 3x pe week, and for as long as an hour. I try to keep it on the thinning-est areas about 8-10 minutes, the other areas 2-5. That is about 2x what Aculas recommends in their brochure, but that is for 3joules, and my understanding is that 3-6joules are recommended for hairloss so I went the upper range.

Look at it this way; in the spas you sit under a helmet for 20-30 minutes so each area is getting that amount of time. Guessing those are 100mw lasers so seems to me 8-10 mins is a good compromise.

Hi NYCCC

I have an important question to you: Here and in another thread you wrote, that it improved your hairs "quality" tremendously. I dont know how to send a private message, so I hope you find my question here:

What exactly do you mean "quality": DID THE HAIRS GROW THICKER? Or have they been brittle before, and now not any more?

(I experience that along the recding hairline hairs get thinner and thinner (and therefore shorter as well) till they vanish. Thus the hairline recedes step by step. THEREFORE I AM LOOKING FOR A TREATMENT THAT MAKES MY THIN HAIRS GROWING THICKER AND KEEPS MY NORMAL HAIRS FROM GROWING THINNER IN THE FUTURE. Finasterid I do not like. Today a doctor surprised me and kind of talked me into buying a Hairmax Professional from his office -- but I don't know if I shall keep it that thing or bring it right away back tomorrow.)
 03/05/2014 04:19 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

You're replying to someone who wrote a message 6 years ago. Do you honestly expect him to still be around to answer you?

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 03/05/2014 04:36 PM

Author Icon
gtom
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Farrel

You're replying to someone who wrote a message 6 years ago. Do you honestly expect him to still be around to answer you?

LMAO

Current regimen:

T(r)opical monkey piss 3x ED
 03/05/2014 04:51 PM

Author Icon
user73
Occasional Poster

Hope that he gets notified and is kind to reply
Unfortunately I do not see a Send A Private Message button.
 03/05/2014 04:52 PM

Author Icon
ohlsson
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: gtom

LMAO

hes probably been waiting on his computer since 2008. hes probably jumping up and down now shouting 'yes!!! someone's replied to my post!
 03/05/2014 05:02 PM

Author Icon
user73
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: ohlsson

LMAO

hes probably been waiting on his computer since 2008. hes probably jumping up and down now shouting 'yes!!! someone's replied to my post!

Do you not know about subscribing to a topic?

I am in a hurry therefore I do *unfortunately* not have the time to do further researches. And I don't find a Send A Private Message button.

Edited: 03/06/2014 at 03:31 PM by user73
 03/05/2014 05:05 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

You're wasting your time bumping these old threads. There is no private messaging here and the original poster is not going to be notified unless he subscribed to the thread.

Why don't you just create a new thread and I will archive these 6 year old threads you keep replying to.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 03/05/2014 05:12 PM

Author Icon
gtom
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: user73

If there was a private massage option, I would be abusing it and hammering FrozenFish with hundreds of private messages every day. So it's better this way.

*sigh*

Current regimen:

03/05/2014 05:14 PM

Author Icon
ohlsson
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: user73

If there was a private massage option, I would be abusing it and hammering FrozenFish with hundreds of private messages every day. So it's better this way.

*sigh*

Holy shit! Gtom imagine the amount of private messages from ryukil!

not having the option to private message is evil, but because of Ryuki, its a necessary evil!
 03/05/2014 05:15 PM

Author Icon
gtom
Accomplished Poster

Oh dear, did I write massage instead of message? What a typo.

Current regimen:

03/05/2014 05:17 PM

Author Icon
gtom
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ohlsson

Holy shit! Gtom imagine the amount of private messages from ryukil!

not having the option to private message is evil, but because of Ryuki, its a necessary evil!

LMAO

Current regimen:

03/06/2014 03:24 PM

Author Icon
user73
Occasional Poster

You're wasting your time bumping these old threads. [IMG][/IMG] There is no private messaging here and the original poster is not going to be notified unless he subscribed to the thread.

Why don't you just create a new thread and I will archive these 6 year old threads you keep replying to.

Ok, thank you Farrel for the informations and your suggestion.
Let's do it this way.

P.S. In the help section two ways are described to send a private message. Is this information outdated and therfore both ways disabled now?

Edited: 03/06/2014 at 03:35 PM by user73
Statistics
32053 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 659 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 665 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc