hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: which is the best shampoo for MPB
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/02/2007 07:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/08/2007 02:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chgchksg
Regular Poster

http://www.ntuchealthmart.com.sg/Product.asp?ProdN=PRO01A-96
this the porduct I say of..any one use it before?
Nizoral is presribe medicine?

-------------------------
baldmanunited.blogspot.com
 12/08/2007 04:57 AM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: neutron
Anybody ever had any results using Nano shampoo?

Nano Shampoo rotated with a shampoo containing PO has helped me the most. Combine that with Prox-N and you have the best hairloss treatment in my opinion. My shedding has totally stopped now and I have tons of new hair coming in. Nizoral didn`t do squat for me and actually made my hair worst.
 12/08/2007 07:08 AM

Author Icon
neutron
Accomplished Poster

Butch...this Piroctone Olamine Shampoo...who carries this stuff...also do you find it in any way irritating to the scalp? what exactly is the benefit of this shampoo?
 12/08/2007 11:22 AM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: neutron
Butch...this Piroctone Olamine Shampoo...who carries this stuff...also do you find it in any way irritating to the scalp? what exactly is the benefit of this shampoo?

I use a shampoo from Spain called SES Kavel which has PO in it. They make several types I believe, check out the one for dandruff which is the one containing the PO, make sure it says that it contains PO. I ordered quite a while ago from a place called skincareisus.com or you can do a search for SES Kavel. Back then the price was $17.00 a bottle, now it looks like the price went up to $21.00 , quite expensive but a bottle lasts a long time, esp. if you use a cheap shampoo first to cut the dirt and oil in your hair. PO shampoos help with inflammation ans this particular one is very mild, helped me out a-lot when my scalp was itchy and inflamed.
 12/08/2007 02:06 PM

Author Icon
italianguy
Accomplished Poster

SES Kavel Shampoo with Piroctone Olanimine is hands down my favorite shampoo for AGA or SD . This stuff blows 2% Keto off the highway its so good ...

It scares me to think of what price I would be willing to pay for it .... I have severe SD along with AGA

Thanks for the web site that sells it !
 12/08/2007 02:26 PM

Author Icon
paul_h
Occasional Poster

Hi italianguy and Butch54,

Do you use the SES "oily hair dandruff" or "anti-dandruff" shampoo?

Thanks,

Paul

12/08/2007 06:12 PM

Author Icon
goulou
Prolific Poster

nizoral is the only shampoo to have a quite big scientific background.
There's been many studies, showing it definitely helps with hairloss.
I haven't seen any other shampoo with that background.
Search a bit you'll see...
 12/08/2007 06:43 PM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

Paul,

My bottle only says anti-dandruff shampoo and that it contains PO.

goulou,

Myself along with many others on this forum have tried Nizoral without success. Who the hell cares about the "studies" if it dosen`t help us ??
 12/08/2007 07:20 PM

Author Icon
italianguy
Accomplished Poster

my SES Kavel shampoo says oily hair dandruff formula.

If you want covenience and speed to buy piroctone olanimine shampoo , the body shop stores in the US ( a UK company ) sells a ginger anti dandruff shampoo with piroctone olanimine .

I think the SES formula is VERY well worth the time and effort to acquire it.

And YES there are studies showing that PO is even slightly better than Keto for AGA hair loss !

If you have serious SD, Piroctone Olanimine is an absolute godsend. Its effectiveness rivals steroid foams in controlling SD and it has the same Keto like effect of dulling the androgen receptors ( my opinion )

I have severe SD and AGA, I would choose PO ahead of Propecia if I could only pick one !! I am NOT kidding !!
 12/09/2007 03:36 AM

Author Icon
Pete
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: italianguy
my SES Kavel shampoo says oily hair dandruff formula.

If you want covenience and speed to buy piroctone olanimine shampoo , the body shop stores in the US ( a UK company ) sells a ginger anti dandruff shampoo with piroctone olanimine .

I think the SES formula is VERY well worth the time and effort to acquire it.

And YES there are studies showing that PO is even slightly better than Keto for AGA hair loss !

If you have serious SD, Piroctone Olanimine is an absolute godsend. Its effectiveness rivals steroid foams in controlling SD and it has the same Keto like effect of dulling the androgen receptors ( my opinion )

I have severe SD and AGA, I would choose PO ahead of Propecia if I could only pick one !! I am NOT kidding !!

PTO. I was one of the first to rave about it!

Regards
Pete
 12/09/2007 08:46 AM

Author Icon
goulou
Prolific Poster

Butch, I don't think there's any shampoo that gives results that can really be seen...

Many hairloss treatments don't have huge effect, so that it is almost impossible to see if it works or not.

That's why I'm basing my keto use on the studies...
 12/09/2007 01:32 PM

Author Icon
jk1
Prolific Poster

100% correct goulou. ketconazole has many studies. and the most recent one form japan is the most compelling. As they said it has 3 modes of hair growth action. and one of them was by supressing the androgen receceptor. another antimicrobial. and another they dont know. no other topical we know does all this.

so even though PTO seems good, we have no eveidence of whatit does and how its better than nizoral

12/09/2007 03:40 PM

Author Icon
Don Johnson Jr
Regular Poster

Nizoral 1% was kicking my hairs ass. I used it every other day for 2 months. It took on a very unmanageale texture and it seemed thinner. I said " the hell with this crap". I said the same thing after using minoxidil.
 12/09/2007 07:26 PM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: goulou
Butch, I don't think there's any shampoo that gives results that can really be seen...

Many hairloss treatments don't have huge effect, so that it is almost impossible to see if it works or not.

And i`m basing my PO use on experience that I have had and also studies that I have seen stating how PO increases follicle size. I used Nizoral for a while, I did nothing but shed on the dang stuff and my scalp was so red and inflamed that I had to stop using it. When I used a PO based shampoo, my hairloss subsided and my scalp condition improved. So, my question is this. Would you continue to use a shampoo which makes your hair fall out and irritate your scalp simply because a study said it should help ? To each his own, you use what helps you and i`ll use what helps me. And if other want to know what has helped me, i`ll tell them the truth.

PS I think Dr. Proctor would disagree with your statement that there isn`t a shampoo that gives results that can be seen. His Nano Shampoo along with Prox-N have helped me quite a bit.

Edited: 12/09/2007 at 07:29 PM by Butch54
 12/09/2007 07:59 PM

Author Icon
MikeYan1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Don Johnson Jr
Nizoral 1% was kicking my hairs ass. I used it every other day for 2 months. It took on a very unmanageale texture and it seemed thinner. I said " the hell with this crap". I said the same thing after using minoxidil.

And that is why hairloss owns you.

Stick with treatments.
 12/09/2007 08:01 PM

Author Icon
MikeYan1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Butch54

Originally posted by: goulou

And i`m basing my PO use on experience that I have had and also studies that I have seen stating how PO increases follicle size. I used Nizoral for a while, I did nothing but shed on the dang stuff and my scalp was so red and inflamed that I had to stop using it. When I used a PO based shampoo, my hairloss subsided and my scalp condition improved. So, my question is this. Would you continue to use a shampoo which makes your hair fall out and irritate your scalp simply because a study said it should help ? To each his own, you use what helps you and i`ll use what helps me. And if other want to know what has helped me, i`ll tell them the truth.

PS I think Dr. Proctor would disagree with your statement that there isn`t a shampoo that gives results that can be seen. His Nano Shampoo along with Prox-N have helped me quite a bit.
Not just one study, there have been SEVERAL studies that I can quote or your can see from the search function. From the top of my head, about 5 different studies proving it combats hairloss.

12/10/2007 03:54 AM

Author Icon
jk1
Prolific Poster

Don johnson

Yes using nizoral every 2 days is 2 harsh for the hair and scalp long term. Not becuase it damages the follicles . but becuase it dries out the hair too much and the hair is left dry thin and lifeless.

So i onluy used it every 3 days before.

Now i am using a milder keto shampoo revita.. but i must say i think in the last 6 months of switching from nizoral 1% my hair does seem ta have gotten a lot worse !

So i will be trying a new keto shampoo called Keto Oil from italy, and i am also using keto Mouse in between days as a topical. This does not dry out my hair in any way but i dont want to use it daily due to the other ingredients it has. so until Extina topical becomes available i may even try noziral cream. in the japan study they used the cream daily for 6 months with very good growth photos.

I have been using keto products for 10 years as my only main active ingredient, and it has slowed the loss. But not stopped it . So that why i think Extina used daily would be the best option. Maybe using a PTO shampoo.

12/10/2007 08:20 PM

Author Icon
chgchksg
Regular Poster

So how much for Nizoral?
How much for Nano SHampoo?

I have get to know you can not use Nizoral everyday..so what shampoo for the day without Nizoral?

12/15/2007 12:09 AM

Author Icon
chgchksg
Regular Poster

how much nizoral..
how much nano shampoo?

12/15/2007 10:09 AM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

" Not just one study, there have been SEVERAL studies that I can quote or your can see from the search function. From the top of my head, about 5 different studies proving it combats hairloss. "

So what ? PO has studies also which state that it helps people with hairloss, that`s why many of us use it, plus we have found that it helps us. Now answer my question. Would you continue to use a shampoo which makes your hair fall out and irritate your scalp simply because a study said it should help ? I think the answer is obvious huh ?
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » which is the best shampoo for MPB

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
32246 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 529 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 534 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc