hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: Rubbing hand nails together a cure for baldness?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/01/2007 10:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/02/2007 10:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EAZYE
Prolific Poster

Everybody is laughing at this ,including me , but I bet everyone of you tried it for at least 10 seconds. Well at least I did
 12/05/2007 04:24 PM

Author Icon
Ripley Bogle
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: EAZYE
Everybody is laughing at this ,including me , but I bet everyone of you tried it for at least 10 seconds. Well at least I did

Yup, tried it. I heard of this one a while back - dunno about my hair but it set my heart racing for some reason.

Another old theory - sit while urinating, rather than standing. My Uncle gave me that tip and he has a full head of hair.
 12/05/2007 05:29 PM

Author Icon
deano
Accomplished Poster

Ha ha, that rumor would undoubtably have been started by a woman!
They hate it when men stand and pee. (Pee everywhere!)
 12/05/2007 07:31 PM

Author Icon
HairIsTooThin
Accomplished Poster

I'll try. LOL
How exactly to rub?
 12/10/2007 07:09 AM

Author Icon
Beach Man
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: beatb
I have read on a few websites that actually rubbing your hand nails against each other for 5/7 minutes twice a day can seriously after a few month cause hair to regrow. Can this really be right? It is on a few websites if you google the term rubbing nails together to cure balness it comes up with a few results. It seems to be part of a indian sort of practice apparently. This would be astounding if this is true but is it? Please look into this and respond we need to know if there is any honesty in this. Take care beatb

In her book entitled, HAND REFLEXOLOGY - Key to Perfect Health (Parker Publishing Company, Inc. - West Nyack, New York, 1975, Hardcover), author Mildred Carter devotes Chapter 36, entitled How to Stop Falling Hair with Reflexology, to describing the method of briskly rubbing or buffing the fingernails of one hand in an up and down motion against the fingernails of the other hand in order to both prevent hairloss and the graying of hair from ever occurring and to reverse baldness and restore natural hair color when either condition (baldness and/or gray hair) has already occurred. She attributes her knowledge of the method to one late Dr. Joe Shelby Riley, and states that in order to grow a beautiful new head of hair, even though you are currently bald, you should do it for five minutes at least three times a day. If still young and hairy and simply interested in preventing baldness and gray hair, just twice a day - morning and night - will suffice. Although she doesn't mention the word, "visualize", she does state that as you do it you should keep in mind what you wish to accomplish and concentrate on it. As far as a timeline goes, she simply states that if you're balding and are faithful to the practice, in a few weeks your hairloss will cease. She relates that the author of the system (unclear as to whether or not it was Dr. Riley; she learned about it from him) was bald and that both his father and grandfather were bald (apparent MPB), and quotes him as stating that after starting the exercises his head soon began to exhibit fuzz and that the hair then bagan to grow so that in his 70's he had a full head of hair. She states that the method has helped thousands of people to prevent or reverse both graying (more women, of course, than men regarding the graying) and/or balding. She also explains the healing mechanism involved, stimulating the nerves in the nail beds, building up and restoring the entire nerve force of the body, its electrical nature, etc., which is what reflexology is about. You can find a number of books on the topic (of reflexology) in most large bookstores, and just possibly a reprint in paperback of this one. It was very popular in the '70's!
 12/10/2007 08:01 AM

Author Icon
masculineyourheart
Occasional Poster

genius!
 12/10/2007 08:25 AM

Author Icon
Someday
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: HairIsTooThin
I'll try. LOL

How exactly to rub?

Hehe yeah i want to, how do you rub? i find it hard to rub them...at least we know acupressure and reflexology excist and works so i woulden't directly assume this to be fails.
 12/11/2007 09:15 AM

Author Icon
YoungAsian
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Someday

Originally posted by: HairIsTooThin
I'll try. LOL

How exactly to rub?

Hehe yeah i want to, how do you rub? i find it hard to rub them...at least we know acupressure and reflexology excist and works so i woulden't directly assume this to be fails.

Just like how you would scratch your nails with your nails... I do that everyday...just a little i confess...
 12/11/2007 09:31 AM

Author Icon
j87x
Prolific Poster

i heard that waxing your head or ripping your hair out will make it come back thicker. seriously. at first it might not grow back but keep waxing it and wait 6 - 12 months it will all grow back thicker trust me
 12/11/2007 10:20 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Its actually the opposite. Women who wax get fewer and fewer hairs over time. Its called traction alopecia and its caused by ripping hair from the hair follicles.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 12/11/2007 11:29 AM

Author Icon
William the Bloody
Prolific Poster

Yup, tried it. I heard of this one a while back - dunno about my hair but it set my heart racing for some reason.

Probably had something to do with reflexology and accupressure points...

12/15/2007 06:49 PM

Author Icon
Radiohead
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Beach Man

Originally posted by: beatb
I have read on a few websites that actually rubbing your hand nails against each other for 5/7 minutes twice a day can seriously after a few month cause hair to regrow. Can this really be right? It is on a few websites if you google the term rubbing nails together to cure balness it comes up with a few results. It seems to be part of a indian sort of practice apparently. This would be astounding if this is true but is it? Please look into this and respond we need to know if there is any honesty in this. Take care beatb

In her book entitled, HAND REFLEXOLOGY - Key to Perfect Health (Parker Publishing Company, Inc. - West Nyack, New York, 1975, Hardcover), author Mildred Carter devotes Chapter 36, entitled How to Stop Falling Hair with Reflexology, to describing the method of briskly rubbing or buffing the fingernails of one hand in an up and down motion against the fingernails of the other hand in order to both prevent hairloss and the graying of hair from ever occurring and to reverse baldness and restore natural hair color when either condition (baldness and/or gray hair) has already occurred. She attributes her knowledge of the method to one late Dr. Joe Shelby Riley, and states that in order to grow a beautiful new head of hair, even though you are currently bald, you should do it for five minutes at least three times a day. If still young and hairy and simply interested in preventing baldness and gray hair, just twice a day - morning and night - will suffice. Although she doesn't mention the word, "visualize", she does state that as you do it you should keep in mind what you wish to accomplish and concentrate on it. As far as a timeline goes, she simply states that if you're balding and are faithful to the practice, in a few weeks your hairloss will cease. She relates that the author of the system (unclear as to whether or not it was Dr. Riley; she learned about it from him) was bald and that both his father and grandfather were bald (apparent MPB), and quotes him as stating that after starting the exercises his head soon began to exhibit fuzz and that the hair then bagan to grow so that in his 70's he had a full head of hair. She states that the method has helped thousands of people to prevent or reverse both graying (more women, of course, than men regarding the graying) and/or balding. She also explains the healing mechanism involved, stimulating the nerves in the nail beds, building up and restoring the entire nerve force of the body, its electrical nature, etc., which is what reflexology is about. You can find a number of books on the topic (of reflexology) in most large bookstores, and just possibly a reprint in paperback of this one. It was very popular in the '70's!

I don't know man......................what if you're wearing a mood ring? Would you grow more hair on that side?

Please let me know because discarded 70's remedies should always be resurrected for a lot of money since they didn't work 30 years ago.

09/27/2009 11:22 AM

Author Icon
nicky1990
Prolific Poster

seems balayam has been discussed before.... not as seriously as now
 09/27/2009 11:50 AM

Author Icon
majorsixth
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: nicky1990

seems balayam has been discussed before.... not as seriously as now

Yeah copy rights
 10/05/2009 08:02 PM

Author Icon
goten574
Regular Poster

This is about the 30th thread I've read now about fingernail rubbing and hair from what I can find on the Internet.
 10/06/2009 01:39 AM

Author Icon
siko232
Accomplished Poster

I only wish it will make my ____ grow longer, then it will be like two miracle cure in one shot.

the answer lies at the bottom of your nails, it will be painfull but whats the gain withought pain.... sarcasm...
 10/07/2009 01:04 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

What happens if you rub your cok instead?

I don't think that will work, I suspect that one might have been tried already

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas

10/08/2009 06:53 AM

Author Icon
Patrick_Bateman
Prolific Poster

Did the big Balayam thread get deleted?
 10/08/2009 06:54 AM

Author Icon
Patrick_Bateman
Prolific Poster

Nvm, I see it got moved
Statistics
32262 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 943 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 951 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc