hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any Avodart users still in the game?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/24/2007 11:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 12 13 14 15 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/26/2015 12:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Chandler Bing
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ChemicalBrother

while I pop Dut every day too ... it seems WAY too much ...

I went to Dr Feriduni for a consult , and he couldn't even believe I really popped .5mg of dut every single day ... telling me "that that made no sense whatsoever" ...

If you really want Dut's power against 5ar then you need to take it daily.

EOD or 1x weekly won't inhibit a great deal more than Fin.

-------------------------
--DISCLAIMER--
I am not actually Chandler Bing. Any humurous anecdotes, jokes, or advice that resembles the fictional character "Chandler Bing" is purely coincidental.
 12/15/2015 07:33 AM

Author Icon
uncle
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: uncle

Sadly nothing to report as of yet.

Although it's only been 2 1/2 months for me. Also I'm only taking it once every 10 days, so I've taken 10 pills in total so far since the start of January. Perhaps from June-Sept onwards will be a good time for me to gauge any possible results?

Thankfully though I haven't experienced any side effects (not that I'm aware of anyway) so this is an obvious plus so far.

Well it's been almost a year since I began my Duta trial. I have maintained the above dosage and timeframe since I began. Sadly I can't really report on any visual success whatsoever.

Although this isn't to say it hasn't worked at all. Perhaps it's doing a better job at maintaining what I do have better than if I were just taking Propecia.

Thankfully I haven't experienced any side effects - again, not that I'm aware of. So based on this I have decided to continue with this trial, albeit at a more frequent rate come January (the year anniversary). So I will start taking it once a week, as opposed to every 10 days.

Regardless of the outcome in a years time, I won't be taking it more frequent than once a week; and I'm not even going to consider upping the dosage.

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow!
 12/15/2015 06:00 PM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Uncle, thanks for the update. I gave up on Dut. It was giving me gyno. Fortunately, I am able to tolerate Lipogaine. I am getting some improvement with it. With my situation, Propecia along with Lipogaine seems to be doing the trick. I also still use Proxiphen too.
 12/16/2015 06:09 AM

Author Icon
uncle
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: hungrylikethewolf

Uncle, thanks for the update. I gave up on Dut. It was giving me gyno. Fortunately, I am able to tolerate Lipogaine.

Side effects were the exact reasoning for my dosing schedule. It's always best (in my opinion) to start low and work upwards.

I really want to keep my hair, and add some more if I can. Although I'm not prepared to jeopardise my overall well being. Life's too short and I'd rather have thinning hair than a host of other self induced health problems.

Good luck with the Lipogaine. Perhaps give us some updates in this thread from time to time?

12/16/2015 01:36 PM

Author Icon
JWM
Accomplished Poster

HLTW,

Why Lipogaine?
 12/16/2015 07:49 PM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: JWM

HLTW,

Why Lipogaine?

Hey JWM, I read your other post about Lipogaine first so I responded there. Just saw this one after. I remember using it and doing fine with it. I like the control of the dropper too as it precisely tells you how much you use. Cosmetically it dries quick and the company claims it works better than standard minoxidil.

If you take a look at all the success stories, most have one thing in common. It always involves the combo of fin and minoxidil. I remember my best regrowth was always with both but the sides made me stop.

I hated the fact that I was missing out so I had to experiment with different minoxidils until I found one that be the most effective and at the same have the least amount of sides. I retried Lipogaine and I can tweak the exact amount I need to reduce the sides and still get results. Supposedly Lipogaine has been penetration than standard minoxidil. Who knows? I guess trial and error is what you do until you find a combo that works. Min Agent just did not do it for me. The foam cause too much shedding and was hard to control the precise amount. And the foam gets on my hair where as the dropper is much easier to use.
 06/20/2016 10:43 AM

Author Icon
uncle
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: uncle

Originally posted by: hungrylikethewolf

Uncle, thanks for the update. I gave up on Dut. It was giving me gyno. Fortunately, I am able to tolerate Lipogaine.

Side effects were the exact reasoning for my dosing schedule. It's always best (in my opinion) to start low and work upwards.

I really want to keep my hair, and add some more if I can. Although I'm not prepared to jeopardise my overall well being. Life's too short and I'd rather have thinning hair than a host of other self induced health problems.

Good luck with the Lipogaine. Perhaps give us some updates in this thread from time to time?

I thought I'd give another six month update on my Duta trial. Once again I can't say that I've had any real success that I have noticed since last December.

Thankfully I haven't had any major sides, and the only real side effect that I noticed was right at the beginning, which was a mild erectile side effect that soon passed after a week or so.

Maybe if I increased the frequency of taking it I might have better results, but I'm not prepared to do that. So I'll see this year out on Duta, then wean myself off of it.

01/14/2017 08:48 AM

Author Icon
uncle
Accomplished Poster

My final six month update, and my two year overall update on Duta. I can't say that I've had any success with my trial over the past two years, although I'm certainly happy that I gave it a shot.

Perhaps if I'd increased to dose and frequency I may of had better results, although the flip side to that may of been some unwanted side effects. So I have decided to wean myself of off Duta over the coming months, then stop completely by March.

01/14/2017 11:01 AM

Author Icon
EmoMemeDaddy420
Occasional Poster

Any chance in hair or did it just slowly keep getting worse?

Finasteride - 1.25 mg daily
Minoxidil 5% 1-2 times a day
Ketoconazole - Once every 3 days
Dermarolling 1.5 mm - Once a week
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Any Avodart users still in the game?

<< 12 13 14 15 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36173 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 395 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 396 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc