hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ROGAINE FOAM - SURVEY OF RESULTS SO FAR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/14/2007 10:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/16/2007 02:15 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mojave
Regular Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 7

Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice initially, now once (AM after washing)

Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ All over NW area

Crown results......................................................................................................... Much, much thicker (although has been combined with fin)

Hairline results:....................................................................................................... No change (always had good hairline)

Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Indifferent

Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... Yes, at month 4. Weak thin hair fell out, did not worry me at all.

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. No

Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... No

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Tangle yes, no loss though.

Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ See profile

Any other comments............................................................................................... I'm combining fin and foam, so these results can't be attributed to foam alone.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Kirkland, briefly (but gave up - took nothing for 3 months before starting foam)

How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. About two/three months

Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Twice

Crown results.......................................................................................................... None, maybe thinner

Hairline results:....................................................................................................... None

Any other comments............................................................................................... It was awful!

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... 1mg/Day, 7 months

Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Tried it, but it seems my scalp isn't compatible!

05/16/2007 05:47 AM

Author Icon
jk1
Prolific Poster

Sorry to sidetrack this thread slightly, but i wanted to say good idea chrome. I think something like this should be done for all new productsd that we commnence using. So we can collate valuable information and do our own research. Sort of like a mini clinical trial of forum memeber. Then collate/analyse all the results in 6months and 12 months etc .

I think these forums can be a lot more valuable and useful if we start doing this from now on. But we must keep in mind external factors that can influence these results.
 05/16/2007 07:17 AM

Author Icon
Blur
Occasional Poster

Great Idea! Maybe this should become a regular sort of thing, a quarterly report if you will! haha every three months? anyways...

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 1.5
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ try twice, doesnt always work, average 10 a week
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ both
Crown results......................................................................................................... NA
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... NA
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Yes, thickening effect for sure
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... well, its still early to tell...but i havent noticed anything CONSIDERABLE... after the way i hear some guys complain about their sheds, i'd definitely say I havent experienced that???

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. not that i've noticed no??
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... i've noticed that the skin on my forehead has been a bit dry at times yes...but nothing substantial
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... i dont brush
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ not exactly.. i have fairly recent photos, but i should definitely get on that eh?
Any other comments............................................................................................... just trying to remain optimistic...

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. i tried the old oily stuff when i was 17, when i had A LOT of hair still, and couldnt stand the way it made my hair look, nor could i maintain the applicaiton
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 3 months
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. once
Crown results.......................................................................................................... na
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... na
Any other comments...............................................................................................

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... i used it for about one year, recommended dosage?(forget exactly, one a day?) had to stop because of gyno, which, when i get around to it is going to cost me money to have my stupid chest corrected to look like normal!
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. i use nizoral around 3 times a week, leave it on for a while, at least 5 minutes a time...have been using it for YEARS, as i have bad seb derm, and my doc gave it to me, i think, when i was about 15 years old.....and im 23.5 now.....

Any other coments................................................................................................ i never though of the corellation before, but, here is a theory? i started to lose my hair when i was 16, and i'm almost 24 now, and i'm certainly not BALD, but i;ve got a really weak hairline, and my crown is finally starting to open up (hence the starting of rogaine foam)....BUT, i have been using nizoral since i was like 15 or 16 pretty much the whole time through, although there have been long periods when i'd stop because my seb derm wasn't bad....i used rogaine for a while (probably no effect there, because of the short length of use but!) i used the hairmax lasaer comb for a couple years as well...plus propecia for about a year as well....(not to mention some herbal thing i found at a health food store, but i stopped using that when i found this forum! haha) all in all, my hairloss has been what I CONSIDER to be slow...although i am quite bald for a 24 year old (or soon to be)....but beccause i had noticable recession when i was 16, i dont think that it's been that aggressive, all things considered...now maybe it's just naturally like that, or maybe it's because i used all that shit, or a combo of both!! anyways, just my two thoughts...my hope is that by time im thirty,(6.5) years, an innovation will be introduced, and I will still have some "fairly youthful" years with my hair....or maybe i wont even care by then! haha
cheers
 05/16/2007 07:33 AM

Author Icon
Libertine
Prolific Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................4

Once or twice a day................................................................................................twice

Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................entire head

Crown results.........................................................................................................starting to see good results

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................hmm,difficult to tell,vellus from liquid minox(15months) have shed!

Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................yes

Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................yes,after one month it began,went on for about 2 months BIIIIG shed!

Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................no

Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................no

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards........no

Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................no

Any other comments...............................................................................................

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................regaine then kirkland

How long did you use this for:..............................................................................regaine for 6 months,kirkland for 8 months

Once or twice a day..............................................................................................twice

Crown results..........................................................................................................a little regrowth/reversal of minaturisation

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................tons of vellus

Any other comments...............................................................................................despite kirkland alledgedly being the same i felt i didnt get the continued results of regaine(other factors could be responsible)

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................1.25mg since october 2005-18 months

Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................2%-18 months

05/16/2007 10:13 AM

Author Icon
Anatole
Accomplished Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 6 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Once( at night)
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Hairline and crown
Crown results......................................................................................................... Crown looks full and thick, I would say good results (I think the foam has helped a bit, but I have a strong regimen)

Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Hairline continues to slowly receede
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... NO. I put a lot of foam every evening just before bed, and my hair looks greasy and then crystallised. I use 1 bottle / week

Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... I think it increased my daily loss a little bit, but most of the lost hairs seem to grow back (slow hairloss)

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. No, but I take diuretics because of Loniten
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... No
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... yes
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ See my website, I have several pics

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. No topical minox, just internal minox pills
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 2 years ( Im insane)
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. (10 then 35 and now 25 mg / day)
Crown results.......................................................................................................... Read above
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Read above

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... Yes, 1,25 mg for 4 y - 2,5 mg for 2 y - 5 mg for 2 y
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. once a week, started last november

Any other coments................................................................................................

Edited: 05/16/2007 at 10:15 AM by Anatole
 05/22/2007 10:18 AM

Author Icon
OMGmyhair
Regular Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 1.5
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ twice
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ crown/hairline
Crown results......................................................................................................... poor
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... going up!
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... meh
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... yes, still shedding
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. no
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... no
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... no
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ yes
Any other comments............................................................................................... I feel like I want to quit

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Kirkland
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 4 months
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. twice
Crown results.......................................................................................................... not sure
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... I think it was getting better
Any other comments............................................................................................... I feel like the liquid might be better than the foam

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... no
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................no

Any other coments................................................................................................ I'm not seeing people with many positive results for the foam who do not use FIN, I am starting to get worried.
 05/22/2007 10:57 AM

Author Icon
maneone22
Regular Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ off and on 5 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ originally twice, then switched to once liquid/once foam, now back to two a day for last two weaks
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Hairline only
Crown results.........................................................................................................
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... When I first used it, it was bad ass, lots of hairs growin in, real nice hairline look. Then started shedding rather quick, kinda scared switched to half and half, liquid/foam. Jumped on fin 3 weeks ago, and since then have hopped back on the foam. Seems to be growing hairs slightly, hope it continues indeffinitely
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... better than greasy look of liquid, and white pasty look when liquid dries, but I don't like how it makes some of my hairs on the hairline curl upward (real weird(
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... shed real bad on my temples (after about two months of great growth), corners of hairline, lasted till I switched back to liquid
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. YES, damn face looks real fat sometimes, seems to get somewhat better with continued use
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... yes, creates deep bags under eyes, and shitty lookin skin
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... too short to tell
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ naw, should of

I'M GETTING TIRED OF ALL THIS DAMN STRESS, THINK I'M JUST GONNA SAY F IT AND SHAVE ALL MY DAMN HAIR OFF!

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Rogain Liquid
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 2 years
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. twice
Crown results.......................................................................................................... N/A
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Real good, exept for one temple that doesn't come back down, only came down for a brief period of time when I first used the foam

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... Just started three weeks ago, 1/8th proscar, and I still kinda feel like shit
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. 1% three times a week didn't know they had a two percent, will buy when this one runs out

Any other coments................................................................................................ Love ya guys
 05/23/2007 07:01 AM

Author Icon
maneone22
Regular Poster

We need to keep this poll going
 05/23/2007 08:26 AM

Author Icon
cyman
Regular Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................8 months

Once or twice a day................................................................................................twice

Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................all over mpb area

Crown results.........................................................................................................slight thickening

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................slight thickening

Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................yes, especially since I'm going for the messy look.

Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................no

Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................maybe a little

Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................no

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....don't brush after I apply

Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................no good before pics.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................Couldn't use other minoxodil because of irritation

How long did you use this for:..............................................................................

Once or twice a day..............................................................................................

Crown results..........................................................................................................

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................yes, 1.25 mg 9 months

Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................yes, 1% 2x/day, 7 months

Any other coments................................................................................................

05/23/2007 11:46 PM

Author Icon
eijiyuki
Occasional Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 2 Months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Crown and hairline
Crown results......................................................................................................... none
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... none
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... n/a
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... Yes, recently i've been shedding like crazy. hair keeps coming out as i apply foam
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. no
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... no
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Yes
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ no
Any other comments............................................................................................... significant scary shedding

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Kirkland 5% minoxidil
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. look at sig
Crown results.......................................................................................................... n/a
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... baby hairs, but no actual regrowth
Any other comments............................................................................................... sad

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... Yes, 1mg (look at sig)
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Yes, 2% (look at sig)

Any other coments............................................................................................... Foam sucks
 05/24/2007 07:22 AM

Author Icon
Lain
Regular Poster

double post.

Edited: 06/22/2007 at 05:42 PM by Lain
 05/24/2007 07:28 AM

Author Icon
Lain
Regular Poster

found the edit button!

Almost 2 months
Twice a day religiously
Hairline
Continuing to receede, now even at a far greater pace. Strong/weak/tiny/long hairs falling out as I apply it.
I dont mind the way it makes it lool
I think Im in the middle of a shed.
Yes, but it started with liquid minox (or maybe im getting fat)
Scalp/skin seems fine
I dont brush my hair.
Yes took pics
No comments

HairAGain brand
5ish months
Twice religiously
Hairline continued to deteriorate at faster pace than before. Tiny amount of regrowth.

6months 1mg.
6months once a week.
Dont really like using Nizoral.

Edited: 06/22/2007 at 05:42 PM by Lain
 05/24/2007 08:22 AM

Author Icon
Aplunk1
Prolific Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ About 8.
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice.
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Hairline, Anterior, Crown... All MPB areas.
Crown results......................................................................................................... Maintenance.
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Some regrowth.
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Yes.
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... No.
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. No.
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... Makes the scalp dry, with some buildup.
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Yes.
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ Yes, refer to my HLH website.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Yes, generic minoxidil and regular Rogaine.
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. About 1.5 years.
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Twice.
Crown results.......................................................................................................... Great regrowth.
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Great regrowth.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... Finasteride and Avodart... about 2.5 years in total.
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. I used to use more frequently, but I now use Head and Shoulders.
 05/25/2007 08:07 AM

Author Icon
cinzano
Occasional Poster

05/25/2007 08:08 AM

Author Icon
cinzano
Occasional Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 6
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ 2
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ all
Crown results........................................................................................................ maintained
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... receeded
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... no
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... a minor shed around 3 months
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... no
Did you take any before/after pics:..................................................................... no...

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. yes rogaine 5%
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 10 years
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. 2
Crown results.......................................................................................................... filled in
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... maintained

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... yes / 10 years
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. yes / 5 years

06/03/2007 09:54 PM

Author Icon
element676
Accomplished Poster

i notice alot of people who have been on rogaine less than 6 months seem to be much worse . where as people who have been on it for more than 6 months seem to mostly have at least some postive results.
Another idea. Could posters keep coming back every 2 or 3 months and give there new answers then?
great thread though
 06/03/2007 10:05 PM

Author Icon
King Midas in Reverse
Occasional Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................3
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................hairline + a small amount in crown for safety
Crown results.........................................................................................................maintained same as on liquid
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................maintained same as on liquid
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................no
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................no
Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................no
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....yes
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................no

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................yes, equate brand 5%
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................2+ years
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................twice
Crown results..........................................................................................................maintained 100% of hair
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................mild initial regrowth, 97% maintained
Any other comments...............................................................................................don't know if I would have any crown baldness yet as I began applying a drop or two to the crown area as insurance once I started with the hairline.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................no
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................yes, 1% 3x/week for two years.

06/04/2007 09:23 AM

Author Icon
lovehooterz
Regular Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ SINCE AUG. 06 (10 MONTHS--BUT, QUIT FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS, THEREFOR 8 MONTHS)
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ SOMETIMES TWICE, SOMETIMES ONCE
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ CROWN, TOP OF SCALP & HAIRLINE
Crown results......................................................................................................... MAINTAINED?
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... FOR THE FIRST 4.5 MONTHS, LOOKED GOOD, AND NOTICED REGROWTH, NOW AFTER BEING BACK ON AFTER QUITTING I SEEM TO HAVE A GOOD HAIRLINE BUT VERY VERY THIN, STILL IN SHEDDING PHASE, I HOPE?
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... NOT REALLY
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... HAVE I EVER, PSHH...FIRST 4.5 MONTHS, I SHED A LITTLE FOR ABOUT THE FIRST 2 MONTHS, THEN STOPPED, THEN AFTER I QUIT AND GOT BACK ON IVE HAD A HORRIBLE ONE THAT NOW IS JUST SLOWING DOWN, I HOPE..
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. NAH
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... SOMETIMES..
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... WHEN SHEDDING I THINK SO, CUZ ILL COMB IT WHEN WET AND APPLIED AND ILL NOTICE HAIR COMING OUT WITH THE COMB, WHEN NOT SHEDDING NOT REALLY..?
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ NO BECAUSE I KNOW THAT IF I DID ID LOOK AT IT EVERYDAY KILLING MY SELF ESTEEM, THEREFOR STRESSING, THEREFOR NOT GAINING ANYTHING..
Any other comments............................................................................................... THINKNING BACK THAT WHEN I STARTED AFTER THE FIRST FEW MONTHS I DEFINITELY NOTICED MORE THICKNESS, AND REGROWHT AND WELL, I HAVE A HAIRLINE NOW, SO I THINK IT WORKS IF ONE STAYS CONSISTANT, WATEVER U DO, DONT QUIT, TRUST ME! I GUESS IM STILL WAITING FOR REGROWTH AFTER KILLING MYSELF WHEN I QUIT DUE TO MONEY ISSUES, IM PRAYING IT GROWS BACK AND THAT ALL THIS SHEDDING IS FOR A GOOD PURPOSE IN THE END

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. NOT REALLY, I NEVER STUCK WITH IT UNTIL I NOTICED MAJOR HAIRLOSS--WHICH I WISH I WOULD HAVE STARTED BEFORE I NOTICED ANYTHING, ID PROLLY BE IN A BETTER POSITION NOW
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................
Crown results..........................................................................................................
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... YES, PROPECIA 1 MG DAILY
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. YES, 1% EVERY 2 DAYS

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. I DONT THINK SO
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... NOT REALLY

Any other coments................................................................................................ WHY ME? HAIRLOSS SUCKS, ESPECIALLY AT A YOUNG AGE, IF IT HAPPEND STARTING AT MAYBE 40'S-50'S ID BE LIKE WHATEVER BUT 20!!? I GIVE EVERYONE CREDIT FOR TRYING TO COMBAT THIS SHIT, SERIOUSLY, GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK AS TO THIS IS THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ASS EVER, MAYBE NOT AT FIRST, BUT OVERTIME U THINK U HAVE TO DO THIS STUFF EVERY NIGHT..

06/19/2007 12:22 PM

Author Icon
maneone22
Regular Poster

We need to keep this going, the most scientifically collected, scientific post on Foam yet.

Best reference anyone can ever have.

KEEP IT GOING!
 06/22/2007 10:10 AM

Author Icon
littlenervous
Prolific Poster

bummmmmmmp[
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » ROGAINE FOAM - SURVEY OF RESULTS SO FAR

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36226 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 200 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 200 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc