hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ROGAINE FOAM - SURVEY OF RESULTS SO FAR
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/14/2007 10:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2007 10:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chrome
Accomplished Poster

Hi all,

I would like to know if anyone is getting any results yet ?
I know its not been out long enough for long term results to filter through yet but would like to know your thoughts thus far.
If possible, can we keep it to the same format for answers to make it easier for us all to follow.

PLEASE DON'T CLOG UP THIS THREAD WITH DISCUSSIONS. JUST KEEP IT TO ANSWERING THE BELOW FOR EASE OF REFERENCE FOR EVEYONE.

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................
Once or twice a day................................................................................................
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................
Crown results.........................................................................................................
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................
Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................
Any other comments...............................................................................................

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................
Crown results..........................................................................................................
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................
Any other comments...............................................................................................

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................

Any other coments................................................................................................

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 12:14 AM by chrome
 05/14/2007 10:24 AM

Author Icon
chrome
Accomplished Poster

I'll kick it off:

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 5 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................Twice
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................crown + hairline
Crown results.........................................................................................................nothing
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................far,far worse.
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................yes & no. gives it a dull coating but makes it look thicker.
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................hasn't really stopped. could just be aggressive MPB.
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. yes. helped by drinking lots of water, but still get it.
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................yes, sems a little worse. am i just imagining it though ?
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....yes, all the time. very disturbing.tangled hair pulls out in brush.
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................no. don't need to. i know what my hair looks like.
Any other comments...............................................................................................its only been 5 months so far which should be around the time i should begin seeing any results. I am not very hopeful though as my hairline has been decimated and i don't see ANY hair coming in.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.........................................yes. Spectral DNC "A" version mostly, some "s" version.
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................May 06 - Dec 06. (7 months)
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................twice
Crown results..........................................................................................................none
Hairline results:.....................................................................................................none. just carried on losing,but nowhere near as fast as foam

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................yes, 18 months, 1.25mg proscar till Dec 06. 1mg Finpecia since.
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................just started using shampoo again a few weeks back...again.

Any other coments................................................................................................Really cheesed off. Nothing works anymore.

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 12:14 AM by chrome
 05/14/2007 12:19 PM

Author Icon
cloud
Regular Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. Four months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ twice (occassionally once)
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ both
Crown results......................................................................................................... shed
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... being eaten away
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... thicker but duller
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... yes
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... hmmm.. not sure abou that.. I am definitely losing from this shed though!
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ no but i know for sure it is worse

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam..................................... yes
How long did you use this for:............................................................................ one year approx..
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. twice
Crown results.......................................................................................................... good!
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... good! (but they both took only about four months to show..!)
Any other comments............................................................................................... liquid seemed to work better... the shed with the foam is lasting longer, hitting my hairline harder and taking longer to bring about regrowth. overall, im unsatisfied so far....

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................

Any other coments................................................................................................

cheers,

cloud
 05/14/2007 02:01 PM

Author Icon
dirty
Accomplished Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. Started mid Nov '06, about 6 months now
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Sometimes once sometimes 2 times. On avg 7-8 per week
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ crown and hairline
Crown results......................................................................................................... difficult to tell even with photos
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... slight thickening, but not much
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... yes
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... yes and it was nasty, went on for 3 months and I still haven't 100% recovered.
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards...... sometimes it will unless I wait for 5 minutes
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ yes plenty
Any other comments............................................................................................... Best overall look to the hair after a topical application. Does it help? Maybe not more than the rogaine I used for 10 years but the cosmetic effect after is nice.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Yes, many kinds for over 10 years, including ozbrew, Dr Lees, 2%, 5% etc.
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. see above
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. again, maybe 7-8 times per week.
Crown results.......................................................................................................... hard to tell even with photos
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... minimal but visible growth
Any other comments............................................................................................... nada

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... not anymore, haven't in over 3 years
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. occasionally, 1-2 times per week

Any other coments................................................................................................ I am 100% off all 5AR binding drugs for over 10 months, so my foam results should stand a good trial.
 05/14/2007 02:19 PM

Author Icon
dastardly
Accomplished Poster

Good idea Chrome!

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. 4.5 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Hairline / temples
Crown results......................................................................................................... Not applicable, still thick there.
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Temples gone - gone from NW2 to 3. Forelock was thick, now thin, even when dry.
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... In terms of cosmetic thickness - yes. In terms of what it's actually done - NO!!!!!!
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... MASSIVE shed! Started after 3-4 weeks. Lasted 2 months. Now had 6 weeks of nothing.
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... A little.
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ No.
Any other comments............................................................................................... I know it's early days, but I kinda wish I'd never started it.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Only a few times (Kitkland). Even 1 application made me itch really badly.
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. About a fortnight - once every other day or so. I all I could take.
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Once every two days. If that.
Crown results.......................................................................................................... N/A
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... N/A
Any other comments............................................................................................... Would never have used it regularly - too much irritation.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... 1.25 mg for 2 years. Then 4 months off cos of sides. Now .5mg every day - much better sides-wise (4.5 months)
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Yes - once a week, plus I put half a bottle in some old Revivogen shampoo (is a big bottle so is quite dilute - use most days)

Any other coments................................................................................................ I'm really not happy with the foam - I've ost so much hair in the frontal third it's untrue. Bear in mind it's taen me 6 years to go from NW1 to NW2. To get to NW3 (with thinning) in 4.5 months is really frightening. But am gonna give it a year, to see if shedding really does equal regrowth. At the moment - nothing. Not even a vellus. And the rst of my hair is looking frizzy and unhealthy. Not impressed at all....
 05/14/2007 03:05 PM

Author Icon
tdu
Accomplished Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far)..................about 3 months now
Once or twice a day................................................................................................started twice, switched to once
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................diffuse thinning, all over
Crown results.........................................................................................................nothing yet
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................nothing yet/shedding
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................I did at first, but as my hair grows a little longer I don't
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................I have been experiencing a shed since about the 1 month mark. It seems to be slowing now.
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Yes. With short hair it's not an issue, with long hair it totally is.
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ I have some before
Any other comments............................................................................................... The quick drying is great, but the 'caking' of the hair is not. It's a tough comprimise

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Dr Lee's, Kirkland
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. about 3 years
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Once
Crown results.......................................................................................................... thickening with initial use
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... ""

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... 1 mg Propecia for about 3 years, Proscar 1.25 mg every other day for about 3 years
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Yes. Every other day. 5 minutes on.

Any other coments................................................................................................ I found the Rogaine has started to dry my scalp. I added Zix to my regiment again, and it quickly solved the problem.
 05/14/2007 06:27 PM

Author Icon
Peegee
Accomplished Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. Nov./ '06 Almost six months.
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Crown/Top/Hairline
Crown results......................................................................................................... Some thickening
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Lots of new vellus hairs
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Emphatic yes!
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... I went through an initial shed in the beginning, and some again now but it hasn't affected the overall appearance of my hair so far. If anything, it just looks better overall now even with the sheds.
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Not that I've noticed.
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ Unfortunately, no.
Any other comments............................................................................................... Overall I'm extremely happy with the foam. It makes my hair look great when I use it, it dries quickly, and it seems to be giving me good results so far. I think it is the best minoxidil product I've ever used.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. I used Spectral DNC for two months prior, and Xandrox 5% and 12.5% for five years before that. Originally began with 2% Rogaine in the year 2000.
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. See above.
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Always twice a day.
Crown results.......................................................................................................... Initially shed, then held okay for a while before tapering off, prompting me to begin taking finasteride.
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Shedding and lots of vellus growth, but not much in the way of gains.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... 1.25mg of finasteride daily for five years.
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Dr. Lee's Regrowth shampoo with 2% ketoconazole

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 07:56 PM by Peegee
 05/14/2007 07:25 PM

Author Icon
FreakingOut
Accomplished Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. 6 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Varies (at least once)
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Hairline and top diffues thinning
Crown results......................................................................................................... NA
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Noticable, New Growth, Very happy
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Yes, I actually use it in the morning as a styling product now :-) It holds my hair in place the way I like it almost like hairspray and also gives it a thicker appearance!

Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... Yes for a few weeks only but made things look noticably worse for a while. Lost alot around the temples especially where I apply it most. But that is also now where I am getting great regrowth!

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Not that bad
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ No, but will soon post picks of the new growth, it is obvious new growth in my temple and hairline area where there was definately no hair before. The hairs are extremely healthy thick terminal short hairs where I used to have only fuzz.

Any other comments............................................................................................... Definately working better for me than liquid. I love it... you just need to give it time to be effective like starting minox all over again.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Dr Lees 5%
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. About 1 1/2 years
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Just once because it makes my hair look like crap. Now with the foam I can use it twice per day!

Crown results.......................................................................................................... NA
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Fuzz with a few terminal but lost again
Any other comments............................................................................................... Love the foam, think you need to stick with it for results. I almost switched back a few months ago but stuck with it since I figured if it caused a shed it must be more effective. Just took a while to kick in for me and not I think I am seeing the rewards! Many comments received from friends, family and co-workers on improvement!

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... about 18 months 1.25mg per day Fincar
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. 2-3 times per week for about a year

Any other coments................................................................................................ Since I have started treatment, my hair has improved. I have noticed the most improvement within the last couple months since about 6 months or so now on the foam. I truely believe the foam is far more effective then regular liquid minox. I think the initial shed makes it seem that it is not working or getting worse for many. Also that it takes a while to recover from this and see results. If liquid minox has worked for you at all, I am fairly confident that the foam will produce better results but you need to stick with it long enough. aAlso, something you did not have within the poll .... I receive absoloutely no irritation with the foam. With liquid (even Dr Lees -pg) I have to be careful! Also, why would it cause a shed when switching from liquid to foam unless it is more effective? Good Post Chrome!

Edited: 05/14/2007 at 07:34 PM by FreakingOut
 05/14/2007 07:33 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

8 months so far

2x a day for 6mos, 1x a day since

crown + hairline

nice crown results

no hairline results

hair styles nice

continual shedding of small, weak looking hairs

no tangling (my hair is pretty short)

no pics (not real good with computers)

results at least as good as expected

Used equate and DNC

bout a year

sometimes once, sometimes twice

tremendous crown results on equate, DNC ?

hairline...nope

DNC gave me some nasty chest pains (at suggested dosage)

No fin ever

Nizoral 2 - 3x a week

Foam is a very good user freindly product that will provide satisfactory results over time
 05/14/2007 07:42 PM

Author Icon
harper22
Regular Poster

This is cool. When did that product come on the market? I do use the liquid form and I totally hate it. I find it a pain to apply and I hate the greasy look of the hair. So you agree that it is quite easy to use?
 05/14/2007 09:27 PM

Author Icon
Harry Balls
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: chrome
Hi all,

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. I dunno 6

Once or twice a day................................................................................................ at first 2x, then 1x at night and Lee's in the AM

Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Both

Crown results......................................................................................................... WTF

Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Very good!

Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... No, it looked dull and was causing breakage

Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... yes, intense shedding left hair looking very thin

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... it caused breakage so i cut back to nighttime only use

Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ Yes

Any other comments............................................................................................... Yes my hairline is catching up to Socks. But my crown...WTF?

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. Yes. Equate, kirkland, Dr Lee's

How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. On and off since 93. Have been using it for over 2 1/2 years strait this time.

Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. Twice

Crown results.......................................................................................................... Very good

Hairline results:....................................................................................................... some improvement, mostly center of the forelock

Any other comments............................................................................................... I used with retin-a. I get significantly better results with it. My hair seems to really take root when i use the shit.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... 1.25 mg 2.5 mg

Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Dr Lee's shampoo, I think it helps

copper peptides used after retin-a

-------------------------
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Harry%20Balls/

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 01:51 PM by Harry Balls
 05/14/2007 10:40 PM

Author Icon
SpicnSpan
Prolific Poster

When did you start using the Foam. (How many months so far).................. 6 mo
Once or twice a day................................................................................................2x per day
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ entire top of head
Crown results......................................................................................................... diffuse loss increased
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... diffuse loss increased
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... Not much hair left anywhere
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... 1-2 month mark I had a lot of hair fall out (none of which grew back)
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... hair is shaved to a #2
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ yes
Any other comments............................................................................................... So much hair shed during this 6 mo, that I must have had some of it regrow, but it hs grown back thinner and weaker. People have commented that I'm balding since being 3+ mo into the foam. Before using foam, people never noticed any hair loss, with my hair shaved short. The foam has been disaterous for me.

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. brand name minox
How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 5 mo
Once or twice a day.............................................................................................. 1x per day
Crown results.......................................................................................................... minor diffuse loss
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... minor diffuse loss
Any other comments............................................................................................... I never noticed any regrowth with the liquid. Perhaps slight increased loss after applying liquid for 3 months, but not so much that I could be sure the continued loss was caused by the minox. The increased hair loss from using the foam is undeniable, and pictures can prove it.

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... no
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. 3x per week in winter, 2x per week in summer
 05/15/2007 12:19 AM

Author Icon
chrome
Accomplished Poster

Just added 2 extra questions to the original post. Have seen many poeople comment on these 2 so thought it would be a good idea to add them in the original post (if already posted). :0)

Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................

Keep the replies coming. This is very informative. Thanks to everyone for replying. This is proving very useful.

Please don't add any discussions here and just keep it to the survey posts. (i know i just did it myself but it was only to add those 2 questions to the survey). Thats my last post on this thread.

PLEASE DON'T CLOG UP THIS THREAD WITH DISCUSSIONS. JUST KEEP IT TO ANSWERING THE SURVEY FOR EASE OF REFERENCE FOR EVEYONE.

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 03:17 AM by chrome
 05/15/2007 02:16 AM

Author Icon
Gollum
Occasional Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................About 5
Once or twice a day................................................................................................Once a day at night
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................Temples only
Crown results.........................................................................................................n/a
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................Its jackin up my hairline
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................No, it leaves a white residue on scalp which looks shitty
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................Yes, I still havent recovered from it
Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................I thought I was but I realized I was just gaining weight, facial puffiness is there but minimal now
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................Yes, I think it increased the dryness of my already dry skin, causing wrinkles! Im only 24
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....No
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................No
Any other comments...............................................................................................I thought Rogaine was causing facial puffiness, but realized it was due to a bad diet, I started doing hella cardio and eating lots of protein and little carbs... Lost about 10 lbs in 3 months and now my face is slim again and I have a six pack haha

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................Rogaine and Dr. Lees 5%
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................2 years
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................Once at night
Crown results..........................................................................................................n/a
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................A little regrowth at first and then very slow decay
Any other comments...............................................................................................Seems like I shed when I started using Foam and I havent recovered yet

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................1 mg/day for 2 years and 2 months
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................I use Revita 5 times a week leave it in for about 5 minutes each time

Any other coments................................................................................................ I hate hairloss
 05/15/2007 03:12 AM

Author Icon
dastardly
Accomplished Poster

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. Yes - lots. I'm lean but have the face of a 300 pound man.
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... No. Always had greasy skin, even on Fin. If anything my skin is better.

05/15/2007 04:20 AM

Author Icon
tdu
Accomplished Poster

Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. I was originally, but too a tip I read on here to not apply with a wet scalp. Not sure why but it helped.
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... No problems there.

My biggest side effect concern so far is that I seem to be seeing an increase in body hair. That is a main reason I cut back to 1x a day. Anyone else seeing similar problems?
 05/15/2007 09:49 AM

Author Icon
Greece
Accomplished Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................just 3 months
Once or twice a day................................................................................................Once at morning + my homemade 5% solution at night
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................Both
Crown results.........................................................................................................No significant change
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................No significant change
Do you like the way it makes your hair look......................................................Absolutely
Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................No
Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................No
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................No
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....No
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................Yes
Any other comments...............................................................................................Easy to use, my facial hair increased, it's obvious that the absorption is better

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................Homemade 5% solution
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................almost 2 years
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................twice
Crown results..........................................................................................................Some improvement
Hairline results:.......................................................................................................Some improvement

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................Dutastride 0.5mg/day
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................2% every 3 days/ almost 2 years

Any other comments................................................................................................ The foam version will reveal minoxidil's limits

-------------------------
2 x 0.5mg dutasteride/day (avodart), ketoconazole 2% shampoo
 05/15/2007 10:02 AM

Author Icon
bullshitner
Accomplished Poster

Edited: 07/08/2011 at 04:35 AM by bullshitner
 05/15/2007 11:01 AM

Author Icon
craig mcdermott
Accomplished Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ about 6 mo.

Once or twice a day................................................................................................ once a day, sometimes twice

Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ crown, occasionally hairline

Crown results......................................................................................................... very good, just got a new haircut and its really thickening up

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................have a HT on hairline, but lots of growth there too

Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... not really, it mats down my hair but i just use it at night

Did you experience a shed. Details...................................................................very bad, hair was horrible in the crown but has recovered in the past month

Do you experience any facial puffiness.............................................................no

Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap.......................................................no

Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards....sort of

Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................no

Any other comments...............................................................................................very happy, it has been the most effective drug i have used and has actually regrown new hairs in my hairline where I don't usually even apply it

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand.................yes

How long did you use this for:.............................................................................. 10 years

Once or twice a day..............................................................................................once

Crown results..........................................................................................................maintained

Hairline results:.......................................................................................................none

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long...........................................Dut, .5mg about 2 times a week

Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long..................................................1% once or twice a week

05/15/2007 11:37 AM

Author Icon
chino
Accomplished Poster

How many months have you been using the Foam........................................ 7 months hairline/temples, around 4 months elsewhere
Once or twice a day................................................................................................ Twice a day, a month ago switched to foam morning, liquid at night
Application area (crown/hairline)........................................................................ Both, and mid scalp
Crown results......................................................................................................... Seems to have thickened up a bit
Hairline results:....................................................................................................... Definite regrowth, more semi-terminals coming through
Do you like the way it makes your hair look...................................................... It's not too bad
Did you experience a shed. Details................................................................... I think so. Wasn't too bad, some days worse than others.
Do you experience any facial puffiness............................................................. No
Does it make your facial skin look dry/crap....................................................... No
Does it make your hair "tangle" and lose hair when brushing afterwards.... Maybe slightly
Did you take any before/after pics:........................................................................ Yep, no recent ones just yet though
Any other comments............................................................................................... I believe foam has better absorption than the liquid, on the basis of how I feel after I apply it

Did you use Minoxidil before switching to the Foam.Which brand................. No
How long did you use this for:..............................................................................
Once or twice a day..............................................................................................
Crown results..........................................................................................................

Do you use Finasteride, if so, what dose/how long........................................... Used fin for 1 year 2 months
Do you use Nizoral, if so, what dose/how long.................................................. Revita, 3 times per week approx

Any other coments................................................................................................ Great thread

Edited: 05/15/2007 at 11:38 AM by chino
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » ROGAINE FOAM - SURVEY OF RESULTS SO FAR

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36095 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 154 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 154 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc