hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Thicker Hair on Zix
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2007 04:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2007 04:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
worm
Accomplished Poster

Hi Guys/Girls,

I've been plagued with itchy scalp since I was 19 (now 29), which was the onset of my MPB. I used propecia and minox for about 8-9 years off and on and they were very good, however the sides had me quit proscar 2.5 years ago. I still have a lot of hair although I have thinned in the past couple years.

I am now only using classic zix and taking 25mg of zinc per day. My scalp feels fantastic, and I am certain the hair on the side of my head is thicker (on the side) than it was even 4 years ago. The front has receeded abt .5 - 1cm in two years, and the vertex has thinned some, but overall its maintaining fairly well. I really think zix has helped me maintain, or at the very least dramaticallly slow my hair loss. No my hair does not look as good as it did 3 years ago, but I am verging on 30, and have just as much hair, if not more than most people my age. I have only been using zix for 1 year, and I know I was losing serious ground, bc when I stopped propecia my hair was shedding abt 250+ hairs a day after just 2 weeks.

I feel way better off, and am happy with zix.

I think zix will work for guys/girls who have itchy scalps, i can't say what effects it will have otherwise if you don't.
BTW I only use specific B6 and Zinc which I think are necessary, I tried another b6 and I started to shed like crazy. If you're interested in knowing just post and I'll give you feedback.
 03/03/2007 06:18 PM

Author Icon
Side Show Bob
Accomplished Poster

I thought zix used B5, not B6.

Anyway, zinc is huge in regrowing hair. I apply heads and shoulders 2% to my scalp 30-60 minutes before I shampoo. I then use my regular shampoo and conditioner.

It makes a world of difference, believe me.

Edited: 03/03/2007 at 06:19 PM by Side Show Bob
 03/04/2007 05:04 AM

Author Icon
Butch54
Accomplished Poster

Guess you never know since there`s a study that`s been floating around which talks about Zinc and how it shrinks the hair folicule. I personally find that H&S helps. A while back I stopped using it for fear that my hair was getting thinner. Went through a nasty shed during that period, got back on H&S and the shed subsided.
 03/05/2007 11:01 AM

Author Icon
worm
Accomplished Poster

all i can say is that my scalp feels great on it, which i think is contributing to thicker hair.
 03/05/2007 01:36 PM

Author Icon
redfox
Accomplished Poster

I actually recall some relief from my itchy scalp back when I was supplementing zinc. I really should start taking that again!

Congrats on the results with zix worm

Edited: 03/05/2007 at 01:37 PM by redfox
 03/29/2007 03:24 PM

Author Icon
JWM
Accomplished Poster

Worm

What brand of B-6 are you using?
 03/29/2007 07:28 PM

Author Icon
Brock Landers
Regular Poster

If you like zix, i suggest trying SuperZix....ive used both, and got way better results with Super
 03/29/2007 08:30 PM

Author Icon
Fat-Elvis
Accomplished Poster

Do you need to refrigerate Zix?

-------------------------
Age 33- NW2.5/3, no crown loss knock on wood

quit fin/minox years ago. currently:
-Regenepure shampoo 4-5 times a week
-Neogenic
-salicylic acid (Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid) before applying neo
-MSM pills
 05/15/2007 06:52 PM

Author Icon
italianguy
Accomplished Poster

I agree H&S helps - my experience is like yours - I stopped H&S had some nasty shedding and went back to H&S. I want to try Zix or Super Zix too
 05/16/2007 01:45 AM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Dudes....use only Pyridoxal - 5 - Phosphate B6. And you need to refrigerate it as it is perishable.

BTW I personally saw results using zix, but not as good as mnox
 05/16/2007 02:12 AM

Author Icon
Fat-Elvis
Accomplished Poster

I've asked this before, but does anyone know about how zinc and copper peptides supposedly cancel each other out? Is it 'safe' to use them several hours apart?

-Neogenic
-MSM pills
 05/16/2007 05:52 AM

Author Icon
jk1
Prolific Poster

Slide show bob why do u think in your case the ZINC in head and shoulders is beneficical ? Have you suffered a reduction in hair shaft diameter as the studies comparing it to nizoral and PTO shamppos ? How long have u been using it ?

The reason i ask is becuase ZINC pyrithrone has shown to reduce hair shaft diameter and hence is the only ingredient in the new Keto Mouse (keto, zinc pyrithrone and salyaclic versafoam anti dandruff mouse) that we have been trialling that we didnt like.

So im interested to here your positive results
 05/16/2007 08:45 AM

Author Icon
Side Show Bob
Accomplished Poster

I haven't noticed any difference. I've just started rotating Nizoral, Zinc and a third shampoo.

That way I hopefully get benefits from all of them, without overdoing it.
 05/16/2007 02:58 PM

Author Icon
Fat-Elvis
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: jk1
Slide show bob why do u think in your case the ZINC in head and shoulders is beneficical ? Have you suffered a reduction in hair shaft diameter as the studies comparing it to nizoral and PTO shamppos ? How long have u been using it ?

The reason i ask is becuase ZINC pyrithrone has shown to reduce hair shaft diameter and hence is the only ingredient in the new Keto Mouse (keto, zinc pyrithrone and salyaclic versafoam anti dandruff mouse) that we have been trialling that we didnt like.

So im interested to here your positive results

What keto mousse are you talking about? Are you working on one or something??

Also, where has it been shown that zinc reduces hair shaft diameter? Everything I've read about zinc and hairloss says that zinc helps with thinning, not increases it.

-Neogenic
-MSM pills
 05/17/2007 08:50 AM

Author Icon
worm
Accomplished Poster

JK,

I think you're mistaking your claim from the nizoral vs H&S study. While they say the hair dimeter did shrink while on H&S vs Nizoral (which increased), it doesn't mean H&S causes shrinkage, rather it means that H&S did not prevent the hair shaft from getting smaller due to the balding process. These are big distinctions.

Personally I find H&S has slowed my shedding significantly, and it says so in the study too. I have also just tripled the zinc in my zix, so I hope to see better results. That being said, they are the only treatments I am using and my rate of loss is VERY slow, albeit not completely stopped. At this rate though, now 30, I don't forsee myself losing hair to the point where I think I'll be noticeably bald in the next 10 years. And hopefully by then something non pharmaceutical will exist...
 01/05/2017 11:50 AM

Author Icon
worm
Accomplished Poster

Been doing some research and came across this old post from almost 10 years ago. Fack, time flies.

I still have hair, less than 10 years ago, but have good coverage on top using zix alone.

It's funny, I wrote that hopefully there will be some non pharma cure in 10 years. Well it's been almost 10 years, and it appears that Fidia has this lotion that is supposed to legitimately regrow hair, which will hopefully be released in March. I hope this is the case, if so, I'll take full credit for being a fortune teller
 01/05/2017 03:11 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

hey mate

i see you over on hlt aswell, especially in the new technology section. whats your opinion on all this? theres a lot companies meant to be doing a lot of good things in the next few years, what do make of it all? you really think this fidia lotion will work?

im enthusiastic by nature, and if i was just looking into hairloss now i would be very excited. but i have read countless of threads over the years, some up to 15 years old, about all these new companies coming out with the latest cure. but nothing happened, so its hard for me to get too excited. youve been a member here for 15 years yourself so you must know what im talking about. all that '5 year' nonsense. but nothing ever happened

obviously i would love if something come out soonish that didnt mess with my hormones, especially me heading for a nw7 and i cant handle fin.
 01/06/2017 12:56 PM

Author Icon
4myfuture
Accomplished Poster

Worm, very interestimg as Ive heard some decent reviews on Zix over the years...Your particular experience is important as its over a long stretch of time...Also, Ive never heard of this Fidia lotion as it appears that this site is dying out...Maybe I should check out HLT as it seems like there are more updates over there..Also, interested in trying Zix maybe in place of Minox...Im on a month layoff from minox as I ran out and decided to take a break...Started noticing that baggy eye side a bit...Do you know anyone that uses Minox and Zix?

Finasteride - 1mg EOD
Theradome LLT - 2X per week
Foam - 1x per day
 01/08/2017 02:18 PM

Author Icon
worm
Accomplished Poster

Yes jwm told me he knew others who combined with minox. I have a thread over on HLT, under alternative treatments section. I have links to the threads and my full experience posted there. I'm tempted to add minox to get a boost. I think I'll buy a 6 month supply and use it in conjunction with zix. I'm currently evaluating cold showers in the meantime, which is more desperation, but I seemed to have success with for 1.5 years until I stopped and started taking hot showers. Read my thread on my experience also on HLT in the shedding section.

+

Sunchyme saw your post on HLT, I don't know about this new Brotzu lotion but it seems it has very legit results supporting the notion that it does work. What nw are you?

To me it actually seems that legit solutions will be here in the next 2 years. With Tsuji, sisheido and Brotzu.
 01/08/2017 03:17 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: worm

Yes jwm told me he knew others who combined with minox. I have a thread over on HLT, under alternative treatments section. I have links to the threads and my full experience posted there. I'm tempted to add minox to get a boost. I think I'll buy a 6 month supply and use it in conjunction with zix. I'm currently evaluating cold showers in the meantime, which is more desperation, but I seemed to have success with for 1.5 years until I stopped and started taking hot showers. Read my thread on my experience also on HLT in the shedding section.

+

Sunchyme saw your post on HLT, I don't know about this new Brotzu lotion but it seems it has very legit results supporting the notion that it does work. What nw are you?

To me it actually seems that legit solutions will be here in the next 2 years. With Tsuji, sisheido and Brotzu.

im around nw4 approachin 5. with a nw7 forming. lol. so im kinda *****ed. i dont know the specfics of each treatment you guys are talking about over there, so im not sure how much they could help

but bascially, im looking for maintanence/slowly down a lot, and then ill look into ht or perhaps one of the other new treatments to get some hair back

is this possible with these guys your talking about?
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Thicker Hair on Zix

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
35685 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 708 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 708 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc