hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: radio frequency radiation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/21/2007 03:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2007 03:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

I know this subject has been broached before (from my lurker days) but I couldn't find it in a search.

Anyway my hair was fine till I moved out here to the high desert right next to a huge military base. There are several gigantic radar deals twirling around here and there, and all the sudden my hair starts thinning bad on top. Could there be a connection......

Could RFR help accelerate (but not be the cause) of MPB?

I read posts wondering if guys are starting to bald at an earlier age. Let's face it, with this "wireless revolution" we are experiencing there is a lot more unnatural "radiation" all around, and through us. Cell fone towers are everywhere. Channel 7 in LA just activated their "MegaDoppler 7000" a one million watt death ray that scans the southland for rainclouds. Very little data exists on the long term health effects of all this. We are all essentially guinea pigs.

Also, cancer, a disease that was very rare only a century ago, is now the second or third leading cause of death.

I spent a good deal of my 30's in remote areas (central Idaho, Ariz. strip, Sonoran desert) for months at a time and my hair was GREAT
 01/21/2007 08:10 AM

Author Icon
Someday
Accomplished Poster

Man i've also thought about this, maybe the place where i live in is causing me more hair loss and radiation back n forth...could be something anyone who knowes more about this?
 01/21/2007 03:52 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Hey Someday, what country do you live in? Has the issue been adressed?

Unfortunatly most public health issues here in the US are politically driven
 01/21/2007 04:02 PM

Author Icon
Someday
Accomplished Poster

No i just have a feeling I’m having or thought that has actually striked me a couple of times, i live in sweden
 01/21/2007 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Mr Frosty
Regular Poster

There has been some cases of cancer being triggered in people who live very close to pylons. Apparently caused by exposure to very high electromagnetic fields.
 01/21/2007 09:01 PM

Author Icon
Side Show Bob
Accomplished Poster

High Sierra,

You may be sensitive to high frequency radiation. Some people can't use cell phones because of this.

Where are you located? Somewhere near Pahrump maybe?

Edited: 01/21/2007 at 09:02 PM by Side Show Bob
 01/22/2007 03:22 AM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Side Show Bob
High Sierra,

You may be sensitive to high frequency radiation. Some people can't use cell phones because of this.

Where are you located? Somewhere near Pahrump maybe?

I'm in eastern Calif. Haven't been to Pahrump in a while, but I heard it's booming (too bad).

That's an interesting take..........I thought RFR would affect the population as a whole, but you seem to suggest some individuals to be more sensitive than others. Do you thing it could have specific manifestations in people, such as affecting certain organs (such as the skin) and thus hair follicles? It just seemed such a strange coincidence I was going thru life with decent hair then BAM it just goes right when I move here.

I'm possibly moving this summer (it's like an oven here) and see if my hair improves. If it means moving back to a remote region to keep my hair then hey, a man's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Besides I'm more of the frontier/pioneer type than the urban dweller. Hell I even hated living in Malibu

PS Thanks guys for the inquisitive replies, and that nobody just dismissed this out of hand or ridiculed it
 01/22/2007 07:43 AM

Author Icon
Someday
Accomplished Poster

highsierra

I don't know but is there maybe some kind of equipment one could use to measure the radiation in ones area?
 01/22/2007 02:07 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Someday
highsierra

I don't know but is there maybe some kind of equipment one could use to measure the radiation in ones area?

There probably is........I think the public needs to be more educated on this issue.
 01/22/2007 02:57 PM

Author Icon
ricebowl
Occasional Poster

just a clarification, RF frequency is not the kind that ionizes human flesh, which screws up ur DNA and causes cancer. The kind that does cause cancer are your X-rays, gamma rays, cosmic rays, and stingrays, potent EM energy that has frequencies millions of times greator than Radio Frequency radiation. RF radiation actually has less energy than visible light, so the sun is more harmful than a radio dish in this regard. IMHO, i highly doubt it has anything to do with your hair loss. Try getting your house checked for Radon or something, now that could really screw u up if you breathe it in and will damage you. Esp if you are living in Cali, as that tends to be a radon prone area. Im sure you can purchase ur own gieger counter to test for ionizing radiation. And the reason cancer is so much more prevalent now than it was a century ago, is becuase of factors like diet and culture, IMO

Edited: 01/22/2007 at 02:58 PM by ricebowl
 01/22/2007 03:40 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ricebowl
just a clarification, RF frequency is not the kind that ionizes human flesh, which screws up ur DNA and causes cancer. The kind that does cause cancer are your X-rays, gamma rays, cosmic rays, and stingrays, potent EM energy that has frequencies millions of times greator than Radio Frequency radiation. RF radiation actually has less energy than visible light, so the sun is more harmful than a radio dish in this regard. IMHO, i highly doubt it has anything to do with your hair loss. Try getting your house checked for Radon or something, now that could really screw u up if you breathe it in and will damage you. Esp if you are living in Cali, as that tends to be a radon prone area. Im sure you can purchase ur own gieger counter to test for ionizing radiation. And the reason cancer is so much more prevalent now than it was a century ago, is becuase of factors like diet and culture, IMO

Don't really think radon gas to be a problem here. It's actually more prevelant in the east and midwest (where houses have basements). About the only place it would be present by me would be in some abandoned gold mines.

Worthy of note: I live about 150 miles southwest of the Nevada test site. We frequently get northeasterly (Santa Ana) winds which would have carried radioactive fallout to my area in the 50's and 60's. It would still be radioactive, which may explain your ionizing radiation theory.

Other than that, thanks for the other info and your opinion on the health effects of RFR specifically on the dermis. Do you think exposure to ultra high levels maybe harmful?

regards - hs
 01/22/2007 05:09 PM

Author Icon
ricebowl
Occasional Poster

UV radiation is most definatly harmful to all dermis tissue. The higher the frequency of radiation, the more energy it has and thus has more potential to knock off electrons and distort organic chemicals such as DNA. This process, known as oxidation, is a primary agent in many ailments, such as cancer and aging(ever hear of anti-oxidants?) Now, lemme give u my opinion on the link to hairloss on this matter. Since the hair follicle itself is a cell, it has DNA and produces protiens (keratin) and a whole slurry of stuff. Recently ive read articles that have pretty much labelled hair loss as an autoimmume syndrome, where the white blood cells attack hair cells. Now why would UV and other high frequency radiation exacerbate this? well simple, when DNA gets damaged many protective measures kick in, first the cell tries to repair the damage with enzymes, if this fails, then it self destructs. However, often cells do not self destruct on their own, the immune system "helps out." Cancer only occurs when both of these measures do not work. Have you heard of skin cancers of the scalp? Maybe the rarity of such is the result of a high concentration of immune cells in the scalp? idk, this is just a hunch

Your location is quite suspicious as the nuclear fallout crap remains radioactive for generations. And soon even more nuclear waste junk will be headed ur way to the Yucca mountains , thats close to ur place right? Im not sure what u can do to protect yourself, but then again, how will you know for sure that radiation is the cause of your hair loss, u can never know for sure, other factors can easily be involved. Have you tried searching the web for radiation levels in ur area?

hmm, Didnt the japanese try to make this HUGE radio-gun-laser thing back in WWII... it didnt get far haha
 01/22/2007 07:59 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

UV radiation is most definatly harmful to all dermis tissue. The higher the frequency of radiation, the more energy it has and thus has more potential to knock off electrons and distort organic chemicals such as DNA. This process, known as oxidation, is a primary agent in many ailments, such as cancer and aging(ever hear of anti-oxidants?) Now, lemme give u my opinion on the link to hairloss on this matter. Since the hair follicle itself is a cell, it has DNA and produces protiens (keratin) and a whole slurry of stuff. Recently ive read articles that have pretty much labelled hair loss as an autoimmume syndrome, where the white blood cells attack hair cells. Now why would UV and other high frequency radiation exacerbate this? well simple, when DNA gets damaged many protective measures kick in, first the cell tries to repair the damage with enzymes, if this fails, then it self destructs. However, often cells do not self destruct on their own, the immune system "helps out." Cancer only occurs when both of these measures do not work. Have you heard of skin cancers of the scalp? Maybe the rarity of such is the result of a high concentration of immune cells in the scalp? idk, this is just a hunch

Your location is quite suspicious as the nuclear fallout crap remains radioactive for generations. And soon even more nuclear waste junk will be headed ur way to the Yucca mountains , thats close to ur place right? Im not sure what u can do to protect yourself, but then again, how will you know for sure that radiation is the cause of your hair loss, u can never know for sure, other factors can easily be involved. Have you tried searching the web for radiation levels in ur area?

hmm, Didnt the japanese try to make this HUGE radio-gun-laser thing back in WWII... it didnt get far haha

Hey ricebowl, thanks for the detailed explanation, if you're in college you would do good to major in engineering or physics.

It appears congress has/ or will soon scrap the entire Yucca mtn project as it was discovered recently it sits above an active earthquake fault. The new plan is to store the waste on site (of the reactor) in hardened containers. Thank God, it would have meant many trucks and rail cars hauling that s#it through my community.

Dude, cool you knew bout that hairbrained Japanese plan to build a "death ray"
 01/22/2007 08:35 PM

Author Icon
Socks
Accomplished Poster

And the reason cancer is so much more prevalent now than it was a century ago, is becuase of factors like diet and culture, IMO

Plus, there a more people on the earth, we live longer, and there are more 'elderly' people alive today then every before... All reasons why cancer occurs more... I mean, we all got to die of something
 01/22/2007 09:30 PM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Highsierra, I think those people that walk around ALL day with those stupid blinking bluetooth earphones for their cellphones are going to get ear or brain cancer, or maybe accelerate MPB. Even if they don't. I still think walking around ALL day with that thing looks ridiculous. I could understand putting it on when you need to use it but ALL day, come on. I was at a restaurant and I saw this couple going to eat and they both had matching blinking earphones. How romantic!!!! You know Eddie Van Halen got tongue cancer from having a metal guitar pick in his mouth while he played his electric guitar. He said the radiation was conducted to his metal pick. He bought a pharm company and developed his own treatment for his cancer. I would think those bluetooth earpieces could do the same if you wear it ALL day.
 01/23/2007 12:45 AM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: hungrylikethewolf
Highsierra, I think those people that walk around ALL day with those stupid blinking bluetooth earphones for their cellphones are going to get ear or brain cancer, or maybe accelerate MPB. Even if they don't. I still think walking around ALL day with that thing looks ridiculous. I could understand putting it on when you need to use it but ALL day, come on. I was at a restaurant and I saw this couple going to eat and they both had matching blinking earphones. How romantic!!!! You know Eddie Van Halen got tongue cancer from having a metal guitar pick in his mouth while he played his electric guitar. He said the radiation was conducted to his metal pick. He bought a pharm company and developed his own treatment for his cancer. I would think those bluetooth earpieces could do the same if you wear it ALL day.

Hey wolf, alot of people would dismiss (or not even give it a thought) the effects of our new "wireless culture". Just like cigarette smokers, they will wake up the next day apparently healthy. Hey, maybe it is all harmless, but has it been PROVEN to be harmless........

I guess it all boils down to risks that we take. I personally think life is the greatest gift and don't want to foolishly jeopardise it. But unfortunatly I am at the mercy of the general population who are either apathetic or ignorant. I may ultimately end up moving to a remote place. There's so much in the air we breathe, our food supply and water, that threatens our one and only lives. Now many ignore these facts and go on to live long happy lives, but are the odds really in their favor.........

Just some late nite philosophy from the high sierra mountain guru
 04/12/2012 11:19 PM

Author Icon
highsierra
Accomplished Poster

Well fellas, it's been 2 years since I left the "radar range" and I have to report that, amazingly, it appears that my MPB has reversed course........to a point where I have been off of minox for almost a year and off fin for over 3 months. I am now totally off meds, and my hair looks better than it did 5 years ago!

I always suspected living next to that military base was unhealthy, lot of wierd stuff goin on there (I even worked there for 3 yrs as a teacher). I had a couple of young navy guys as neighbors and they were almost bald.

Im deep in the mountais now, where I can barely get a cell fone signal. My general health (and my hair) seem to have improved.

Not sayin every guy in Ridgecrest was balding, but it might have affected some of us with "at risk follicles".
 04/12/2012 11:42 PM

Author Icon
Jocko59
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Mr Frosty

There has been some cases of cancer being triggered in people who live very close to pylons. Apparently caused by exposure to very high electromagnetic fields.

That's been disproven.
Statistics
31660 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 496 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 503 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc