hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Does DHT build up in the scalp?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/21/2006 10:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2006 10:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NegativeNorwood
Accomplished Poster

I was doing some research on Shen Min and came across this (see below). By the way It seems the only useful ingredients in Shen Min are Saw Palmetto and Bet Sis and the guy who wrote it some kind of shill. Anyway there might be some truth mixed in with his shilling. I'm concerned that even though I have reduced DHT levels there maybe a significant build up of DHT in my scalp that is just sitting there. Can anyone confirm if this is true. Does DHT build up in your scalp and remain until removed? If yes what is the best way to remove.

I use Nizorelle which is 1% but it also contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which this guy implies isn't deep cleansing enough to remove DHT. I can't find any info on this so please advise.

Thanks

"Also depending on your shampooing habits you may have a significant site build up of DHT in your scalp itself as well as in your Galea membrane.

I would recommend you get a deep cleansing shampoo that is free of SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) and shampoo your hair atleast once a day to aid in removing the build up of DHT. Until you accomplish this, even if your DHT level in your system drops, it will be very difficult for the active components in Shen Min Advanced to have the desired effect.

There are several shampoo's that can help to reduce your scalp build-up. One is "Super Hair Energizer" by Ferm T. Or even Shen Min shampoo will do the trick. Either way, the idea is to remove as much build up from your scalp/follicle/membrane as possible, so shampooing atleast once daily is necessary. Make sure you massage your scalp with your finger tips while you are shampooing."
Statistics
31936 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 13 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 609 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 622 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc