hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Feedback-Keratinocyte Growth Factor (KGF) helps activate hair stem cells?-
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/20/2006 03:57 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/20/2006 03:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Just wandering if anyone has used this product and had any feedback. The only person so far as been Hogan, but would like more detail/updates.

My thoughts;

1) 1st-I needed to break up "profillicular fibrosis" . I first tried Procede, which worked great but was to harsh to use long-term. Now I go see the 'Scalp Lady" to help with this based on not "only" her peels, but more so her "unique" extraction process. If you want more detail go to my lengthy thread on this experience. Either here or regrowth.com

Keep in mind this fibrosis theory is also part of "Renerix" and "Gaunitz Hair Center" first steps in treatment.

2) 2nd- I think after step one, it is important to "increase epithelial cell growth" . Hence, retin-a is suppose to help with this, as is www.skinactives.com KGF product. In addition, this is also accomplished somewhat by hair lasers. Based on my conversations and visit at the Gaunitz Hair Center, the reason why there laser costs $3,000 is the fact it gets down at the "celluar level" more than any of these other hand held units. In fact, Bill Gaunitz told me he usually "tweaks" the hand held unit for "blond" patients (needs 4x the strength) because for some reason blond pigmentation needs more energy than brunettes.

Also, visit Dr. Lewenbergs sight on these two new independent studies regarding "epithelial cell growth"

The bottom line is I need something after removing fibrosis to help repair/regenerate the hair cells. Ultimatley, I will be buying the Gaunitiz Protable laser to accomplish this, but am a month or two away from flying down again to see Bill.

Intelligent and well thought out responses are always appreciated.

Sorry for any spelling errors...LOL!

thanks Gentlemen,
 08/20/2006 04:09 PM

Author Icon
FrankBuzin
Prolific Poster

I've used it since June... Not much to comment on yet.
 08/20/2006 04:33 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: FrankBuzin
I've used it since June... Not much to comment on yet.

Thanks Frank,

By chance do have a phone number for them (www.skinactives.com) from your receipt maybe? I would like to talk to them 1st. Obviously, they are a small operation and do not give out a phone number.

It would be greatly appreciated,

Stevo
 08/20/2006 05:17 PM

Author Icon
FrankBuzin
Prolific Poster

ummm you are right they don't even include a phone number on what they included in the shipment. I just post on their forum.
 08/20/2006 08:08 PM

Author Icon
Harry Balls
Accomplished Poster

Copper peptides assist healing and reduce fibrosis. you may want to try Dr Pickartts CP serum

-------------------------
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Harry%20Balls/
 08/20/2006 08:14 PM

Author Icon
Harry Balls
Accomplished Poster

oops ok, just read it again. would still add cps. Minox with retin A may be a good idea.
Not sure about Skin actives. What is the concentration there KGF? is there enough to actually do something?

-------------------------
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Harry%20Balls/
 08/21/2006 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Vince001
Regular Poster

That, I think, is the big problem with most products companies offer. The concentration is to low and something that should work in theory can't do much for you in real.

Stevo, what is it that Gaunitz offer in his threatment that should solve the Fibrosis problem? Do you know and is it available on the web?

Tnx

Edited: 08/21/2006 at 09:09 AM by Vince001
 08/21/2006 01:08 PM

Author Icon
Hairison Ford
Occasional Poster

Hi Steveo, I've used some of the KGF. It has carnitine in it, which i'm not sure helps. I did notice some bumps on the face in places where there are already vellous hairs, (different spots - face, neck, etc.) Don't know if it can be controlled for the scalp or just "activates" it wherever there are either places for vellous or existing vellous hairs, that's what it "felt" like. Let me know if you come down to Gaunitz, I was thinking of going there too. Send me an email for more detailed info...

Thanks
-hairisonford@yahoo.com
Statistics
32242 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 910 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 917 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc