hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Propecia Doesn't Work for Receding Hair Line??
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/07/2005 05:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/07/2005 05:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
minotauro

I was taking a look at the Propecia web page and it said that there is no evidence that it helps with hair lines receding at the temples. I would say that I am at a NW 2 right now with no bald spot at the top back of the head. In fact it seems pretty thick back there. But the front definitely seems to be receding in a wedge shaped pattern. Should I try Propecia or not even bother? Has anyone had any luck regrowing hair at the temples or should I go on Propecia simply to maintain what I do have? Thanks.
 06/07/2005 06:25 PM

Author Icon
katanga
Regular Poster

been on the damn thing for 7 months now. Hair receding like hell and back thining as well. Donknow but they say it kicks in around 10 months ... I know once I get there they would tell ya to wait for 14 months or so ... oh well, anyway this my experience ... I'm sure everyone here is the same ... really don't know why bother. I guess I'm gonna be a shaved head soon. Try it though, some have good experiences and I had no sides so far.
 06/07/2005 07:16 PM

Author Icon
pilogenic
Regular Poster

I used prop for 11 months and it had no effect. I expected more so Ive moved on.
 06/07/2005 07:23 PM

Author Icon
youngnbald
Occasional Poster

in my opinion all these pills, lotions etc...don't work, and i'm speaking from experience. The only thing is guaranteed is hairtransplant.
 06/08/2005 01:36 AM

Author Icon
llens
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: youngnbald
in my opinion all these pills, lotions etc...don't work, and i'm speaking from experience. The only thing is guaranteed is hairtransplant.

So what are you doing here "Newbie" !???????????!!!??!!???
 06/08/2005 03:50 AM

Author Icon
dubwise
Prolific Poster

Propecia does work for a receeding hairline. There is plenty of scientific, as well as anecdotal evidence on this site support this. I for one have halted my recession by using it.
 06/08/2005 04:12 AM

Author Icon
bullshitner
Accomplished Poster

b

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 06:58 AM by bullshitner
 06/08/2005 04:31 AM

Author Icon
Bailey
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: pilogenic
I used prop for 11 months and it had no effect. I expected more so Ive moved on.

A great way to set yourself up for failure. Over and over and over people on these sites PREACH that you need to give it time. They also preach (as does Merck) that any growth you get while on Propecia is an added bonus. It's benefit is in staving off future loss. GOD! Don't they teach you kids ANYTHING in school these days?

06/08/2005 04:31 AM

Author Icon
Bailey
Prolific Poster

You are a Bosley nightmare waiting to happen.
 06/08/2005 11:08 AM

Author Icon
Zwarflai
Accomplished Poster

Today is my 12 month Finasteride-anniversary!! Finasteride has stopped the hairloss in my temples and hairline. No regrowth though.

I didn't take pictures when I started, but someone from hairlosstalk did. His only treatment was Propecia:

http://www.geocities.com/actionpackti/
 06/08/2005 11:51 AM

Author Icon
brad04
Accomplished Poster

Propecia will stop hairloss and possibly regrow some hair along the way.. For best regrowth effects I suggest adding Minoxidil 5% to your hairline regimen. INcase you didnt know minoxidil = Rogaine.

-------------------------
1mg Propecia daily 11/21/2011
5% Minoxidil Nightly 11/21/01
 06/08/2005 01:21 PM

Author Icon
Dinzy
Regular Poster

Why not go on propecia now and see if you can halt any further hairloss. If you stay the same or improve then you made the right move. If it doesn't work for you then can quit taking it but come away from it knowing you did the right thing in trying. Why wish you had done it a few years down the road? Also try some minox too. Many people have had sucess using both, oh yeah and dont forget nizoral.
 06/08/2005 02:35 PM

Author Icon
Miracle Grow man
Prolific Poster

Don't pop the pill and hope that everything will be rosy. If you have a receeding hairline it will slow it down and maybe after a year halt it, but you don't want to be waiting around for a year for fin to kick in properly. You need to get on a good topical such as fluridil, in conjunction with fin, if you want to stop your recession.
 06/08/2005 02:48 PM

Author Icon
minotauro

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try. I was surprised that the Propecia website said that there was no scientific evidence that it helped with a receding hair line at the temples. But it seems like a decent amount of people on this site have had good results in this area.
 06/08/2005 06:19 PM

Author Icon
HairLossIsHell
Prolific Poster

Finasteride and Minox have worked for me. People need to experience the products for themselves, cuz what didn't work for you might work for someone else.
 06/08/2005 07:02 PM

Author Icon
youngnbald
Occasional Poster

i agree everybody is different, but like i said on my last post, it was just my opinion, maybe i am one of the unlucky men out there that nothing will work for them except surgery. I am only here to educate myself more on hairloss and to read what other treatment are out there, and share my experience and read other people experiences.
Yes i am a bit bitter becuase i've spent a lot of money on pills, lotions etc..with no results.
Statistics
35837 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 219 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 220 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc