hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Liquid Nitrogen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/10/2005 07:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2005 07:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Itchy&Scratchy
Prolific Poster

Has anyone else ever tried liquid nitrogen ( see below)? I have tried it in the past but never stayed with it long enough. I`m currently on month 3 ( 1 spray per month) and will give it at least 6 months. Just trying to find out if I`m wasting time and expense.

Stimulation of hair follicles - Various techniques have been used in the past to stimulate hair follicles. According to Dr. Douglas Altcheck, professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, American Indians are known to have used chili peppers to stimulate hair growth for centuries. Alternatively, Dr. Altcheck has some success in slightly freezing the scalp by means of a liquid nitrogen spray.
 05/11/2005 01:49 AM

Author Icon
80shairband
Accomplished Poster

itchy and scratchy.....are you T1000??from the terminator movie...
 05/11/2005 01:51 AM

Author Icon
redfox
Accomplished Poster

I would say it's a pretty safe bet you're not going to find anyone else that has tried liquid nitrogen

I have heard of the pepper thing before (specifically in relation to capsaicin). The few studies I have found on the pepper theory were utter bs (I recall one involved testing on ONE individual). Not to mention as this "method" has been around for quite sometime, if it had any merit we would all know about it by now.

Assuming its the same on the opposite end of the spectrum, I would say liquid nitrogen does nothing but give you a cold head.
 05/11/2005 06:30 AM

Author Icon
ETERNAL_HOPE
Accomplished Poster

I believe this methodology is called cryotherapy or cryogenic therapy (something to that effect)
Strangely enough, when I commenced research on hairloss many years ago, this was one of the first treatments that I had investigated and seriously looked into it as a possible avenue. Not sure why I did not attempt this technique, as I had frantically tried everything else at that time....

Ciao!

Edited: 05/11/2005 at 06:31 AM by ETERNAL_HOPE
 05/11/2005 12:08 PM

Author Icon
global
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ETERNAL_HOPE
I believe this methodology is called cryotherapy or cryogenic therapy (something to that effect)

Strangely enough, when I commenced research on hairloss many years ago, this was one of the first treatments that I had investigated and seriously looked into it as a possible avenue. Not sure why I did not attempt this technique, as I had frantically tried everything else at that time....

Ciao!

Could it be that freezing your scalp with liquid nitrogen is likely to make it fall off?

-------------------------
WARNING: PillsForAll.com sell fake pills - avoid.
 05/11/2005 12:11 PM

Author Icon
RaaHaaHaa
Accomplished Poster

I think I speak for most sane people when I say wtf?!
 05/11/2005 07:56 PM

Author Icon
Itchy&Scratchy
Prolific Poster

The excerpt below was taken from "1001 uses for liquid nitrogen." Four times faster growing hair is obviously an exageration but my hair definately has improved some the last few months. With all the products I`m on since the great fallout of 2004, who knows whats working though. I`d list my regiman but it`s so extensive currently, I might crash the server. ( If only I could get back on Minox!)

"LN is used in cosmetics to treat acnes, various skin diseases and hair loss due to

over active sebaceous (oil producing) glands. Wrap the stick with cotton, dip the

stick in LN and roll it back and forth over your skin or scalp. The cold causes

glands to shrink, stabilizing HP balance of the scalp. Your hair will grow four

times faster and healthier."

Statistics
32105 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 529 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 540 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc