hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Loniten is great
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2004 12:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/29/2004 12:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Grequos
Occasional Poster

Hello, i use minoxidil toipic for 1 year and i have no result. 1 month ago i use 10mg of minoxidil oral and i have, for the first time in my war of hairloss, great regrowht. Another users of loniten??? Bye
 09/29/2004 12:49 AM

Author Icon
jack
Accomplished Poster

Id like to hear more. 10mg sounds alot. how expensive is that? any sides? did you have it perscribed?
 09/29/2004 02:10 AM

Author Icon
Grequos
Occasional Poster

No prescripted
I buy on www.inhousepharmacy.com for +/- 60Usd for 90x5mg of loniten.
 09/29/2004 07:43 AM

Author Icon
Machinehead
Regular Poster

Wouldn't loniten also increase body hair, too? Minoxidil stimulates ALL hair growth, not just scalp hair...
 09/29/2004 07:54 AM

Author Icon
Ugly Man 4 Life
Accomplished Poster

im interesting if any users of logiten out there have used it for an extended period and found results were maintained... that is, there wasnt a peak and then easing off where you either had to up the dosage or add something else...

thanks
 09/29/2004 10:40 AM

Author Icon
SPidy182
Regular Poster

Woah.. haven't heard this subject for a while.. isn't it suppose to be super dangerous..?
 09/29/2004 10:47 AM

Author Icon
dirty
Accomplished Poster

Yea I'd like to know more too. I didn't think it was considered totally safe?
 09/29/2004 04:01 PM

Author Icon
Bob Sakamano
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: SPidy182
Woah.. haven't heard this subject for a while.. isn't it suppose to be super dangerous..?

I believe loniten can have negative effects on the heart. I'd stick to topical.
 09/30/2004 01:12 PM

Author Icon
marconi
Prolific Poster

True Bob, but just how much do you want to keep your hair ? Loniten is like any drug and has its risks but you have to weigh up the pros and cons. All the contributors to this forum were worried enough to join this community and to learn more about our shared hair loss problem but some too are very quick to criticise those trailblazers who 'think outside the bottle'. If it became apparent tomorrow that Loniten was 100% certain to cure your MPB then you can be sure those doubters and critics would very quickly disappear into the woodwork as even they quietly join the on bandwagon.

They're right to point out the potential dangers of a drug that hasn't been thoroughly researched and approved for hair loss but some preach with such vehemency and venom they'd have you believe that you're gonna die should you even be crazy enough to pop just one 5mg pill of oral minox. Possible I'm sure, but extremely unlikely and usually these warnings originate from those who've never used the drug. Use finasteride and you run risks too !

I'd advise anyone to do their own detailed research on any drug or treatment they are interested in and then make their own decisions about what value they place on keeping their hair and what level of risk they're prepared to run to achieve this goal. No treatment is without some level of risk.

Edited: 09/30/2004 at 01:15 PM by marconi
 09/30/2004 05:38 PM

Author Icon
superhair
Prolific Poster

Ive said it b4 and i will say it again ....Fin taken in conjunction with 5 mg of ORAL Minoxidil will turn your hair into CARPET..FISHING LINE ..whatever other metaphors you can come up with to describe how your hair shaft starts to look as thick as a tree trunk HOWEVER..the sides will positvely FLOOR YOU !!!!
--say hello to accelerated heart beat , dizzyness, weakness..sore joints, clicking joints..muscular-skeletal pain , fatigue , lethargy

BUT you will have great hair..make your choice

oh ..you also get nice long eyelashes ..which chicks love

oh ..and you have to shave every five minutes

oh ..and people might mistake you for a werewolf and run away from you
 09/30/2004 05:56 PM

Author Icon
jack
Accomplished Poster

superhair, were u able tomaintain results whn u stoped? prehaps witha topical? are you sure u didnt just have a bad reaction,i mean guillermo dosnt seem to have problems. Bryan you should chip into this conversation.
 09/30/2004 06:29 PM

Author Icon
superhair
Prolific Poster

jack..ok..you are keen to get on this....i maintained with topical but i started with slow hairloss anyway ..if u want to go on it for a year to see ohw it works then follow up with topical ..then go ahead..make sure to use topical at same time as internal ...

i am dramatising sides to some degree..it depnds on your activity levels...i like to exercise and it hit me hard

Loniten/Minoxidil is a blood pressure drug...as a result your heart beat quikens to compensate for drop in blood pressure..go to google aand typi in "Minoxidil side effects" etc
 09/30/2004 08:25 PM

Author Icon
J a c k
Occasional Poster

scratch that

Edited: 09/30/2004 at 08:54 PM by J a c k
 10/01/2004 12:59 AM

Author Icon
Troymaclure
Accomplished Poster

Ive said it b4 and i will say it again ....Fin taken in conjunction with 5 mg of ORAL Minoxidil will turn your hair into CARPET..FISHING LINE ..whatever other metaphors you can come up with to describe how your hair shaft starts to look as thick as a tree trunk HOWEVER..the sides will positvely FLOOR YOU !!!!

5mg of oral minoxidil is not an especially high dose nor is it especially dangerous short term but i wouldn't take it over a long period, i.e. more than a year....people take 15mg orally for hairloss and these are the people i would say should reconsider...15mg orally is too dangerous...5mg every-other day for example certainly won't FLOOR you, but it's a little too risky over the long term...personally i used it and just shed a lot...a LOT...which freaked me out and i knocked it on the head...maybe i would've got some mega growth a couple of months later but i didnt want to find out...at that stage i still had a resonable NW2 and didnt want to keep going through big sheds at such an early stage in my treatment, so i persevered with topical minoxidil, hassle though it is

I once ingested a dose of 500mg minoxidil by mistake...and woke up the next day close to death, with a face swollen to twice its normal size, i was absurdly pale and had difficulty walking out the house....i somehow drove to work but was immediately sent home...in other words, the stuff IS very dangerous and anyone thinking more is better with it is simply asking for trouble...my advise would be if you're set on trying it, then start off on 5mg every other day.....if nothing happens on that then maybe try 5mg a day for a while....if nothing happens on that or if the gains are minimal then forget it - if you grow an absolute shitload of hair from it then i guess the risk is your own to weigh up as to whether you want to continue on it long term to keep a thick head of hair...being aware all the time of course that at some point its effectiveness would wear off and you'd have to continue taking it just to maintain, or even go to a higher dose to gain back your initial growth from the 5mg....and therein lies the danger
 10/01/2004 02:39 AM

Author Icon
crazydiamond
Prolific Poster

Hi Troy

How ya doin buddy? How the hell did you manage to take 500mg by mistake!

Havent been checking the Open Forum much, stuck in the transplant forum...what have you been dabbling in lately? Have you settled on a consistent regime?

06/24/2007 12:18 PM

Author Icon
StandStrong
Accomplished Poster

Anyone else noticing 'great' results with Loniten?

I used it when I first started fighting MPB, a hair doctor used it as part of his regimen. I cant remember how much he gave me though. It worked but I started growing hair on my forehead and cheeks! So I had to stop and stick to topical minox.

What would be a good dose to take?

06/24/2007 08:34 PM

Author Icon
jordan
Occasional Poster

my friend hi..plsss tell my about this treatmen....
 06/24/2007 08:48 PM

Author Icon
jordan
Occasional Poster

guys you think this oral minoxidil is dengerous?...and i want also to ask you somethin else...exept minoxidil and propecia..which treatment you think is the best..thx
 06/25/2007 04:33 AM

Author Icon
Anatole
Accomplished Poster

I'm a long time Loniten user. I've been taking high doses of Loniten for almost 3 years (10 mg, then 35 mg and now 25 mg /day).

It is a dangerous medication, it gives me heart pains, like muscle cramps.I have probably damaged my heart, but I'm willing to take the risk. Other side effects are growth of unwanted body hair (on cheeks and forehead) and loud heartbeat.

As for the results, it does give a good density on top, but it's only an illusion, I'm still loosing my hair. It didn't save my hairline.

Jordan, you can add MSM to your regimen, it's not dangerous and it makes your hair grow faster. Minoxidil foam + finasteride remains the best regimen.

@+

06/25/2007 07:45 AM

Author Icon
Alcyone
Accomplished Poster

Those Rogaine commercials we all saw 10-15 years ago, illustrating what looked like 300% regrowth is complete hogwash. When you think about it, even Rogaine is somewhat of a scam and was based on false, misleading advertising.

The best minoxidil will ever do (even in large doses taken orally) is allow for some maintenance and minor, barely noticable regrowth/thickening. It's all about keeping what you have in this battle. No drug will take you from a norwood 6 to a norwood 2. I've never seen pics posted here suggesting otherwise. And whenever I do see so-called improvement pics, the lighting, angle, and length of hair always make the after picture look more favorable. I, myself, have gotten regrowth but it's nothing drastic and nothing other people can notice.

I don't have any chest pains on minoxidil (occassional palpatations after applying rogaine), but I'm only taking 5mg. Plus, I'm lucky in the sense that I don't get water retention. I may ask my doc about going on 10mg when I see him next. The chest pains Anatole complains of are probably a result of angina pectoris - caused by fluid accumulation around the heart; cutting off some of the supply of oxygen.

Tachycardia shouldn't cause chest pains and only happens when your blood pressure drops too low. If your resting pulse is below 100 bpm you souldn't worry too much anyway, but I take a beta blocker.

-------------------------
Oral Minoxidil 10 mg
Finasteride 1.25 mg
Nizoral 1% (every other day)
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Loniten is great

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36282 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 242 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 242 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc