hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: INDOLE-3-CARBINOL and DIM
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/18/2004 05:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2004 05:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
resultsnottypical
Regular Poster

Mpbresearch, I was reading your site and found your comments on INDOLE-3-CARBINOL interesting.

I have RRP (recurrent respiratory papilloma), and have had three surgeries to remove paps from my larynx. Fortunately, unlike many others (especially children with this) my voice is 99 percent of what it ever was (thank you ENT laser surgeon), and I have been in remission for two years, most likely for life, according to most studies of those with RRP in their 30s.

When I first learned I had it, I was advised to get on INDOLE-3-CARBINOL , or its more concentrated form, DIM. I have been taking 300 mgs daily of either one, for about three years. I have been on Minox one year, and Propecia for about two months.

I shaved my head normally, for the last three years (razor) so I cannot comment on whether I3C or DIM helped per se, but I think it is interesting, to me at least, to now here that this might be a GOOD thing that I am taking this stuff, as I can lower DHT with my Propecia, and my constant use of I3C/DIM will help reduce the estrogen.

I knew from the research I did on RRP that they said the reason to take I3C/DIM was to reduce the estrogen, or change the "pathway" I think they said, which is believed to be a cause of the growth of papillomas (warts/lesions, etc)...anyone who has ever had a wart in their life is carrying the HPV virus, of course, I just happen to have gotten it in my larynx.

So, I might be a good "case study" of one, I suppose, as I have consistently used I3C/DIM for years, and now I am on Propecia.

Anyhow, I just find it interesting.

By the way, since adding Propecia in July, my hair has literally TAKEN OFF, and I fully expect to be damn near "cured" of MPB by Christmas. I know, I know, you are never cured, but my hair has nearly recovered 100 percent after just a year on Minox and two months on Propecia. Amazing what the addition of the DHT inhibitor did...

Statistics
30770 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 701 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 708 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc