hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How to lower testosterone
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/14/2004 12:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/14/2004 12:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ohnolosingit
Regular Poster

I was wondering if there is a way to naturally lower T levels. I am on propecia and my sex drive is and was never effected so I would assume that lower my T levels could only help,
 09/14/2004 12:16 PM

Author Icon
johnson
Prolific Poster

Stop eating meat and animal fats, which cause t levels to rise. Spencer Kobren recommends the Zone diet. To take it a step further, try the soyzone diet. Studies have shone that t levels drop after eating soy.
 09/14/2004 12:23 PM

Author Icon
ohnolosingit
Regular Poster

Thanks,
I started eating mostly Turkey and Chicken. I also stick to a high fruit/veg diet. I try to eat soy everyday in some form.....soy milk ect...
 09/14/2004 01:11 PM

Author Icon
Socks
Accomplished Poster

You can always cut off your balls

That would lower testosterone
 09/14/2004 01:27 PM

Author Icon
POSITIVE YOUTH
Accomplished Poster

Herb.

just don't use chronically, or else you might get too low.
 09/14/2004 01:37 PM

Author Icon
thisreallysux
Accomplished Poster

smoke marijuana

09/14/2004 02:27 PM

Author Icon
LabRat
Prolific Poster

If, you want a way to balance your hormones and possilbly lower test., you might consider jogging on a regular basis. I to was interested, however drugs are not the way to solve your problem...if anything you are just going to through your hormones out of wack and thats going to do more damage in the long run. I began running a mile and a half everyday (the earlier the better). Not only do i feel more energized but I have also read numerous studies that your resting levels of test tend to be lower for a good amount of time after you run. Running has a way of neutralizing and balancing your hormones as well as other ways of stimulating activities in your body which can nothing but make your body function better than it was. By the way...I have completely stopped shedding hairs and do not lose even one in the shower. Don't underestimate exercise my friend.
 09/14/2004 02:30 PM

Author Icon
Socks
Accomplished Poster

LabRat,

The study I read (sorry didnt seem to archive it ) stated that running only decreases your testosterone if you run till complete exhaustion... Otherwise it says that running increases your testosterone.... Now it might be that any running or strenuous activity will cause a dip in testosterone but from my understanding only "complete exhaustion" running has a "long-term" impact on testosterone.
 09/14/2004 02:34 PM

Author Icon
Socks
Accomplished Poster

BTW, why would anyone want to lower testosterone? From my understanding DHT, not testosterone, is the cause of hairloss. Granted testosterone is needed to "make" DHT via the 5ar enzyme, however if you are blocking 85%-90% of the type 2 5ar enzyme then you should be in good shape.

Testosterone is a good thing for men to have.... Muscles depend on testosterone for growth! In fact, DHT is good too... it just isnt good for the hair
 09/14/2004 02:50 PM

Author Icon
voleur
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Socks
BTW, why would anyone want to lower testosterone? From my understanding DHT, not testosterone, is the cause of hairloss. Granted testosterone is needed to "make" DHT via the 5ar enzyme, however if you are blocking 85%-90% of the type 2 5ar enzyme then you should be in good shape.

Testosterone is a good thing for men to have.... Muscles depend on testosterone for growth! In fact, DHT is good too... it just isnt good for the hair

Testosterone itself as well as other androgens cause hairloss. Dr. P has said this many times. It isn't just dht. DHT is just the most potent. Keep in mind women have androgenic alopecia as well and finasteride has shown to be less effective since other hormones play a more prominent role. I guess it would depend how sensitive one's follicles are to androgens in determining what degree of suppression is necessary.
 09/14/2004 03:03 PM

Author Icon
LabRat
Prolific Poster

I'd bet my bottem dollar that anybody in this forum who runs 1.5miles will be exhausted!
 09/14/2004 04:11 PM

Author Icon
Socks
Accomplished Poster

I'd bet my bottem dollar that anybody in this forum who runs 1.5miles will be exhausted!

You would be probably 98% right

I know myself and a few other guys do some extensive running... I usually aim for a 6min mile, 5-6miles every other day... The only thing that is keeping me back ATM is my freaking legs keep getting cramped up... but my heart and lungs feel like they can go another 5
 08/14/2005 12:53 PM

Author Icon
Red Rose
Accomplished Poster

http://www.folligen.com/folligenformen.html

Many hair growth therapies focus on either reducing testosterone or DHT effects in the body. Many men worry about the potential effects of of reducing testosterone effects. There is actually very little to worry over.

Blood Testosterone and Employment Status

Occupation

Blood Testosterone Level and Standard Deviation 
nanograms/deciliter

Unemployed

720  +   12

Production Workers and 
Assembly Line

705  +    8

Operator and Laborer

695  +   11

Service Industries

690    21

Technical and Sales

668  +    9

Professional or Manager

640  +  10

Farmer

626  +   22

An excellent book on testosterone and behavior is James McBride Dabbs "Heroes, Rogues, and Lovers: Testosterone and Behavior" ( McGraw Hill, 2000).
The above data is from Hill's studies.

In modern advanced cultures, somewhat lower testosterone appear to be of great benefit. Men with highest testosterone levels have lower incomes, lower social status, more unstable relationships, and more difficulty in life. For our ancestors 20,000 years ago, individual strength and aggression were critical to survival. But obtaining rewards in modern cultures usually require patience, cunning, and interpersonal skills.

The use of anti-androgens and DHT blockers may improve male health. Testosterone has often been suspected as a cause of the increased heart disease in men. Studies of men who were castrated in the 1920's in the USA found that they lived an average of 13.6 years longer than comparable men. In contrast, smoking one pack of cigarettes daily reduces one's life span by an average of 4.9 years. (Hamilton & Mesler 1969)

Effects of Testosterone Levels on Behavior

Negatives

Positive

High Testosterone

More Unemployment 
More violent
Less stable relationships 
More Interpersonal conflict 
Lower social status 
More arrests and imprisonment

Better at armed combat 
More muscular
Better at concentrating on single project 
More direct approach to problems 
Better as trial lawyers 
Would have an advantage in a more primitive, less civilized society 

Moderate

In modern, advanced societies there are few negatives 

Higher Income 
More Stable Relationships 
More Social Status 
Higher education 
Better verbal skills
Better as corporate lawyers 

Very Low

Little interest in sex 
Little interest in domination of others 

No male pattern baldness 
Live 13.6 years longer than average men
 08/14/2005 01:26 PM

Author Icon
In the shadow of the Empire State Building
Accomplished Poster

What horseshit.

So when a "professional" loses his job, his testosterone jets up?

Hahahahahaha!!!
Statistics
36352 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 185 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 185 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc