hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Where can I find pure capsaicin at a reasonable price!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/02/2003 04:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/02/2003 04:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mr
Prolific Poster

Hey gang
Lclabs is selling pure capsaicin for $43 per 1 mg which seems like a lot for just 1mg.
I have been looking but have been unable to find any other sources.
Any ideas on where to find some?
Thanks!
 08/02/2003 11:55 AM

Author Icon
Mischief!
Regular Poster

Dude!

Capsaicin is the stuff in side peppers that makes them hot. The hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin. Just cut them open and rub them on your head! I'm getting a juicer next week and I'm going to start mixing raw habenero peppers with raw aloe vera leaves to make my own topical.
 08/02/2003 03:21 PM

Author Icon
tdu
Accomplished Poster

There are also several capsaician creams at the drug stores that contain the same % that I have read was used in the studies. It's pretty cheap for a tube of it.
 08/03/2003 04:30 AM

Author Icon
mr
Prolific Poster

Thanks guys for the info!
Mischief I think you are on to something. I am looking to add some capsaicin to my 5% minox brew of 1000mg of GS,Arginine and MSM. I think habenero pepper juice will do the trick. I guess I just need to figure out how much. I would imagine that I will find out pretty quick if I have added too much. LOL
 08/03/2003 06:47 AM

Author Icon
Gumbo Boy
Accomplished Poster

You can also get dried habanero peppers and just put one in your minox, so you don't have to mess with all the juice. I have tried putting habanero's in minox, but I wouldn't recommend it. When the minox dries, it leaves a fine powder in you hair and every time you brush your hair, the capsaicin dust gets in your eyes, nose, mouth, and lungs and it's like being sprayed in the face with pepper spray. I think that's why capsaicin products are sold in a cream base.

-------------------------
5 mg fin/day
1 application 5% minox/day
Ginger PO shampoo every day
 08/05/2003 01:50 AM

Author Icon
mr
Prolific Poster

Well I tried using a blender with the peppers and got no juice whatsoever. So I added just a little bit of water and tried it again. No luck.
Gumbo thanks for the advice! I think at this point I am going to forget the capsaicin and have just ordered the 70/30, dmso/aloe mix and will just add that to the minox instead.
 08/05/2003 04:25 PM

Author Icon
Mischief!
Regular Poster

Hey Mr.,

Just get a juicer, man. Out of all the money we hairloss guys spend on products, saving up for a juicer shouldn't be such a big deal. And you can start juicing fruits and veggis for over all health.
Statistics
32262 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 14 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 807 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 821 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc