hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Washing Hair Twice A Day
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/04/2003 07:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/04/2003 07:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tja123
Accomplished Poster

I'm trying to wash my hair less (for reasons given by many here about the benefits of not washing your hair rvery single day). However, with my scedule (between work and owrking out using Toppik, etc...), I'm finding that not only am I showering and washing my hair everyday, but on a lot of days I have to wash it TWICE per day.

What advice or knowledge can you guys give for either :1) how to avoid washing so much, or 2) why it might not be so bad to wash twice a day on some days?

Thanks!
 07/05/2003 02:15 AM

Author Icon
tdu
Accomplished Poster

If you are using tons of topicals, and especially coverups you probably won't have much choice. If there is junk all over your scalp, you have to wash it and keep it clean. The only thing I could suggest is not using Toppik when you don't need to. Those days you probably wouldn't have to wash twice. The most I can get away with using Minox is about 2 days before my scalp will feel 'gunky'.

If your hair and scalp condition are fine, then just don't worry about washing twice a day. If you start seeing problems, then worry about it. Some people need to wash their hair more then others.
 07/05/2003 05:00 AM

Author Icon
llens
Prolific Poster

Since I started using Dermatch I wash my hair twice a day. And my scalp feels and looks better than in a long time. So I actually prefer washing twice a day. (I use Minox morning and night).

I think it´s important though not wash for to long and not use to hot water, cause that will really dry your scalp. And use a gentle schampoo ofcourse!

Edited: 07/05/2003 at 05:01 AM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 07/06/2003 03:58 AM

Author Icon
tja123
Accomplished Poster

Thanks, llens.

And what'd you think of Viviscal??

Statistics
32069 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 13 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 867 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 880 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc