hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Men's Health article claims baby aspirin daily
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/17/2003 07:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2003 07:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SpiTFirE
Regular Poster

can help with hair loss. The article states "In the same way that aspirin promotes a healthy heart by facilitating bloodflow and controlling inflamation, it also encourages a healthy scalp. The follicles there need fresh oxygen and nourishment to flourish. If you're not already taking a baby aspirin, it's another reason to start."

Does anyone here agree that taking aspirin daily would be benificial to our hair?
 03/17/2003 07:25 PM

Author Icon
LetsGetHairy
Accomplished Poster

Baby aspirin? Did they mention a dosage? I usually take 1/4 of a 385mg tablet afew times a week.

If it must be baby aspirin, I suppose I could steal some from a baby. Couldn't be any harder than taking their candy, right?
 03/17/2003 07:37 PM

Author Icon
dave134
Regular Poster

I don't know if it's such a great idea. Most of us are using some product that promotes a healthy scalp and probably don't need it. In itself, baby aspirin will not do a thing to grow hair back.
 03/17/2003 09:26 PM

Author Icon
shinningscalp
Prolific Poster

<< baby aspirin will not do a thing to grow hair back >>

You don't necessarily know that. Inflamation caused by an immune response is why we lose our hair. Anything that inhibits inflamation is bound to be of some use. I'm not saying aspirin will regrow full heads of hair but it has been proven to be beneficial in so many other aspects of health that I think it deserves consideration.
 03/17/2003 09:39 PM

Author Icon
Ugly Man 4 Life
Accomplished Poster

i think what shinningscalp meant was the inflammation is a bi-product of hairloss, so in theory if we control the inflammation, we may have some chance of decreasing hairloss... to some extent perhapes..
 03/17/2003 09:42 PM

Author Icon
OrthoMolecularFreak
Accomplished Poster

Taking too much aspirin leads to hearing damage. I don't think that a baby aspirin would, but it's something to be aware of in terms of total aspirin intake.

http://www.consciouschoice.com/holisticmd/hmd1203.html

"Drugs and Medications
Many drugs and medications are ototoxic -- that is, they can cause hearing loss. They range from some common antibiotics to sophisticated designer drugs to...aspirin! Yes, aspirin and other so-called salicylates have been associated with hearing loss and ringing in the ears, especially with high dosages or long-term use. Studies have shown that aspirin combined with noise exposure has a synergistic effect: people who work in a noisy environment and also self-medicate with aspirin suffer greater hearing degradation than would be expected from simply adding the two factors."
 03/17/2003 11:16 PM

Author Icon
Toddler
Accomplished Poster

Yep taking aspirin and painkillers will cause hearing problems. My gf's mum has that problem. She's hears this buzzing/ringing noise 24/7 now and she's 50 years old only.

Toddler
 03/18/2003 06:20 AM

Author Icon
shinningscalp
Prolific Poster

Maybe if you smoke it in a crackpipe or eat aspirin sandwiches. Taken in low doses, aspirin has to be one of the safest drugs out there. We're not talking about high dose painkillers here. 81mg of baby aspirin a day/every other day is harmless.
 03/18/2003 07:10 AM

Author Icon
willaway
Regular Poster

I think I heard in the past that aspirin and alcholol(I mean like Vodka) rubbed on the scalp can help baldness. Anyone hear of this?
 03/18/2003 12:29 PM

Author Icon
shine on
Regular Poster

There was some book, as I recall, that advocated home made potions. One of them contained asprin, vodka, cayenne pepper, and something like alka seltzer. Anyone else remeber the book?
 03/18/2003 03:11 PM

Author Icon
YoYoYo
Accomplished Poster

The aspirin idea is such bullshit. Nevermind that it kills friendly flora in the digestive tract and aggrivates the tissues.

Yeah, real healthy.

Could it be that these studies on aspirin and heart attacks have financial ties? Hmm, maybe.
 03/18/2003 03:12 PM

Author Icon
YoYoYo
Accomplished Poster

<< << baby aspirin will not do a thing to grow hair back >>

You don't necessarily know that. Inflamation caused by an immune response is why we lose our hair. Anything that inhibits inflamation is bound to be of some use. I'm not saying aspirin will regrow full heads of hair but it has been proven to be beneficial in so many other aspects of health that I think it deserves consideration.
>>

Daily aspirin can cause leaky gut syndrome. I don't think that's a positive step for reducing inflammation.
 03/18/2003 09:33 PM

Author Icon
shinningscalp
Prolific Poster

<< The aspirin idea is such bullshit. Nevermind that it kills friendly flora in the digestive tract and aggrivates the tissues. >>

I've met so many people who take aspirin and get leaky gut syndrome. At least 12 people a day come up to me and say 'damnit aspirin gave me leaky gut syndrome'.
 03/18/2003 09:53 PM

Author Icon
OrthoMolecularFreak
Accomplished Poster

Just shows how ignorant most people are of their body when they think they have to depend on a doctor that "practices insurance" in lieu of a doctor more distanced from financial-politics.
 03/19/2003 12:48 PM

Author Icon
shinningscalp
Prolific Poster

<< Just shows how ignorant most people are of their body when they think they have to depend on a doctor that "practices insurance" in lieu of a doctor more distanced from financial-politics. >>

Sooooo..is that a post for or against aspirin? I'm assuming for, since aspirin is not prescribed by doctors and is cheaper than dirt.
 03/19/2003 01:27 PM

Author Icon
YoYoYo
Accomplished Poster

<< << Just shows how ignorant most people are of their body when they think they have to depend on a doctor that "practices insurance" in lieu of a doctor more distanced from financial-politics. >>

Sooooo..is that a post for or against aspirin? I'm assuming for, since aspirin is not prescribed by doctors and is cheaper than dirt.
>>

Don't be so ignorant. Aspirin is a multi-billion dollar industry. If those who profit from the sale of aspirin want more people to buy aspirin, they use the mask of PR to *hire* some scientists to find health benefits with an already laid-out conclusion. This information is fed to doctors. These studies are neither scientific nor whole.

Don't underestimate the power of money and PR.

Two words: junk science.
 03/19/2003 03:32 PM

Author Icon
shinningscalp
Prolific Poster

Yoyo, don't take out your childhood abuses on me. If you don't like aspirin than don't take it, but that doesn't mean that the global pharmaceutical companies are in a conspiracy to forcefeed aspirin to the masses.
Statistics
31509 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 478 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 488 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc