hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is there any Shampoos that unclog hair follicles?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/26/2003 03:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/26/2003 03:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MarkT
Occasional Poster

Hi guys,

I have not exhibited hairloss at the moment at the age of 28. But I have been seeing for a year now, that my hair that do fall out have a solid mass attached to the end of the follicle. It appears that the oils and deadskin have clogged the pore. I tried many shampoos but I still keep getting hair that are plugged at the end of the root with a hard solid substance. When I try to search for hair clogged folices in Google. I got thousands of hairloss products with "clogged hair follicle remover". Being in medicine, I know most of these things are kinda far fetched about how you can have DHT inhibator shampoos that you apply topically on your scalp. You can see my skeptism in these products. By anychance do any of you nice people have a product that you know of that removes clogged hair follicles? Or is this subject not related to hairloss in any form or manner?
 01/26/2003 03:43 PM

Author Icon
HonestAnonymous
Prolific Poster

Nizoral (Ketaconazole) & Head'n'Shoulders helped me regarding hairs with small white stuff attached to the bulb. I dont seem to have them anymore.
 01/26/2003 03:58 PM

Author Icon
MarkT
Occasional Poster

Hello Honest Anonymous,

Do you use Head'n'Shoulders in combination with Nizoral everytime you wash your hair or do you use is twice a week?
 01/26/2003 04:01 PM

Author Icon
HonestAnonymous
Prolific Poster

I use head and shoulders every day/every 2 days. I use nizoral 2-3 times a week, sometimes even less. I follow the nizoral wash with head and shoulders and then a conditioner. Give it a few months though, it takes a while for the results to be visible. I also had sebborheic dermatitis which totally disappeared since I started on Nizoral.
 01/26/2003 11:23 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

There is no such thing as hair loss being caused by a blocked follicles and no need to "unblock follicles" If it was the case we would not have hair loss in a specific predetermined pattern, also people who live on the street and dont usually wash often have thick matted hair.

Wash your hair every day and use Nizoral a few times a week like the others suggested. But dont waste your money on the so called follicle unblocking shampoos.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
Statistics
31866 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1812 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1819 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc