hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Toppik vs Nanogen...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/08/2002 12:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/08/2002 12:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wildriff
Accomplished Poster

Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering the use of Toppik, but I've also heard about a newer product called Nanogen which seems to be very similar...but since it's newer I was wondering how it compares, and if maybe it's worth looking into over Toppik?

Has anyone had experience with both, or Nanogen only? Many thanks for the help!

All the best,
J
 12/08/2002 06:31 PM

Author Icon
bap4201
Accomplished Poster

Hi wildriff,

I have had experience w/ Toppik and like the product. Have not had any experience w/ Nanogen. Perhaps you should try it and report your opinions for all of us?
 12/08/2002 07:23 PM

Author Icon
shame
Occasional Poster

Holy cow Bap, you seem to have regrown almost all your hair!!! WOW!!! Good for you man!! Wow I can't belive how much hair you regrew.
 12/08/2002 09:43 PM

Author Icon
sickmen
Regular Poster

Nanogen is better MUCH better than Toppik because it's a little cheaper and the particles of Nanogen is far finer than Toppik which creates more natural look.
Iâ??ve also tried Hairsoreal. This product is even cheaper than Nanogen but itâ??s made out of synthetic fibers.
Right now, Iâ??m using a product called, Dermatch.
Which is far cheaper than Toppik and more natural and it does not come off while you swimming.
If you choose between Toppik and Nanogen then my two thumbs goes to Nanogen.
 12/08/2002 11:06 PM

Author Icon
fliper167
Regular Poster

In reference to dermatch as you mentioned ive tried it and noticed a lot of hair fall out. It scared the hell out of me. I also tried this was about 9 yrs ago, that old hair spray in a spray can. Terrible but that was a while ago. Im wondering the products ive tried made my hairs fall out terrible. so this newer products like toppik or the other one u mentioned are u sure they are safe to use?????? because i cant afford to lose any more hair . any info thanks
 12/09/2002 03:30 AM

Author Icon
Troymaclure
Accomplished Poster

i have tried nanogen and agree the fibres are finer and it is of course cheaper...however i find two disadvantages to it:

1.) The container has no removable lid like toppik, so you can't tell how much you have left, which has obvious disadvantages if you rely heavily on it and find out one day you have none left and haven't yet ordered a replacement!
2.) The light brown colour is unlike any light brown colour i've ever seen in my life, it's kind of ginger almost..

On the plus-side...it is a bit cheaper and the particles do seem a little finer, which may suit thinner hair
 12/11/2002 08:49 AM

Author Icon
MrTelogen
Accomplished Poster

Troy,
I forgot to tell you in the other forum that you were correct about the nano fibers.I returned it.Toppik is easier to apply.After a few days I got sick of doing a workout just to get the stuff to come out of the container.I have also discovered that you can open the Nano lid by pulling up on the screen.Opening toppik is better for sure.
 12/11/2002 08:52 AM

Author Icon
Troymaclure
Accomplished Poster

hey Mr. T - yup i did find i had to have fingers of iron to try and tap some of the fibres out when i tried it...it's the packaging that amazes me, i mean, it's all quite flash and i reckon they could sell it at half the price in a normal little tub like toppik is (shows how overpriced toppik is too of course )

11/14/2006 10:07 AM

Author Icon
Pats205
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: sickmen
Nanogen is better MUCH better than Toppik because it's a little cheaper and the particles of Nanogen is far finer than Toppik which creates more natural look.

Iâ??ve also tried Hairsoreal. This product is even cheaper than Nanogen but itâ??s made out of synthetic fibers.

Right now, Iâ??m using a product called, Dermatch.

Which is far cheaper than Toppik and more natural and it does not come off while you swimming.

If you choose between Toppik and Nanogen then my two thumbs goes to Nanogen.

The fibers in Hair so Real are larger??? Would this give more of a thickening look compared to Toppik??

Statistics
32242 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 755 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 761 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc