hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hair transplant in Turkey
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2019 09:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2019 09:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Alcyone
Accomplished Poster

Is getting a hair transplant in Turkey safe? I know regulations are lax there and bribes are paid to officials to overlook violations. Do clinics there sterilize their equipment? Is there a risk of infection (HIV, hepatitis, etc). Can anyone recommend a clinic where the doctor actually does the work rather than the nurses / technicians?

-------------------------
Oral Minoxidil 10 mg
Finasteride 1.25 mg
Nizoral 1% (every other day)
 03/04/2019 05:16 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

You have to be careful. There are some good clinics and a lot of bad ones too.

Here are two reputable Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey.

https://hairlossdoc.com/dr/koray-erdogan/

https://hairlossdoc.com/dr/hakan-doganay/

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 03/06/2019 06:36 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

In my opinion going to Turkey is like going to a giant flea market. You might find a treasure if you look long are hard enough but you can also find a crust of bread in a garbage can if you look long and hard enough. It doesn't mean you should eat it as the risks are too high.

Or you can go to a place like Belgium and choose just about anyone. It's like shopping on Rodeo drive and if you fully understood the ramifications of this procedure you would wait and save for that trip on Rodeo drive. Buy something nice and observe the people in the area.

I will say what I do like about Turkey is you don't hear too much about tattooing heads it's mostly hair transplants so that got that part right in my opinion.

And in the defense of some of these Turkish clinics, some of these patients coming forward with complaints seem to be absolutely clueless. Their results are in fact what I would consider dense for a hair transplant they just didn't understand the procedure. Most would be ecstatic with the same result. If anything those types of complaints are simply patients that were not adequately informed. Hair transplantation is 50% density or less so if you have 50% density currently then you are not a good candidate and an ethical clinic will simply tell you that up front. They will lose the business short term but gain credibility long term.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 03/06/2019 at 10:12 AM by topcat
 03/08/2019 12:05 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

You joined in 2005 and have over a thousand posts, I think you already know the answer.
 03/10/2019 05:54 PM

Author Icon
Alcyone
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: tommo

You joined in 2005 and have over a thousand posts, I think you already know the answer.

Ummm... No, I didn't know the answer, which is why I posted the question. Up until now I focused my treatment solely on medication and topicals. Now that I'm in a better financial position and can afford an FUE transplant out of pocket, I'm researching the best options.

Thank you Farrel and topcat for the information. I'll look into the two referenced Turkish doctors and clinics in Belgium.

Oral Minoxidil 10 mg
Finasteride 1.25 mg
Nizoral 1% (every other day)
 03/11/2019 01:49 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Here's the bottom line find a doctor that represents himself or has an in house advisor that is accountable. Then meet patients, as many as possible to understand what a hair transplant can do. This means you absolutely have to meet up with NW6 patients so you can fully understand what is possible. Hair transplantation is see through depending on the angle and the light which is fine if performed with skill and the patient understands the limitations.

All these celebrity postings and all these young guys with minimum hair loss cases constantly posted are simply marketing in a way that is very often deceptive and it's a red flag. It's telling you something. Why is a clinic doing this? What's up?

Meet people in their home. If they are not willing to do that there is a good chance if they visit these forums or anywhere else online on a daily basis more than likely they are full of crap and simply marketing. They are worried about the repercussions.

Marketers are good at the bullshit. They can talk up a storm and of course the young and desperate become easy prey. It all looks real and honest but most of it is not. Here is an example of marketer. It's hard to believe it until people see it in black and white like the John of God case. Many of these marketers are in fact drunks. Why because normal people do not do what they do so they need to self medicate.

If you are considering a doctor heavily tied to a marketer ask yourself why does he need to be tied to a marketer if his work stands out above the rest.

Quote from a formerly very wealthy marketer before he had a judgment against him of $500M plus time in prison. These people are in many industries. Once you understand how they operate it's easy to see them as they stand out. When you can get to that point where you can pick up on the bullshit then you will be ready to consider the procedure, just my opinion.

"GET 3 - 4 BOTTLES OF WINE...THEN SIT AROUND AND MAKE SHIT UP!!" he wrote. "THAT'S WHAT I DO...BUT WRITE IT ALL DOWN OR YOU'LL FORGET IT THE NEXT DAY."

Enzyte

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/11/2019 02:36 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Sorry for being so blunt mate. Just reading through your other topic about quitting finasteride and it seems you might be making a choice out of desperation.
As you said you're hair is falling out quickly and you expect to be pretty bald quite soon.
I would hate for you to make a bad decision that can't be changed.
Please post some photos showing your donor and your loss, then see if it's even worth getting a ht.
 03/12/2019 06:20 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Alcyone, I'd ask Joe Tillman - he's at www.hairtransplantmentor.com - I think he's a good guy to talk to.

I'm NOT shilling for him and I've never even met him, but I think he's a decent guy who knows his stuff and I've been watching him post for 15 years. He did a couple of great youtube videos on his Turkey HT investigations.

Note: Farrel, if you are unhappy with me mentioning the link please take it down or I'll take it down if you ask me to. BTW Farrel, just out of interest Spencer Kobren and Joe were doing a video on the HT industry and Spencer was saying how your efforts in the industry (particularly with FUE) are underappreciated. I think he's right.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
Statistics
36331 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 193 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 193 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc