hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: FREE at last, SMP to conceal scar!!! I couldn't be happier!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2018 03:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2018 03:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Gents,

I've been waiting for 17 years to free myself from this HT nightmare. Last time I posted on this forum was back in 2007, almost 10 years ago...

Here is a quick summary of my journey:

9/2001 - Had a 1,000 graft transplant (strip) at MHR in Miami, FL
06/2006 - Had a scar revision by Dr. Wolf, trycho closure, using gold sutures.
05/2016 - Had 200 FUE into the scar by Dr. Wolf

As my hair loss kept progressing I had to cut the top with a 3 guard (2.5mm), the sides with a 4 (3.5mm) guard, and the back with a 7 guard (6.5mm) (Panasonic ER-GB80). It was a joke. It made me look much older than what I was, but didn't have the guts to expose a head scar (I work in an office setting in corporate America). My scar was not that thick, but still was noticeable if I were to dare go anything shorter than a 7 guard.
I had accepted my fate and had been living with it, secretly hoping for something...

A while back I heard about Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) made some appointments locally in San Francisco (I'm in Northern California) but didn't end up going. Folks I spoke to seemed a bit pushy, wanted to schedule me in, and jump onto the procedure. I did some research and realized that not all places used the same ink, not all of the practitioners had the same level of experience/skills, etc. Just didn't want to be rushed into anything.

Months went by and recently, I found Zang SMP (http://zangsmp.com/). I spoke to Zang himself, and he shared all of the information I was looking for. I sent him a couple of pictures of the back of my head, and they said they could definitely help me. At this point I was not ready for getting my full head SMP'd but only the scar. I wanted to take it one step at a time. I decided to take the plunge and made the appointment.
A week later I buzzed my head to a 1 guard (0.5mm) and flew down to LA. This was the first time I buzzed my head in 17 years!!! I had to wear a cap at the airport to hide that scar (although it wasn't that bad). Dr. Wolf's FUE had really done a lot to conceal it. Definitely want to send a shot out to Dr. Wolf, one of the most caring doctors you will ever meet. His staff was awesome too.

I arrived at Zang SMP. This was indeed a great experience. After my first session, I could barely see the scar (had some redness though which disappeared in 3 days). I had a 2nd session a week after. That session was not noticeable after 1 day, almost no redness or any discomfort. The guys at Zang made me feel at home. They were extremely empathetic, and very professional.

This Friday (November 23rd) will be 6 weeks since my 2nd session - which is the time they'd said the results would be final. I can't tell you how ELATED I am. I never thought I could get back the opportunity to buzz my head, sweat, be in the rain, and not have to deal with my hair, or in this case a scar. Since my 2nd session, I've been buzzing my head (all of it) with a guard 1 ½ (1mm). Nothing, nada, nobody has noticed ANYTHING - even my girlfriend - who didn't even know I had a scar or had an HT. She loved the fact that I was all of a sudden sporting a buzz cut - so did some ladies at the gym, and at work

Zang CHANGED my life.

Maintenance-wise, I might have to get a touch up every couple of years, which should be quick and not costly at all.

Sorry if I missed any details - I am just so excited to be FREE once again!

I've attached lots of pictures and labeled them to help illustrate my situation. My pictures from week 6 are not great but didn't have access to a better camera. Happy to try and snap new ones if anyone wants these.

Cheers,

Jay

Edited: 11/21/2018 at 07:29 PM by jabast
 11/22/2018 12:10 AM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Looks really good mate. I also had a similar treatment done but the ink just bled and turned blue and had to be lasered off, I then had a smaller session done which did pretty much the same, so I definitely won't be doing that again, might have something to do with skin types maybe.
I glad it worked for you.
 11/22/2018 07:40 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Very nice work by Dr. Wolf.

Thankfully you only had 1000 grafts and stopped. Many young guys today are still being misled believing they have more grafts long term then they actually do. Many pounding the frontal area simply because they believe the hype.

Your case gives many a chance to see the long term picture. Most especially the 20-30 year old demographic where the marketers understand the emotive response will over ride the logical response and the marketers take full advantage of it.

These same 20-30 year olds need to closely examine your pictures of the donor area and start doing the math in their head.

Sounds like you have been let out of prison ........congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

Many young guys today are only starting to feel the devastation of having signed up for an ill advised procedure. They have decades ahead of them to contemplate.

It would be nice if you could tell us more about the work Dr. Wolf did on your scar. Only if you feel like it though.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 11/22/2018 at 09:12 AM by topcat
 11/22/2018 12:47 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Great points as usual topcat. It would great to see some before pics from just the work that dr wolf did into the scar.
 11/22/2018 01:17 PM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Tommo, thank you for your comments. Give Zang a call, there might be something he could do for you. I hear ink and technique make a huge difference. Not an expert though.

Topcat, thank you for your comments - Indeed, I am no longer in HT jail! Your points are spot on. I was only 28 when I first got that first and only HT and immediately realized that it was a mistake. I was not a good candidate given my family history of baldness - but of course I was not going to be told that by a doctor trying to make a buck.

The main reason why I posted this is to share my story so folks don't go the same route I did (HT) but also give folks out there hope: there are some options available now that can help reverse/conceal their current situation.

Here is an old thread detailing what Dr. Wolf did on my scar: ">http://www.hairlosshel.../fo.....light_key=y

The pictures labeled Before SMP (1), (2) & (3) on my first post on this thread show the work from Dr. Wolf from 2006 and 2016.

Hope this helps.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited: 12/06/2018 at 08:41 AM by jabast
 11/22/2018 01:32 PM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Gents,
Attached a couple of better pics, from today. Left and right using an iPhone and mirror.
Cheers.

11/23/2018 02:07 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The main reason why I posted this is to share my story so folks don't go the same route I did (HT)

Good advice and thanks for the link everyone should read the thread.

Unfortunately many young guys will end up in the same boat only the problems will be different. Massive FUE sessions will eventually lead to bald donor areas given enough time. Many simply do not have the information or refuse to believe it buying into the hype of what can be achieved long term.

Thanks for coming back and posting. I'm happy for you because I can feel what you feel.

All the best.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 11/25/2018 04:36 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Below is a picture of the poster Gringoloco he just started a thread on Hairsite where he posts as CarlCounts. The bastards that were selling strip really did a job on him. So many young guys could have had FUE so long ago but the marketers sucked them into the horror of the strip while they posted lies about FUE to fool the young boys.

Gringo tried the tattoo dots a couple of times and it didn't work out for him so it's going to depend on the scar.

We also have the poster Lorenzo who ended up with a recurrence of cancer after each tattoo procedure that he had with the second one traveling to the brain. Granted he was tattooing his whole head one does need to take note of this and consider the long term implications where more ink is being used.

Edited: 11/25/2018 at 02:21 PM by topcat
 11/25/2018 03:18 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

There's no way tattoo dots are going to help that, I'm super interested in companies like recell from Australia not to be confused with acell and PolarityTE to help with scar repair, check them out.
 12/04/2018 02:57 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

I'm looking at the pictures before SMP and frankly they look very good, Dr Wolf did some incredible work concealing your scar, probably the best I've ever seen. I'm not knocking SMP because I'm sure it made it better but I think you could have got away without it.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 12/06/2018 08:08 AM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Skywalker, thank you for your comments - I do agree with you. Dr. Wolf and his team did a fantastic job on my scar. However, the scar was noticeable up close. I just didn't want to deal with people's questions, stares, etc.

When I visited Zang SMP, Zang said I didn't really need SMP - since the cases for HT repair he usually sees are much worse. But after we talked about it, he did say that SMP could make the scar virtually unnoticeable.

So far, 8 weeks into the 2nd session, the results had been nothing short of life-changing. I am buzzing my head every 3 days and it looks/feels great. Extremely happy.
 12/07/2018 05:28 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Jabast..........can you post a picture of your recipient area shaved. I'm sure others would find it helpful on what to expect. Of course all cases are different but none the less.

Only if you feel comfortable, thanks.

Oh btw Dr. Wolf was on my list going back 10-15 years ago. There were only a few doctors doing the right thing at the time in my opinion. Woods, Cole, Bisanga, MaWamba, and Wolf. The rest were still trying to suck the last few drops of Strip juice with the help of online marketers. Now all of sudden we are suppose to believe these same doctors and marketers are good guys.

I needed body and beard hair which limited my choices even further. Bisanga was a Godsend for me.

I always wondered why Dr. Wolf didn't participate in the forums much and my gut told me that maybe it was seeing all the marketers working the young boys. At first glance it would strike most as being very shady and marketing fraud. Okay I will get off my soap box but of course watching all the online activity for close to 20 years now one understands it all better and the disgust starts to set in.

If you could with the frontal pictures great. Your case reminds me of another poster I believe John (something). He did the exact same procedure as you with Cole and it looked fantastic. Even so he still felt tattooing would take it to the next level. I don't necessarily agree but we all have to make our own choices.

Thanks again for posting your case.

Edited: 12/07/2018 at 05:36 AM by topcat
 12/10/2018 09:09 AM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Hey topcat, I've attached:

- One picture from 2007 (the one that shows the scar area only, buzzed)
- Three pictures from 2016 (the ones with the scar area and the donor area buzzed) right before the FUE session with Dr. Wolf.

I hope these help.

LMK if you'd like to see anything else. I am happy to share if my experience can help anyone out there.

Cheers

12/10/2018 02:13 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Thank you Jabast.

I was wondering if you could post a photo of your current frontal area shaved. Just curious how it looks. When I see video of Joe Rogan his shaved frontal area really looks good at least on video. I'm sure some others might find it helpful especially those in need of a repair. Sometimes the best repair for many can just be shaving it off as opposed to endless surgeries.

Thanks again much appreciated.

12/10/2018 08:26 PM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

You're welcome, Topcat.

The good thing is that my 1,100 graft transplant was focused on the crown, so the front was not touched at all. I'm attaching 2 pictures, one of the front and a bit of side/frontal angle. These are not shaved but using a 1 guard. On the front one I tilted my head down to show a bit more of the top of my head.

Re: Rogan looks good F2F (I've seen him from 5 feet away) but his scar is pretty wide, and looks fairly red. I think it has to do with his complexion. He openly says he doesn't give a **** about his scar now, and he acts consistently with what he says.

Thank you for trying to help young guys see what's really going with HT's so they understand the pros/cons and don't let money-hungry marketers/"doctors" take their money but most importantly prey on their lack of confidence, and ultimately impact their entire lives.

IMG_3392.jpg
IMG_3392.jpg  (192 KB)
IMG_3393.jpg
IMG_3393.jpg  (520 KB)

12/11/2018 05:31 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

You look great in fact you have the look of the 2000's. It's not the Joe Biden, Donald Trump, Oliver Stone, Silvio Berlusconi, Nicolas Cage, Richard Simmons, and on and on we go look of someone that has had a hair procedure and didn't quite understand the long term math.

You have the look of an MMA fighter and that is the look of the 2000's for young men that want to exude masculinity and not one of these effeminate hair transplant marketers that have been on hair medications so long they now have giant man boobs.

God has blessed you and I am happy for you because I can feel what you feel.

Yes way too much marketing fraud going on that needs to be addressed. I posted almost 10 years ago about a person known as John of God to try and wake up some of these young guys. I know someone that actually went to see this John of God person because they were dying of Cancer and were desperate. The person gave the guy his life savings and then died. The worst position to be in when you are making a decision is to be desperate because that is where the predators (marketers) are lurking as in the ht industry. It seems John of God was curing the cancer of some by lifting up their skirts in the back room and penetrating them anally because that is how it works.

Young men need to wake up you are being given the opportunity to have access to information that was kept hidden in the past. Stop listening to deceivers or you will pay a hefty price.

John of God.....if you keep repeating the same bullshit over and over and over again people start to believe you and that is exactly what the marketers do.

John of God

12/11/2018 06:20 PM

Author Icon
jabast
Occasional Poster

Thank you Topcat for your comments and support.

In a way, this is a second chance, which I truly thought was not possible. Buzzing my hair down to almost shaved is a dream come true. Not having to worry about my scar showing, or using different clipper lengths and trying to blend things anymore is just such a great feeling.

Again, very appreciative of you Topcat and many others who were very supportive when I was active in the forums a bunch of years ago.

Happy to answer any questions. Cheers.

Edited: 12/13/2018 at 09:29 PM by jabast
Statistics
36291 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 242 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 242 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc