hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can you sue for a bad hairtransplant?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/18/2018 05:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/18/2018 05:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I continually see this question asked online. Here are some thoughts feel welcome to chime in.

Of course you can sue for a bad hair transplant but winning that suit is another story. It could end up costing you more then you win while dragging out over time because what looks like crap to you in the mirror could very well look acceptable to many others which means you could lose the case too.

Where the real money is to be found is suing for marketing fraud. Before you decided to have a procedure what exactly did you believe? Why did you believe that? Where exactly did you read or hear about it? Did you find it to be true or false? Who did you go to for a procedure and why? Were they the best option or did you just believe that at the time and why? Did you find out that the doctor you chose was not the best option but only after the procedure? Were you misled by moderators? Were you misled by marketers?

When information is knowingly manipulated most especially online then the purveyors become publishers making them liable for the content. If the content presented is false but you believed it and signed up for a service that profitted then that is marketing fraud. That is where the big money can be found. Whether you go it alone or part of a class action the answer is yes you can sue. Posters, moderators, publishers, anyone making a profit where the consumer was harmed has liability and the awards are absolutely huge so don't ever believe you have no legal recourse because you do.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 11/29/2018 08:21 AM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Don't see why not but aren't there liability agreements that the patient signs before the procedure that limits any recourse? I have heard of cases of doctors being sued for bad plastic surgery so it all depends on the law and whether and how much liability agreements protect incompetence. Anyone who considers this should look into all of that before going ahead.
 11/30/2018 06:37 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The big paydays will be found in suing for marketing fraud.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
Statistics
36320 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 169 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 169 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc