hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Should you consume a whey protein shake for your hair?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/29/2018 06:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/29/2018 06:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Should you consume a whey protein shake for your hair? Absolutely not in my opinion. It was originally a waste product and it should have been left that way 40 years ago. Of course someone realized they could make money from it and yes raw whey does have a benefit but dred up powder sitting in a plastic canister that more then likely comes from cows fed grain and/or hormones/antibiotics is a very bad idea. Most importantly it is very insulinogenic which creates inflammation in the body while also making it much harder to stay lean. With all the fat soluble vitamins removed the chance of the calcium ending up in your joints and arteries is much higher because they determine what happens to the minerals. Before you know it you need an operation on your knees and shoulders or worse yet have calcium built up in your heart valves.

You set yourself up for long term damage in my opinion. Yes I used whey protein when it first came out back in the early 80's. You could not buy it in the store and it was shipped in from Denmark at least where I was buying it. I had a runny nose for about 20 years and thought it was just something normal for me and never tied it to this crap I was drinking. Low and behold when I gave up the crap I could suddenly breath normal again. Lesson learned stick with real food.

If a marketer is trying to selling you a protein shake for your hair he is simply trying to make a buck. Yes it all sounds very appealing and believable and that is why it's such a big seller/money maker. Marketers works any angle they can and selling protein shakes for the hair is simply they side hustle. Don't be duped.

Same applies to MSM powder if you want sulfur eat pastured eggs a natural source and the K2 within the egg of a pastured hen will keep you arteries clean and your bones/joints strong. You can't monetize information with eggs. In fact if you really take a look at robust health there really is not much money to be made in the truth. Once you understand that concept you will be on your way because you no longer buy into the marketing.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 07/29/2018 at 08:00 AM by topcat
 07/29/2018 07:53 PM

Author Icon
x
Prolific Poster

Never knew that about whey protein. I bet a lot also don't know that blackstrap molasses is a waste product that was originally meant for animals and plants but I began taking a tablespoon each morning with warm water and now can't live without it. Don't know what exactly the benefits are, they claim it's high in minerals like magnesium and iron but do we really know? Considering what it is it's awfully expensive but the brand I use has a nice sweet, mellow taste.
 07/31/2018 11:09 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Looks like the food highest in k2 is the Japanese dish Natto made from fermented soybeans.
 08/01/2018 01:53 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Yes plan on giving Natto a try sometime soon.

M7 which stays in the blood much longer that M4 from what I have read.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 08/06/2018 02:05 AM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

Always learning something new from you topcat. Thanks for sharing. Do you recommend any supplements that may help though? Is there a better protein a person can take?

I am trying to find the best day to day lean muscle diet plan.
-Eggs (about 8) daily - Hardboiled
-Tuna with crackers
-Yogurt
-Granola Bar
-Bluberries/Raspberries
-Black Coffee
-Salmon or grilled Chicken/Steak
-Oatmeal
-Pasta

Do you recommend anything to add to this or omit?
 08/06/2018 06:58 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Hey Sean when you hard boil an egg you are oxidizing the cholesterol in the yolk. In my opinion raw is better but if you need to cook them ideally sunnyside up just enough to cook the whites while keeping the yolks still cool or maybe soft boiled.

No on the pasta, granola bars, crackers. Raises insulin levels and contributes to inflammatory type diseases while raising bodyfat levels.

I'm not sure what chicken steak is but in general chickens are fed a diet heavy in soy. Makes them grow very fast on the cheap. The phyto estrogens get into the meat/eggs while the meat ends up disproportionately high in omega 6 which can be inflammatory. If you are buying pastured chicken consuming soy free feed that is different but you would need to find a farmer as it's not available retail.

I would add pastured beef or wild game. High in omega 3, CLA and B vitamins. Preferably organ meats (heart & liver) as the nutrient density is much higher (CoQ10, Retinol)

There is no supplement I can think of that can't be better sourced through food.

Whey protein is especially shit in my opinion. I used it for about 20 years and then dumped it. The difference was easy to see when I went 100% food. These guys selling whey are trying to monetize and that is it. No one it going to tell you the truth because then no one makes money. Same applies to ht you will get the truth from someone that does not work in the industry and actually has decades of experience. If you are listening to a marketer you are already at a disadvantage.

I can't believe I wasted so many years with supplements. What a giant waste of time. But everything comes down to having information and it's not any different than with hair transplantation. Sometimes it takes years and years to gather all the good information. Yes there is lots of shit information consistently put out there by marketers and that doesn't do anyone any good in fact it's just the opposite.

Edited: 08/06/2018 at 02:23 PM by topcat
 08/06/2018 09:32 AM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

Top, you should definitely write a book and post things like this on thd bodybuilding forums. That's where my confusion started with supplements and proper diet plans. You got a lot of experts that seem to spurt bullshit there with telling me to drink 4-5 protein shakes a day and etc.

What you wrote definitely makes sense. Your physique at 53 looks prime and most guys on these proteins and creatines can't even build a body like that in their 30's, yet you are ripped at 53.

What I meant by steak is beef steak. But i will drop the items you told me to take off. I will try the diet starting this week and see how it progresses in the months ahead. It's good to do it natural and get sources of nutrition naturally.

Whey protein is expensive and shit. It causes bloating too.

Completely agree with what you wrote man. Thanks for the insight.
 08/06/2018 05:55 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

Topcat is m7 k3
 08/07/2018 05:49 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Tommo Vitamin K3 is some type of synthesized chemical. I don't know much about it and had to look it up. M7 denotes the structural bonds of the K7. Same as with fatty acids when you see Omega 3, 6, 9, etc. Seven would be 7 bonds and the source of the K2 will determine the bond. MK4 comes mostly from pastured animal products with Goose liver being the highest which kind of fits in with the French Paradox. Then you have eggs, butter, beef, liver, dairy, etc all pastured.

The supplements of K2 M4 are mostly synthetic your best choice is food.

The highest K2 can be found in Natto the fermented soybean dish. I still haven't tried it yet. The M7 from soy stays in the blood much longer than the MK4 so unless you are eating pastured products every day which I do the MK7 might be the better option. You could probably eat one serving of Natto/wk.

Note the different levels with eggs more than likely it's related to the diet of the hen.

Edited: 08/07/2018 at 10:53 AM by topcat
 08/07/2018 03:12 PM

Author Icon
tommo
Prolific Poster

I thought there was a connection between the two must have miss read it. I read somewhere k2 can be made when k1 and k3 come into contact and that k3 was bacteria derived.
A lot to take in
Statistics
36316 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 176 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 176 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc