hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bald Men Perceived As More Attractive, Dominant, Study Says
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/18/2017 11:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2017 11:19 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
RMAN
Regular Poster

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/20...active-dominant-study/

NEW YORK (CBSLocal) - According to a new study, bald really is beautiful. Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania have released the results of a survey that found that men who have shed their hair are more attractive.

The study was composed of three major tests given to students on campus. Male and female students were asked to rate photos of men according to attractiveness, confidence, and dominance. Some of the photos also digitally removed hair from some of the pictures to show the same person with and without their locks.

According to the researchers, the bald men won out in all three categories. The study also says men who willingly ditch their hair are perceived as more appealing because they've gone against the traditional norms associated with hair and vitality.

"Choosing to dispense with one's hair is arguably a form of nonverbal behavior, a form of expression which communicates information about the self otherwise difficult to observe," researchers write.

''Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.'' - Larry David

The findings also claim that bald men, being perceived as more dominant, will do better in business and economically overall. Based on their study, researchers at Penn also suggest that men beginning to lose their hair just let it happen.

"Instead of spending billions each year trying to reverse or cure their hair loss, the counter-intuitive prescription of this research to men experiencing male pattern baldness is to shave their heads."

-------------------------
Rogaine Foam : 1x a day
Nizoral 1% Shampoo: Every 3 days
 09/22/2017 12:19 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

This is an interesting article, but ultimately it comes down to the individual. Some men are able to accept their hair loss, and pull off the look. However, many others are not able to do this, for it has a strong and negative psychological impact over them.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 09/23/2017 12:35 PM

Author Icon
RMAN
Regular Poster

I agree with you. I know many guys who pull it off. I have a friend who has the shave look with a well done goatee who gets many women flirting with him and their number. he's also built, knows how to dress and is confident.
I'm fighting MPB until it's obvious that i'm losing the battle. but if I lose it, I will accept it and live my life with confidence just like i'm living it now.

Rogaine Foam : 1x a day
Nizoral 1% Shampoo: Every 3 days

Edited: 09/23/2017 at 12:42 PM by RMAN
 09/24/2017 11:21 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

will accept it and live my life with confidence just like i'm living it now.

Good for you.........times have changed and the hair band area of the 70's 80's and 90's is over. Plenty of pop culture icons out there with thinning hair and they are out there for a reason. They embrace who they are and it's the confidence they exude even with hair loss that matters more.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 09/29/2017 09:03 PM

Author Icon
Fat-Elvis
Accomplished Poster

Let's get real some men just look bad bald. You need a particular face to pull off the bald look and a lot of men don't have it.

Age 33- NW2.5/3, no crown loss knock on wood

quit fin/minox years ago. currently:
-Regenepure shampoo 4-5 times a week
-Neogenic
-salicylic acid (Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid) before applying neo
-MSM pills
 09/30/2017 09:53 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Fat-Elvis

Let's get real some men just look bad bald. You need a particular face to pull off the bald look and a lot of men don't have it.

Let´s get real also regarding today's society.
Commercials, marketing is our standard nowadays, and they understand that it influences people.

So there is money to gain, and make people adapt to it.
Loose weight, get six packs , tanned get surgery, pills etc...$$$$$

It´s right in front of our noses.
Statistics
36096 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 281 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 281 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc