hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Replicel's results for phase 1 are in
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/18/2017 09:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2017 09:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
richhairman
Accomplished Poster

03/18/2017 09:13 AM

Author Icon
richhairman
Accomplished Poster

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...licels-124500168.html

The good news is it is safe,. The bad news is it was not that effective. Similar results to finiasteride.
 03/18/2017 10:05 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

It's part of the process and most biotech and larger drug companies all work it the same way. Maybe when they start tweaking it the results will improve. Sometimes it's just a matter of the having the right protocol.

Makes sense for anyone considering surgery to hold off and those worried about orals that lower dht to wait it out. Usually phase II takes about 2 years total then you will have a better idea. Hopefully we will see the marketers working the forums advise the same most especially with putting surgery on hold.

"This trial involved the injection of a very high dose of DSCC in order to identify any potential toxicity ceiling in accordance with the primary safety objectives of the trial.

"We expect cell number and long-term cell survival to be correlative with hair density efficacy. Next-phase trials will be designed to test repeated injection sessions with smaller cell doses than were used in this study."

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 03/18/2017 at 10:35 AM by topcat
 03/18/2017 03:48 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: richhairman

">http://finance.yahoo.c...ws/.....500168.html

The good news is it is safe,. The bad news is it was not that effective. Similar results to finiasteride.

thats fcuking great news to me

so you have a maintenance treatment like fin but with no sides

when is this fcuking thing coming to market?
 03/18/2017 03:50 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

how long would you say till it hits the market topcat? 5 years?
 03/18/2017 04:25 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sunchyme anything is possible maybe 4 years if everything goes well but longer if there are problems along the way. Too many variables involved. For example some companies find themselves having to repeat phase 2 for whatever reason but there are many other reasons for delays. Safety is a big issue so that's a big hurdle to clear. Hopefully it all moves along smoothly.

They should have no problem filling multiple trials.

Young guys should feel good about the progress so far. Just wait it out it benefits you. Not only in reducing your risk but with any type of loss time usually helps one better deal with it.

4 years might seem like a long time but when you weigh it against scarring up your head and maybe ending with a poor result, or possible impotence it seems to be worth the wait.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/18/2017 08:01 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

fcuk it man. im tired of all this waiting bullshit. its so fcking tedious. it comes out when it comes out. i dont expect anything to hit the market at an affordable price for 10 years at least. which is fine. ill be in my 40s, but whatever.

hair transplants are a joke. not doing that without side effect free maintenance treatment. so im fcuked until then. ill just go the way of kelly slater. get fit, get tanned and buzz it. i think he looks good

id like to get some coverage but it just doesnt look good cut short. looks like voipman has forgotten about me lol, so i cant see what he looks like. this whole industry is sh1t
 03/19/2017 07:04 PM

Author Icon
richhairman
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: sunchyme1

fcuk it man. im tired of all this waiting bullshit. its so fcking tedious. it comes out when it comes out. i dont expect anything to hit the market at an affordable price for 10 years at least. which is fine. ill be in my 40s, but whatever.

hair transplants are a joke. not doing that without side effect free maintenance treatment. so im fcuked until then. ill just go the way of kelly slater. get fit, get tanned and buzz it. i think he looks good

id like to get some coverage but it just doesnt look good cut short. looks like voipman has forgotten about me lol, so i cant see what he looks like. this whole industry is sh1t

Replicel are working with Shiseido, a Japanese company that did say they could have the treatment out by next year

http://replicel.com/recent_cov...mmercial-launch-2018/

That's because there's less regulations in japan, but don't get your hopes up, I don't expect them to have it available next year.
 03/19/2017 08:57 PM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

This is still great news. There is a level of efficacy. It is better then none. I wonder if they take former hair transplant patients for their trials. I agree, it takes at least 2 years for these trials to complete. Good thing about it is they have shishiedo backing. Hopefully they continue to have funds to complete further trials. Hopefully in another 4 years we can see it on the market. It is best they try hard and get this going and be the first i n the industry to be the game changer. The matket will be in their control and they'll tap into the industry big time.
 03/20/2017 08:42 AM

Author Icon
4myfuture
Accomplished Poster

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...-124500168.html

I think a treatment that offers similar results as Finasteride, but avoids the sides is a great thing...I believe most agree that Finasteride is relatively effective at doing it's job, assuming you start treatment at the right time...The problem is the potential effects on your system...

Finasteride - 1mg EOD
Theradome LLT - 2X per week
Foam - 1x per day
 03/20/2017 04:16 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

In the spirit of consumer advocacy it would be nice to see a complete moratorium on surgical procedures going forward at this point until more data is revealed at the conclusion of phase II which is the pivotal phase. Hopefully the paid for industry advocates will hop on board too along with the traffic controllers on some of the forums. After all we are here to help people and avoiding risk at this point makes sense. As stated it might be a game changer.

03/20/2017 10:37 PM

Author Icon
Wolverine
Regular Poster

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...-124500168.html

"The efficacy data collected from all 19 patients, while not statistically significant,..."

Unfortunately, that pretty much sums it up. It's not even clear how they are measuring hair growth to arrive at the reported efficacy results.
 03/21/2017 01:41 AM

Author Icon
young topiCAL
Prolific Poster

Replicel was in phase 1b trial when I joined this forum

if they ever release a product it's probably 15-25 years away
 03/21/2017 02:22 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I have watched biotech for quite a long time and 4 years was my opinion based on a drug approval and that is being very generous if everything goes perfect. This seems to be different as it's not a drug and the bigger deal is the safety issue. They have cleared that hurdle. It could very well be much sooner and it's all based on the next phase which is the phase that will determine efficacy. They will probably set it up using various protocols and that will be determined by finances. With a new drug it's harder because you need to not only show efficacy but you very often need to meet some type of parameter that has been setup. For example with diabetes it's AC1 and regardless of how effective the therapy is if it doesn't meet the parameter set up by the powers that be than it's a no go...........this is different.

For biotechs it's usually finances which become the issue. If the story is good enough than not so much a problem. It all depends on how much of the store you need to give away and to who when you raise funds. I have seen plenty of partners hold back a program because it was in their interest to spend the money and slow it all down for years. If the story is good enough as time passes then they don't need to give away the store.

For example Geron spent billions and submitted reams and reams of data gathered over years on safety alone. On and on it went for years and the FDA made sure to bankrupt them. Meanwhile guys like Christopher Reeves could have benefited and maybe would have still been alive today but sometimes technology is a threat and it's not about saving lives or helping find a cure but keeping the current revenue streams humming along. Sometimes information is a threat. I think we are reaching the point where the tide can't be held back.

Putting everything on hold makes sense. Be patient surely others are working toward the same goal. That is the way it works. Others see or hear about someone doing something and they want to hop on board and see if they can do something similar and beat the other guy to market. First one to market usually gets the majority market share.

Hopefully we will see all the online platforms join in and talk this up. For us older guys this doesn't matter so much but for these very young guys we all know surgery can be a devastating option for them. So let's help them out. I know some of these guys in the industry have a good heart but they just let the counting of numbers in their head kind of get out hand.............let's do the right thing.

Edited: 03/21/2017 at 04:36 AM by topcat
 03/21/2017 11:19 AM

Author Icon
DKC
Accomplished Poster

4 years is not even close to enough time for drug trials. More around 12-15 years so don't be too hopeful!

1mg fin ED
Minoxidil 5% 1x ED
 03/21/2017 11:35 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

4 years is based on my own experience over the last 35 years maybe the times have started to creep up. I included the phase I already being completed and judging by the FDA chart 4 years providing everything goes well is possible and this is not a drug nor is it the FDA. I also consider completion of Phase III the target goal. Sometimes companies will seek approval outside of the USA first because it gets it to market faster.

Will the industry talk it up or down that's the question? Will they talk it up as much as they talk up injecting ink into some young guy's head. I don't know only time will tell. Young guys need to be aware that information can sometimes be a threat.

FDA timeline chart

03/22/2017 02:58 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Here is a quote from a 2003 article on Christopher Reeves it kinds of gives you an idea of how it works but it's also kind of veiled. Generally speaking from my own life experience what prevents you from getting the best advice is very often those that are making money doing things the old way. Curing baldness I don't believe is a threat it's the effect it might have on other markets if any that could be considered a threat. That is exactly the way many things work in life so it doesn't matter if you were talked into FUT or chemotherapy you have to consider maybe it was not the best advice and it was more about making money.

The big game changer is access to information. Anyone can publish a book, make a video, do or be on a podcast, etc. It was much easier to control the flow of information in the past and keep people believing lies not so much now. The difference now is that you can connect to thousands upon thousands of other people and hear what they have to say and connect the dots for yourself. You no longer need to rely on experts.

BTW Replicel will be presenting at the inaugural International Hair Restoration Platform Conference (IHRP 2017) on April 7 - 9, 2017 in Vancouver, and who will be the keynote speaker.................Dr. Woods.................does this mean anything..............I really don't know all we can do is observe and try to figure it all out. Figure out the politics so that we are not signing up for chemotherapy if something better is on the horizon.

Reeve is aware that his intention to recover has been dismissed, even denigrated. Yet he is not as naïve as some of his doubters think. Reeve has a dogged intelligence, and in the past eight years he has developed a nuanced understanding of the biology of spinal-cord injury; he has learned how the scientific establishment sets priorities and conducts its research; and he has deciphered the ways that different branches of the government permit or bar innovative medical treatments. Reeve knows that his fame gives him unique access to the media, to politicians, and to fund-raising dollars. By exploiting these resources, he has set out to change the way things are done in the clinic, the laboratory, and the government. He believes that only by causing a revolution in all three realms does he have a chance.

link to article

Edited: 03/22/2017 at 03:09 AM by topcat
 03/22/2017 05:58 PM

Author Icon
DKC
Accomplished Poster

Yes Topcat, Phase III is the target goal, in US, after Phase III the FDA can give approval and in Europe the EMA can do the same.

However, for a drug to get through Phase I to III normally takes at least 12-15 years. My experience is that I work in the Pharma industry so I am familiar with the process. While actual trial time might be around 8-10 years, we also have to consider intermittent time inbetween where the trials where non clinical stuff happens, like data management, recruitment etc.

Also, the majority of the time, companies focus on US and Euro markets and prefer to outsource their product to smaller markets in the form of wholly owned subsidiaries (companies that are owned by bigger Pharmaceuticals i.e Novartis own Sandoz) as a way to keep their product expensive in the primary markets (when it finally gets approved) and also making it available in less economically stable markets at cheaper prices.

1mg fin ED
Minoxidil 5% 1x ED
 03/23/2017 02:48 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

DKC I am adding the 5 year safety trial to the 4 years which brings it to 9 years. I'm guessing there will be no problem with recruitment which can be a very big issue and providing everything goes perfect which is asking for much as things do go wrong and sometimes adjustments need to be made along the way. Maybe you are right and I'm off a bit but then again it's not a drug and it's not the FDA so we will have to see.

I still believe anyone considering surgery should put it on hold and if they are unsure about oral medications maybe wait it out.

The press release is encouraging at this point. I especially like the long safety trail and at least one person achieved a 24% increase in hair density. That is absolutely huge news and definitely a breakthrough. It is equivalent to a hair transplant and this is not even set up for maximum efficacy. I would have expected all the marketers out there to be hyping this up by now but it doesn't seem to be happening. Makes sense to slow down on decisions and take a wait and see approach.

Holding off on the potential scarring and the possible sparse result of a ht makes sense at this point. This development should encourage young guys that there may very well be something coming soon so relax and see how it goes and this is only one company at least for now. With this type of breakthrough surely more will be hoping on board.

Press release

03/23/2017 09:11 AM

Author Icon
DD
Regular Poster

Well the stock price is still 80 cents so the market doesn't think much of this new trial.
Statistics
35757 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1134 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1134 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc