hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dr. Robert M. Bernstein / Norwood 6 / 3328 grafts
Topic Summary: The patient’s appearance of fullness was enhanced by side-to-side weighting.
Created On: 03/17/2017 03:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2017 03:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DrBernstein
Occasional Poster

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration Patient EUQ is a Norwood Class 6 with straight brown, fine hair of average density. Results after 2 hair transplant sessions totaling 3,328 follicular unit grafts. The patient's appearance of fullness was enhanced by side-to-side weighting in the hair restoration.

Overview:

Before / After:

Before

After

Detail of Hairline

Detail of hairline after two hair transplantation sessions. Note the integration of the hair transplant with the patient's existing hair.

Position of Hairline

1 Year Post-op

See patients with similar characteristics in the Bernstein Medical photo galleries:

Additional Resources:

-------------------------
Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration
Hair Transplant, Hair Restoration & Repair
110 East 55th Street, New York, NY
Telephone: 212-826-2400
 03/17/2017 04:42 PM

Author Icon
ukw
Regular Poster

You mentioned "NW class 6" but the Before picture shows a reasonable amount of hair. Is the Before what's considered a NW6? (just curious since there are various definitions)

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 07:09 PM by ukw
 03/18/2017 02:35 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

What I like about this result is that it is a realistic depiction of what is possible with a hair transplant procedure. This patient is older and judging by the pictures his hairloss seems minimal when compared to many others where the lateral humps begin to drop and the temple points start to recede. With that in mind you are looking at 3000+ grafts which for many with extensive hairloss is probably approaching their donor limit especially with FUE. So if this is a realistic expectation what exactly are we seeing with other cases on younger patients and what can those younger patients expect in a few years when they may have already used up most of their donor?

This result is realistic and young guys need to see more of these types of results so that the reality can start to sink in and they understand what being realistic means. It makes for better decisions and not ones based on trying to fool young boys with walls of hair that are mathematically impossible to maintain.

If this is a realistic result and a realistic expectation using methods that make sense what is everything else including stem cell donor regenertion, tattooing and all the other gimmicks to get people through the door? I'm sure the patient is happy and more importantly it makes more sense then what the marketers would have many believe.

The before and after picture preaches a message and it doesn't matter if that message is seen by one person or a million people.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 03/18/2017 at 06:19 AM by topcat
 03/20/2017 02:46 PM

Author Icon
DrBernstein
Occasional Poster

You mentioned "NW class 6" but the Before picture shows a reasonable amount of hair. Is the Before what's considered a NW6? (just curious since there are various definitions)

Good question. The patient had light coverage across the top of the scalp, but lacked the connecting bridge of hair that defines a Norwood Class 5. To be more precise, he is an early, thinning NW6. He could also be classified as DPA (diffuse patterned hair loss) i.e., thinning across the top of the scalp with good back and sides. Sorry, I don't have additional photos to illustrate.

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration
Hair Transplant, Hair Restoration & Repair
110 East 55th Street, New York, NY
Telephone: 212-826-2400
Statistics
35757 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1109 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1109 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc