hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DHT is what makes you a man!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/28/2017 09:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2017 09:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hairherbs
Regular Poster

Go to 3:50 in the vid below
DHT is what makes you a man

So all men engaged in taking DHT blockers are actually opting for chemical castration.

DHT triggers inflammation, fibrosis and decreased ATP production in the scalp of men with MPB. I think we need to treat these resulting factors rather then the cause (DHT).

Reducing inflammation throughout the body has multiple health benefits, reducing fibrosis has multiple health benefits and optimising ATP production has multiple health benefits. Reducing DHT though has multiple disadvantages!

Our problem would be best served by a topical broadband anti inflammatory, antioxidant (fibrosis is largely due to oxidation) and ATP enhancer.
 02/28/2017 11:41 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Nice video and I agree. I especially like the focus on cholesterol..........so true. Giving up masculinity which is what you are doing with oral hairloss drugs most especially long term doesn't make much sense to me. Even a modest amount of research will show that hair is not on the list of traits women look for most especially long term in a mate if that is your goal. But of course if you let it affect your confidence than that could be an issue. Better to look for other ways around it and there are plenty without turning yourself into half a man. Build your confidence in other ways which do not require sacrificing your manhood.

Here are some of the top traits women are programmed to look for often on a subconscious level.They are mostly indicators of health to acquire resources for the long term. That programming is not going to change in our lifetime nor will are programming of what we look for on a subconscious level change either.

Very often the real key to hairloss is simply becoming and looking healthier.

Facial masculinity
Body masculinity
Vocal masculinity
Creative intelligence
Muscularity
Warrior like aggression
Height

Are the marketers going to tell you that..............probably not. They need to keep the hype going. Do what makes sense long term and most importantly don't jeopardize you health both mental and physical so that marketers can make money selling better looking hair transplants or feeling better because they need to rationalize their own use of these feminizing type drugs. All those traits listed above can be affected by oral hair loss drugs with the exception of height. Think long and hard before you go down that road. Think long term.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 02/28/2017 at 12:08 PM by topcat
 03/01/2017 08:26 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

'best served by a topical broadband anti inflammatory, antioxidant (fibrosis is largely due to oxidation) and ATP enhancer.'

do you guys know how any of the above can be achieved? without *****ing with dht?

any products out there, or foods to eat/avoid that will help this?
 03/01/2017 01:08 PM

Author Icon
hairherbs
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: sunchyme1

'best served by a topical broadband anti inflammatory, antioxidant (fibrosis is largely due to oxidation) and ATP enhancer.'

do you guys know how any of the above can be achieved? without *****ing with dht?

any products out there, or foods to eat/avoid that will help this?

Nope, we are going to have to make it ourselves...I'm trying to put something together myself at the moment.
 03/01/2017 02:00 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you want to lower systemic inflammation eliminate sugar and vegetable oil. This means you would need to eliminate 90% of what is sold in grocery stores. If you then eliminate the dairy, meat and eggs which would need to be purchased from locally sourced farmers because of the way the store bought equivalent is raised then you could probably eliminate another 8% leaving you about 2% left to choose from.

I rarely go to grocery stores and when I do it all looks appealing but there is really not much one can eat.

I don't think this is going to grow your hair back but you will feel and look healthier and that is a worthy goal.

If one drug could be chosen that would do exactly the opposite of trying to attract women if that is your goal it would be DHT lowering medication. It works in a way that goes against thousands of years of evolution in what women are programmed to look for in a man...............fact.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/01/2017 09:25 PM

Author Icon
4myfuture
Accomplished Poster

Topcat,

What is your take on topical dht blockers? Fyi, Ive been off of Fin for about two months, notice no real change in my hairloss...However, get hard ons constantly..I didnt have issues with Fin, but I do get more stimulated off Fin...

Foam - 1x per day
 03/02/2017 02:23 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

4myfuture I don't know enough about them to say and haven't really seen anyone post about their experience using it as a topical. It would probably be a good idea to have some blood work done and monitor hormone levels over a period of time. Hard to believe it does not get into the system no different than Minioxidil or similar types of medication.

Makes you wonder what would happen if you had a female hair stylist that washed your hair and got it on her hands in some way while also being early in her pregnancy. Sure the odds are high but it's not some mild type of drug than one shouldn't be concerned about. For many to say so is disingenuous. How about your girlfriend running her hands through your hair and it getting into her system or you having it on your hands then touching a cup that your sister picks up and now it's in her system. If the consequences were not so high it wouldn't be a big deal but they are.

Young guys must clearly understand that many of these guys caught in the trap cannot expose their scalp now and must continue to take these drugs even though many want to stop. One of the strongest triggers for repulsion in the human mind is a major skin defect. It's programmed into your DNA. It tells you to stay away as you could be exposing yourself to someone with major health problems like an infectious disease. Do you want to put yourself in a position where people are repulsed because of scarring or defects they see on your skin near the hairline................probably not so advising young guys to maybe not do what many of us were lured into doing is the right thing to do.

Sure maybe some small surgeries that are well advised for the long term make sense but then you cut the potential market substantially so how do the marketers make money?. Why do young guys come back to forums to convince other young guys to have surgery? Is it even real?

Much of this needs to be looked at logically as opposed to emotively. How much thought is being put into someone offering a topical that could end up harming not just the patient but those around him? Who bears the liability? Do these doctors even consider this or are they caught up in the mindset of the marketers? The biggest problem with coming to some of the forums for advice is that the marketers over time have descended on them like a swarm of locusts and many researching are not aware, they just don't see the swarm. Maybe we are witnessing prophecy and it's a sign of end times for the industry.

Edited: 03/02/2017 at 01:03 PM by topcat
 03/03/2017 06:05 PM

Author Icon
Jackers09
Regular Poster

I agree fin and dut are internals that I would not recommend people should start for the purpose of retaining or growing hair.

There could be more advances in treatments if the government would get out of the way!!
 04/30/2017 05:18 AM

Author Icon
chillvisio
Occasional Poster

How much of a chemical castration does FIN or DUT bring, having in mind that DHT has noting to do with the testes and retaining masculine traits like muscles, facial hair, good part of body hair. Hair loss is not a feature, but a bug that DHT brings with itself. Men's body hair might have something to do with surviving in rough climate while hunting in earlier years of mankind, but it's of no use as long as man clothes for the winter exist. What purpose hair loss had in evolution science has yet to explain

My HRT & hair regrowth regimen:
Estrofem 4mg SL (2mg am / 2mg pm)
Spironolactone 100mg (50mg am / 50mg pm)
Finasteride 5mg
 05/05/2017 10:25 PM

Author Icon
ohmyhair
Prolific Poster

There is tons of wrong information :
1) You do not need DHT to be fertile, you need free testosterone
2) You do not need DHT to have more muscle mass, you need free testosterone . In fact, this is why DHT is not use it as an anabolic, since it is destroy on the Skeletal muscle. Any DHT that is formed in the muscle or that finds its way to the muscle from other tissue, is deactivated by an enzyme called 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD.)

"creative intelligence " Real ? lol . So I guess, women have almost zero """"""creative intelligence """""""

It is need it during the development, after that, it make more harm than good.

I got my Rogain foam on amazon.
I got my avodart on pillsforall.com
 05/06/2017 07:36 AM

Author Icon
Stan_B
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: ohmyhair

There is tons of wrong information :

1) You do not need DHT to be fertile, you need free testosterone

2) You do not need DHT to have more muscle mass, you need free testosterone . In fact, this is why DHT is not use it as an anabolic, since it is destroy on the Skeletal muscle. Any DHT that is formed in the muscle or that finds its way to the muscle from other tissue, is deactivated by an enzyme called 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD.)

"creative intelligence " Real ? lol . So I guess, women have almost zero """"""creative intelligence """""""

It is need it during the development, after that, it make more harm than good.

What about libido?

Regards,

Stanislav Balding
 05/11/2017 03:07 PM

Author Icon
chillvisio
Occasional Poster

You need not DHT, neither T to have a high sex drive. I had acceptable sex drive at just 6ng/dl of T
It's YMMV.

My HRT & hair regrowth regimen:
Estrofem 4mg SL (2mg am / 2mg pm)
Spironolactone 100mg (50mg am / 50mg pm)
Finasteride 5mg
Statistics
36030 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 312 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 312 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc