hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Minoxidil and Hyaluronic Acid
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/18/2017 01:09 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2017 01:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Wolverine
Regular Poster

This thread is to explore if Hyaluronic Acid (HA) counteracts Minox. I've never seen any studies that explored using them together.

I've been using Minox for close to 20 years. It's the only thing that's helped grow hair for me.

I started taking HA to improve my skin several months ago and I have seen good results for my skin. However, during that same time, my hair has shed quite badly, almost as if I stopped taking minox even though I never miss a day. My hairline and frontal density has taken a noticeable hit.

In theory, HA should be good for both hair and skin, but I'm wondering if it's not good for a long term Minox user and if it suppresses any of the same enzymes that Minox seeks to stimulate.

Any thoughts?

For an unrelated example, there was an obscure study by the University of British Columbia that found taking Aspirin may suppress the effects of Minox because Aspirin is a COX-1 inhibitor. I don't have a direct link to the study but it's referenced here: http://www.miamihair.com/blog/...or-aspirin-never-both/
 02/22/2017 09:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

Holy eff. The last paragraph is one of the most important pieces of information posted here in my many years as a member. What if it also applies to other popular NSAIDs like Aleve? Or to natural anti-inflammatories such as turmeric? If that's true, many of the natural treatments probably hurt more than help.

-------------------------
"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
Statistics
35972 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 278 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 278 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc