hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: topcat please read!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/27/2017 12:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2017 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
callahantheman
Regular Poster

Can too many sterols like phytosterols I believe is the name but can tou have heart problems down the line if too much is ingested too many sterols such as saw palemtto, beta sitosterol, and africanum pygeum. Topcat I know you are very knowledgeable and I think you can give me some what of a good answer so please if you could help me out.
 01/27/2017 01:17 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Calahan I really couldn't tell you regarding those specific sterols but what I would say is you probably need to be careful with anything that is concentrated and processed. For example you could consume a ½ quart of beet juice and within 20 minutes your blood pressure would drop drastically, you would feel nauseous, sweats, heart racing, etc and of course that is only one plant amongst many.

Most plants have a built in toxins to keep humans from eating them. There are ways around reducing those toxins like cooking, fermenting, etc. Even nuts should probably be soaked before consuming. Most of food preparation has been handed down from generation to generation all based on observation. Who got sick, who died and what did they eat or do?

I have this book on my shelf and if you read just about this one plant sterol you might think twice. In my opinion nutrient dense proteins like meats can be safer depending on the source. Of course I understand what you are trying to do is hair related.

Soy

I can remember when I was about 13 and order some protein powder in the mail. Stores didn't sell in back in 1975. I didn't know it at the time but it contained unprocessed soy powder. I guess it was extremely cheap and I didn't find this out until 30+ years later after reading a book the covered it. I found myself doubled over several times and had to have my mother take me the doctor. Luckily I didn't have my appendix removed they just didn't know what was wrong and by the next day it would go away. I never tied the two things together the powder with the pain. I was only 13 so I guess I was an easy target. Looking back on it now it was all about some creepy old guy marketer who published a fitness magazine out of York, Pa that simply cared more about money.

I would suggest researching side effects and see if others have complained.

BTW anything that lowers cholesterol is bad and plant sterols lower this important substance. Not a popular opinion so one needs to research in order to understand it's more creepy old guys making money.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 01:23 PM by topcat
 01/27/2017 01:38 PM

Author Icon
callahantheman
Regular Poster

I have read so much that it can lower your cholesterol but I thought lowering your cholesterol would be a good thing? But it said after so much ingestion that it could come to a point where it clogs your heart or an artery i am not really sure but i take 320 mgs of beta and 320 mgs of saw palmetto...do you think i am in danger? I havent gotten any bad sides thank god but im just scared for long term but i also want to help my hair as well..
 01/27/2017 01:51 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I think anything that lowers cholesterol is a bad thing.............not a popular opinion.

As long as the statin market is $25B + they are not going to be giving it up their story too easy.

If you are going to read up on the subject I would suggest finding some books that cover it. Someone that has taken the time to put pen to paper and maybe shared a long history of experience is infinitely better then the Internet which has been hijacked by too many marketers.

If you read one book a week on the subject of plant sterols by those that have at least 20 years of experience you will have amassed 1000 years of experience in 1 year. You would then be laughing at all the creepy marketers telling what you now know to be lies because you are now the expert.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/27/2017 at 01:57 PM by topcat
 01/27/2017 10:38 PM

Author Icon
SideShowBob
Accomplished Poster

I take over 8 anti dht suppliments in quantities double what you're
discussing, plus 5mgs of proscar daily. And heart problems run
in my family.

I haven't suffered any side effects from any of this, especially related
my heart.

If you're having heart issues, it's probably unrelated but should be
evaluated by a doctor in any event, just to be safe.
 01/28/2017 05:00 AM

Author Icon
callahantheman
Regular Poster

Hey bob are you taking any of the supplements i named? I read it was just sterols but no thank god again i am not having any heart issues just nervous about future causes.
 01/28/2017 06:19 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Cal you have me interested now in how exactly do they extract the sterols still trying to find out. I do remember trying beta sitisterol back in probably the early 80's it was suppose to help with muscle growth just like the hundreds upon hundreds of other supplements which are simply marketing nonsense but easy to become brainwashed if you read the wrong information. Eventually when the marketing cycle starts to go south in comes the next money maker. On and on it goes and the merry go round never stops with the creepy carnival barkers working the switch.

Did find this and of course it's from a blog which should encourage you to investigate further and the blog is pro sterols which should lead one to investigate how does the blog monetize itself and is their a conflict or is it truly independent consumer information.

Blog

Warning
The only group who should not consume sterols are those people with a rare inherited genetic disorder called homozygous sitosterolaemia, a condition where plant sterols are absorbed quite readily from the intestine and can result in heart disease at a young age. This is quite the opposite of most people, for whom sterols are not well absorbed. However, it is extremely rare, occurring in only one in six million people.

Regardless anything that inhibits the absorption of cholesterol which plant sterols do is not healthy in my opinion. The information is out there, long term cholesterol lowering is detrimental to the body but the truth doesn't make sh*t loads of money. So there will be some casualties along the road.............just a cost of making a huge profit.

Edited: 01/28/2017 at 06:27 AM by topcat
 01/28/2017 06:37 PM

Author Icon
SideShowBob
Accomplished Poster

Call, I take saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, pygeum, zinc,

melitonin, green tea, lycopene and pumpkin seed oil.
 01/29/2017 02:54 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Bob I'm just saying from my experience supplements are mostly a waste of money and food is a better approach.

Of course when it comes to lowering DHT which is something I have no interest in doing because hair doesn't mean that much to me at least not like when I was 20 maybe it is helpful. I'm more concerned with getting information out there in regards to how marketers are deceiving people and causing harm in order line their pockets. Yes they all seem like nice guys that's the point. What did you expect? No one explained that to me when I was young same goes for doctors.

But even with DHT I'm going to guess if one avoided all fats, Sunlight and ate low protein the DHT lowering effects would be better but then one sacrifices health for hair that's a bad trade off. But I also understand many don't care and that does make sense in some ways. If we are wired to procreate at 20 that is all that matters. To use logic and try to understand long term consequences goes against thousands and thousands of years of human evolution. It's very hard to fight what is wired in our brain from the past.

If we look towards evolution and what attracts the opposite sex to each other then we know from studies and observation some of those traits. That is if one were to assume the hair issue is all about attracting the opposite sex. Some of those traits for males include v-shape, square jaw, aggressiveness, height, many of these traits are determined by testosterone during the development before birth. Fussing about one's hair has the opposite effect without going into a long explanation here. Same goes for health it is determined by visual cues and this is why a shaved head often wins out over a thin wispy hair transplant similar to someone on chemotherapy. In fact most that are in that situation taking chemotherapy shave their head because it looks healthier..........young guys should consider that point.

And getting to the point lowering DHT has all the opposite effects. Look at anyone that has been on finasteride for an extended period of time they are feminizing themselves............no thanks..........but as stated hair doesn't matter that much to me.

BTW some of what you are trying to do is probably better done with food. Like the melotonin. Much of the serotonin which converts to melotonin is made in the gut. Having a healthy gut microbiome goes a long way in producing that serotonin so you would be infinitely better off adding fermented foods to your diet while also being out in the Sun much more effective in my opinion. And mineral like zinc are better absorbed from real food like pastured liver/beef.

Most supplements are safe............just a waste of money in my opinion.

Fermented vegetables/fruits can be tasty and not something that one has to force down. This is my cabbage, blueberry, beet kvass...............good stuff and the cost is pennies. Real food is the best approach. Unfortunately the marketers have hijacked the health industry no different than the ht industry. They are experts but only experts in marketing.

Below is the kvass and below that is a small portion of some beef heart I picked up yesterday. I will grind it up into a nice burger. Cal the importance of something like beef heart is the high content of coenzyme Q10 and the effect on our own heart.............cholesterol lowering is about marketing but you will have to do plenty of reading as the marketers control most of the information outside of hundreds of books.

BTW I'm not anit hair or anti hair transplant I'm anti bullsh*t marketers.

Edited: 01/29/2017 at 03:47 AM by topcat
Statistics
36096 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 256 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 256 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc