hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone try exfoliating their scalp?
Topic Summary: Cleaning scalp pores
Created On: 01/10/2017 08:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2017 08:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Regular Poster

So I found a helpful link to make your own scalp cleaner, it all makes sense and is pretty straight forward. Cleaning out the pores on your scalp sounds like something I'd wanna do. The link will be at the bottom of this post, has anyone tried this and what kinda results did you see? Is there anything easier I could buy or make that's just as effective or more?

https://www.hairlossrevolution.com/clean-scalp/
 01/11/2017 05:36 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The analogy sounds logical and that is probably why many buy into the concept. Yes 35 years ago I did too along with many others making the marketers rich. Plenty of places offering the deep cleaning of the scalp and we also had polysorbate 80 if you wanted to do it yourself and so yes I bought a bottle.

The same analogy is used with saturated fat and a kitchen drain becoming clogged and the concept transferring over to your arteries. Yes sound logical but it is absolutely false and better understood when fully explained. Without the long explanation information controls beliefs which in turn can enrich those dispensing it. Where is the information coming from and who benefits is the question most should be asking. If it is a marketer then one should be very leery. Yes I know the marketer is your friend and there with a solution in your desperation but just consider that maybe they are not being honest.

The ht industry does the same. They try to suit the words to fit their need. Like large robust grafts being good depending on what they are selling or thin skinny grafts if the need changes. Marketing is mostly about making up a story to sell a product. Products and services that are reputable sell themselves.

Not trying to discourage you but it's better to have the truth or at least consider other information that is not marketing.

The Costeralis story on eliminating scar tissue while also growing hair hit at least one major news site...............so don't be discouraged just be careful.

The film of sweat, oil, sebum acts as a protective barrier which benefits you. Believing that hair cannot grow because of it is like believing a seed will not sprout because it's covered with dirt. Now that is a different analogy it's just not profitable.

Cira 1988 yes they all sound like they are honest..........all experts too. Robert Vaughn............I love that guy's hair. He was "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." I use to watch that show. I guess that is part of why I bought into it.

Scalp cleanser

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/11/2017 at 06:34 AM by topcat
 01/11/2017 01:37 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Now go back and watch that video again. You see those doctors sitting their offering their expertise what are your thoughts? Do you find it laughable? Well for most that can only be done in hindsight as one looks through the rear view mirror. Often times a professional is willing to compromise themselves to work with a marketer. If you were there in real time chances are your reaction could very well be different then the one in hindsight. It would have been determined less by logic and more by emotion and for many that emotion is desperation and desperation skews one's perception.

Now fast forward to today and look at some of the doctors on the forums and how prospective patients the few that are actually real react to these experts that also work with marketers. Or for that matter the marketers themselves. These prospects do not see what others that are more aware see and they will only see it 10-20 years from now. This includes repair patients that are caught in the trap. This is an important concept to understand when researching. Are they all dishonest...........no............but most will not be able to figure it out as it takes years and years of observation.

Now imagine bowing down to anyone of those doctors on the panel, it's laughable too. The only thing that gives them power is desperation of the consumer. Take away the desperation and they have no power. This doesn't mean a man should not be respected but start asking questions out loud and to yourself and start using logic.

The marketing formula itself is very common. You can find hundreds of products that follow the same format and the majority of them are bogus.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 01/11/2017 at 01:51 PM by topcat
 01/11/2017 04:24 PM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Regular Poster

I think it can hinder growth, not stop it. I'll do anything simple that could possibly help.
 01/12/2017 05:27 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Just trying to expand your awareness.

I have product that does exactly the opposite it creates a thicker sebum barrier than what the skin and follicles can produce. This in effect helps to encourage growth similar to a caterpillar in cocoon only the result is not a butterfly but thick luxurious hair. It's made from several ingredients including Manuka honey which is flown in from New Zealand on C130's because it's that valuable. The formula is of course proprietary. I'm thinking of calling it Hair Force One but that's not definite. Maybe I can get Trump to endorse it you know work the celebrity angle like the HT guys then spend the $100 for the trademark. I have hundreds of before and after pictures I just don't have time to post them only time to encourage others to jump in and give it a try.

Anyone can make money if they are willing to make stuff up and maybe not be so honest that's the easy road. Not everyone wants to go down that road but not to worry plenty will and they are easy to spot if you observe long enough. It's harder and takes longer to just do the right thing and in the end help people out with something that is actually beneficial.

Take a good look at that video again and the corny panel of doctors. Doctors with integrity would not be doing what you see. Much of what is being presented online is the same if one looks at it from a different point of view.

Good luck with your experiment.

Here is another example. What marketers really like to do is use other people ideas and just feed off of that. The description below is from a bodybuilding supplement with a few changes. It's meant to elicit an emotional response from the consumer and that response drives spending habits.

Hair Force One embodies the Hair Force promise. HF1 uses the most advanced Multi-Phase delivery system, precision engineered with ballistic Terra Intelligent Beads to disperse hard hitting ingredients in stages throughout your hair growth cycle. Unlike any other hair growth system, HF1 releases a 2nd wave during the growth cycle with a flood of additional anti-catabolic and metabolic energy stimulants to push you through massive growth. This innovative multi-phase system is designed to get you started, keep you going and finish strong with a luxurious amount of hair when all others fail. It truncates growth.......more hair faster

Edited: 01/12/2017 at 02:17 PM by topcat
 01/15/2017 07:13 AM

Author Icon
Myboyblue13
Regular Poster

I trust people more that aren't selling a product but are selling a formula that you make from buying the ingredients and doing it yourself. That's what I'm doing.
 01/15/2017 09:35 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Sure I agree with you on the point that it is simply a recipe. When compared to other forms of marketing asking for an e-mail address to see the before/after pictures is probably not going to cause long term damage. I also believe that doing exactly the opposite meaning washing your hair less or not at all can easily have an even more pronounced effect that is positive. Simply research it and look at the before/after photos but then no one profits so maybe that is why you don't hear too much about it.

I'm more concerned with marketing that is creating long term damage as I write on the subject. As I posted to another thread the marketers that were selling mega session strip procedures are now freely admitting they were just doing their jobs as if that is a reasonable excuse to harm so many. It's an interesting subject on why some take this path and just follow orders as opposed to those that have a hard time doing something that goes against their conscience and simply say no this is not acceptable.

As we age the quality of hair worsens. It loses it's luster, shine and thickness and this is in fact why as one ages female or male the hair styles become shorter. Only problem is now that many were fooled into having huge zipper type scars on their head when other techniques were available what do they do. You can't compare this to what you are doing with the recipe so by all means go ahead the damage if any is probably very limited. I'm not trying to discourage you just pointing out the marketing aspect which is a lesson that has value so just consider that point.

Almost 10 years ago now a forum told me to move on my advice on FUE was dangerous. Thank God for a lot of guys I did not move on along with a few others including some of the doctors that were actually doing the work. Be careful and understand the information you are reading is it valid or just marketing.

Edited: 01/15/2017 at 09:47 AM by topcat
Statistics
35685 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 696 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 696 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc