hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bryan Shelton
Topic Summary: Notice of the passing of Bryan Shelton
Created On: 09/17/2013 11:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2013 11:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Blake Wilfong

Hello everyone. It is with profound regret that I inform you that Bryan Shelton passed away this last Monday morning at the age of 63, due to the cumulative effects of mini strokes and perhaps a full stroke at the last. Family and friends first began to notice his occasional mild confusion beginning in August 2012, which worsened frighteningly quickly in the following months, but we were unable to convince him to see a doctor until July 2013. By that time, little could be done.

I know Bryan loved posting on hair loss forums, so whenever he stopped, it's surely because he was no longer able to. (Difficulty using computers was one of the earliest warning signs.) I found this forum by searching Google for his name, and I thought you folks should know what became of him.

With deepest condolences and best wishes to all who cared about Bryan,

Blake Linton Wilfong
Houston, Texas
 09/17/2013 11:48 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

That's very sad news. Please give our condolences to Bryan's family and friends.

Bryan was a long-time and popular member on this forum and helped many over the years. He will be deeply missed.

R.I.P. Bryan Shelton

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 09/18/2013 12:04 AM

Author Icon
DecadeTwo
Accomplished Poster

I've been fearing this.

This is very saddening.

I can't think of a single member of any of these forums who has done more to help his fellow man than Bryan, and there are really no words that can do him or his contributions justice.

My thoughts are with you, Blake, and the rest of his friends and family.

R.I.P. my friend.

NW < 2 since 1999

The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'.
--Alan I. Leshner

Correlation does not imply causation.
--Logic

When you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way.
--Stevie Wonder

I'm not an MD, and I'm not a hair loss expert.
 09/18/2013 12:24 AM

Author Icon
Blake Wilfong

I forgot to mention that Bryan was my friend for 34 years. (We met at a computer club in 1979.) My heartfelt thanks for your kind words and sympathy.
 09/18/2013 01:21 AM

Author Icon
dodgePT
Accomplished Poster

Bryan was a great mind, it's a shame he had to pass away. May he rest in peace.
He and his forum posts will be missed by many, me included.

Regimen:
[2.5mg finasteride] 04-18-2012
[minox 3ml 5% x2] 02-14-2012
[keto 2% shampoo/cream, emu-oil]
[Biotin, Zinc, MSM]
[FUE 3700 FU] 11-04-2013

for($hair=0; $hair<100000; $hair++) {
echo $hair;
}
 09/18/2013 01:32 AM

Author Icon
DecadeTwo
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Blake Wilfong
I forgot to mention that Bryan was my friend for 34 years. (We met at a computer club in 1979.) My heartfelt thanks for your kind words and sympathy.

I was a college underclassman in the late 90s the first time I read one of his posts.

Aside from his knowledge and obvious intelligence, one of the things that impressed me most about him was his decorum.

Being the legend that he was on the forums, lesser men would antagonize him in the hopes that bringing him down would somehow elevate them (i.e. trolls would flame him).

He always kept it classy, never got personal, never felt the need to curse, never demeaned his counterpart, and yet -- or maybe because of this -- he always made great points from a clearly objective standpoint.

Just as impressively, he was never big on treating his own hair loss, especially not in this past half-decade. He was in it for the love of knowledge, and a sincere desire to help out kids half or a third his age, even if sometimes they clearly did not appreciate him.

He was a model member and more importantly a model human being, and I feel fortunate to have had the chance to interact with him a bit in the last few years.

NW < 2 since 1999

The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'evidence'.
--Alan I. Leshner

Correlation does not imply causation.
--Logic

When you believe in things that you don't understand then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way.
--Stevie Wonder

I'm not an MD, and I'm not a hair loss expert.
 09/18/2013 02:15 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
toppikk
Prolific Poster

Such a sad news Always loved his posts and he helped me a few times.

Rest In Peace Bryan.

My condolences to all the people who loved and cared him.
 09/18/2013 04:33 AM

Author Icon
Celco
Accomplished Poster

This is sad news.

Bryan was a great contributor to the hairloss community and a wealth of information. His insight, understanding and breadth of knowledge helped me and many others Im sure. His knowledge will live on in his posts.

RIP Bryan. Thank you for your contribution.

1.25mg Fin daily
Minox foam or liquid intermittently
Nizoral shampoo every 2-3 days
----------------
We need something better than Fin approved that targets the scalp only.
We need much better hair growth stimulants.
 09/18/2013 05:10 AM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Bryan was a legend that will definitely be missed. Bryan, if you can hear me, ask God to finally send a cure to us through some special person like yourself as soon as possible. Thanks for teaching us so much about Proctor's products and about hair loss treatments. Now people will finally have their proof that you were never the same person as Dr Proctor. I will miss those very entertaining "cat and mouse chase" posts with you and Jacob. RIP Bryan. My deepest sympathy and condolences for all the fans and loved ones you left behind.
 09/18/2013 05:58 AM

Author Icon
Chandler Bing
Accomplished Poster

It was always hard to believe those fresh, lively and informative posts were written by a man in his 60's.
He has left a large wealth of valuable written material (and also rare studies, graphs, charts etc) all posted in good spirit, remaining high in google search results. No doubt they are helping men daily and will continue to do so long after his death.

Rest in Peace, Bryan.

--DISCLAIMER--
I am not actually Chandler Bing. Any humurous anecdotes, jokes, or advice that resembles the fictional character "Chandler Bing" is purely coincidental.
 09/18/2013 06:45 AM

Author Icon
Budskii
Regular Poster

This is very sad news indeed. RIP Bryan.
 09/18/2013 06:47 AM

Author Icon
Newt's Hair
Regular Poster

Very sad, Bryan was indeed a legend.

Blake, I'm very sorry for your loss, and thank you for taking the time to let us all know. Best wishes to you and Bryan's family and friends.
 09/18/2013 07:37 AM

Author Icon
tryingtwo
Regular Poster

Blake, thank you for posting and please accept my condolences for the loss of a long time friend, hang in there. If you could, please post a bio of Bryan. Alot of us found him fascinating and would love to know more about his life, thank you
 09/18/2013 09:59 AM

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

Bryan was a highly intelligent person who freely gave back to the world. This sucks.

If true. Sorry to raise the point, but crazy things can happen online. I do believe he died and the computer science background and stubbornness are consistent with posts here, but could you link to an obituary, please?

"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
 09/18/2013 10:22 AM

Author Icon
ahadabans
Accomplished Poster

Wow. This is truly heartbreaking. I learned a lot from him on this forum, as did a lot of people. His absence has been felt.

To his family and close friends, you have my deepest sympathies. He will be remembered.

Internals: .5mg Dut

Topicals:
Tricomin - 1-2 times daily

Other:
Keto Shampoo 3x weekly
Nano Shampoo 3x weekly
Theradome Daily

Fin/Dut user - 17 years.

HT w/ Dr. Diep March 2014 - 1500 grafts hair line
 09/18/2013 11:25 AM

Author Icon
GZ11
Accomplished Poster

Wow, I am very sorry to hear about this. Bryan was a great poster and a highly intelligent man who helped put me on the right track to combat my hair loss and help me as an individual.

His informative posts will live on on this forum to educate younger men in the future about hair loss treatments.

Present:
.5mg Dut p/d
6-8mL Min p/d
Revita/Niz1%/H&S w/ Zinc Pyr
Theradome 4x p/w
Tricomin AM
Dermaroller .5mm 2x p/d
S5 Spiro Cream topical (on & off)

2004-2009 Fin
2012-2013 Big 3
2013-2014 Natural junk that DIDN'T WORK
 09/18/2013 11:28 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

@takingaction. The first thing I did after reading the thread was to check that the poster is actually posting from Houston TX, which he is. I have no reason to believe it's not authentic.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 09/18/2013 11:31 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Blake was Bryan's passing this week or last, the 9th Sept?

09/18/2013 11:57 AM

Author Icon
JWM
Accomplished Poster

RIP, Bryan. You will be missed.
 09/18/2013 12:00 PM

Author Icon
Pieman2005
Accomplished Poster

I joined the forum after Bryan quit posting so unfortunately I haven't been able to read much of his posts. But from what I have read, the guy had a lot of insight and intelligence.

My condolences to his family.

From one Houstonian to another

-.5mg fin daily since 12/12
-keto shampoo daily since 1/13-8/13 (currently off)
-minox 5% 1x daily since 5/13
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Bryan Shelton

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
31743 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 13 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 884 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 897 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc