hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I quit minoxidil 4 months ago and have a question
Topic Summary: And yes going through the dreaded shed
Created On: 06/02/2013 04:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 20 21 22 23 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/28/2016 11:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iloveeshoes
Occasional Poster

Stay hopeful. I didn't mean to be so negative. I'm a older woman so I could have other issues going on that are female specific that might be hindering thickness and density for me.

I have not been able to get back thicker hair strands or a significant amount of density in my temple, crown and front hairline. Seems as I get older the less likely that this will happen.

I'm however glad that my shedding is completely over and is normal, yet even though the shedding has stopped I have not experience regrowth to specific areas on my scalp that were there PRIOR to using the Minox. I feel like I still dealing with scalp issues and that is hindering my growth. My scalp feel like sandpaper. I could be dealing with psoriasis as a result of the use of this product, which I never had before use.

Don't lose hope, keep inspecting your scalp and trying to find solutions. I haven't given up. I'm trying Virgin Coconut Oil on my scalp and I'm changing my diet.

-------------------------
MSM 1,500 mg
Topical: Rosemary, Cedarwood Essentials Oils
10,000 Biotin
1,500 Choline & Inositol
Nature's Gate Rosemary Shampoo
Using no chemicals of any kind on scalp
 12/28/2016 11:36 AM

Author Icon
Quasimoto
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: iloveeshoes

Stay hopeful. I didn't mean to be so negative. I'm a older woman so I could have other issues going on that are female specific that might be hindering thickness and density for me.

I have not been able to get back thicker hair strands or a significant amount of density in my temple, crown and front hairline. Seems as I get older the less likely that this will happen.

I'm however glad that my shedding is completely over and is normal, yet even though the shedding has stopped I have not experience regrowth to specific areas on my scalp that were there PRIOR to using the Minox. I feel like I still dealing with scalp issues and that is hindering my growth. My scalp feel like sandpaper. I could be dealing with psoriasis as a result of the use of this product, which I never had before use.

Don't lose hope, keep inspecting your scalp and trying to find solutions. I haven't given up. I'm trying Virgin Coconut Oil on my scalp and I'm changing my diet.

I would suggest trying Rose hip seed oil instead of coconut since it penetrates the scalp way easier, and heals the skin.

It´s right in front of our noses.
 12/28/2016 02:21 PM

Author Icon
4myfuture
Accomplished Poster

Naturals do nothing Quasi!

Thanks

Finasteride - 1mg EOD
Theradome LLT - 2X per week
Foam - 1x per day
 01/01/2017 03:06 AM

Author Icon
Jackz0007
Occasional Poster

I am already using some Indian ayurvedic oils including coconut oil, but thats of no use because this shedding is not stopping & regrowth is very slow there are a lot of small hair growing in the front & some at the temples , but the growth is very slow. And I have noticed one more thing the front hair has started to shed again, maybe its the 2nd shed because they where the one to shed 1st when I had stopped using minox. Because of this the front has started to look thin again after it was started to look a bit thick again. , I don't know when I'll regain some hair density again , I am nowhere close to my baseline even after 6 months , maybe I'll start propecia if things don't change after the one year mark...
 01/07/2017 01:17 AM

Author Icon
Jackz0007
Occasional Poster

Update , I won't lie....the hair was not miniature hair...it is serious regrowth.... At the temples and the front.... Shedding is mostly at the crown vertex area ...100 hairs a day are shedding which is normal....so i guess the telogen effluvium is over or maybe it is slowing down...the hair which is shedding is also basically very thin not the remaining thick ones..& yes I have observed that my right temple is almost covered by hair now(though they are small and regrowth is very slow), but it I'd not the case for left temple...it is growing some hair but not everywhere... So is this normal?
Second thing is that the area just between the crown & the front I'd still very thin though hair is not shedding from there...there is no regrowth there... I don't know if this is due to dht , its resembling some what like the female pattern baldness where the line between the scalp starts thinning....
I wish this area also starts some regrowth....
I'll give another update with some Pics very soon...
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » I quit minoxidil 4 months ago and have a question

<< 20 21 22 23 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
35610 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 396 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 396 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc