hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Collection of success photos using hair brushing/ scalp massages/ violet ray
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2013 08:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2013 08:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

All of these results are from about a year's worth of treatment. No drugs, keto shampoos, just boar bristle brushing, scalp massages, some guys use the violet wand, some guys eat super healthy meals but most do not; basically stuff to loosen the scalp and increase bloodflow

-------------------------
This is your last chance, after this there is no turning back.
You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.I know you're out there, I can feel you now.
I know that you're afraid of us...You're afraid of change. I don't know the future, I didn't come here to tell you how this will all end...I came here to tell you how it's going to begin

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 08:48 AM by SlowMoe
 04/09/2013 08:15 AM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Here are some results form botox injections; basically the same principal; get more blood to scalp

You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed, and believe whatever you want. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.I know you're out there, I can feel you now.
I know that you're afraid of us...You're afraid of change. I don't know the future, I didn't come here to tell you how this will all end...I came here to tell you how it's going to begin

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 08:25 AM by SlowMoe
 04/09/2013 08:19 AM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

More info on the botox treatment method.

http://journals.lww.com/plasre..._id=HPxADx20100319xMP

We would like to present the results of an open-label pilot study using botulinum toxin type A (Botox; Allergan, Inc., Irvine, Calif.) for the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. This form of alopecia is believed to be caused by a genetically predisposed sensitivity of hair follicles to the toxic effects of dihydrotestosterone, a metabolite of testosterone. Medical treatment of androgenetic alopecia has previously only been moderately effective using systemic drugs such as finasteride, a 5?-reductase inhibitor.1
In this ethically approved study, 50 male subjects aged between 19 and 57 years with Norwood/Hamilton ratings of II to IV participated.2 The study was 60 weeks in duration, with 12 weeks of run-in followed by two treatment cycles of 24 weeks each. Subjects were injected with 150 units of Botox (5 units per 0.1 ml saline) into the muscles surrounding the scalp, including frontalis, temporalis, periauricular, and occipitalis muscles in equally divided doses over 30 injection sites. The primary outcome measure was a change in hair count in a fixed 2-cm area using a method described by Canfield.3 Secondary outcome measures included hair loss, measured by having subjects collect loose hair from their pillow with a sticky lint roller, and subjective efficacy using a validated questionnaire. Statistical analysis entailed paired t tests of group means.
Forty subjects completed the study, and no adverse effects were reported. The treatment response rate was 75 percent. Mean hair counts for the entire group showed a statistically significant (p < 0.0001) increase of 18 percent between baseline and week 48 (Table 1), similar to the results reported with Propecia (Merck, Whitehouse Station, N.J.).1 Hair regrowth was objectively visible in some subjects (Fig. 1). Secondary outcome measures were also significantly improved. The reduction in hair loss and increase in hair count did not show a statistically significant correlation. This suggested that longer retention of terminal hairs did not account for the increase in hair count.

Table 1
Image Tools
Fig. 1
Image Tools
Mechanistically, the scalp behaves like a drum skin with tensioning muscles around the periphery. These muscle groups - the frontalis, occipitalis, and periauricular muscles and to a minor degree the temporalis - can create a "tight" scalp when chronically active. Because the blood supply to the scalp enters through the periphery, a reduction in blood flow would be most apparent at the distal ends of the vessels, specifically, the vertex and frontal peaks. Areas of the scalp with sparse hair growth have been shown to be relatively hypoxic, have slow capillary refill, and to have high levels of dihydrotestosterone.4
Conceptually, Botox "loosens" the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. The enzymatic conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is oxygen dependent. In low-oxygen environments, the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone is favored; whereas in high-oxygen environments, more testosterone is converted to estradiol.4 Blood flow may therefore be a primary determinant in follicular health
. Strategically placed Botox injections appear able to indirectly modify this variable, resulting in reduced hair loss and new hair growth in some men with androgenetic alopecia

04/09/2013 10:05 AM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Is it just me or is there a lot more evidence supporting the blood flow theory than opposing it?

04/09/2013 12:23 PM

Author Icon
cruiser
Regular Poster

I do know for a fact back when i used violet ray i tried it on only 1 side of scalp for roughly 2 months and the hair got alot thicker on that side some of that thickness remains a year later.I had to quit violet ray because i believe it was aggravating my nerve pain related to my neck.I do believe it is because it increases oxygen levels in the scalp.I would be VERY curious to see results of people using the violet ray like 1 hour per day i bet the results would be fantasytic i was only doing 15 min per day.....Im hoping using green LED will be another way to increase scalp oxygen hopefully as good
 04/09/2013 12:50 PM

Author Icon
Alpha_Hairline
Prolific Poster

If blood flow is responsible for hair regrowth then would mega-dosing niacin help? That tends to cause a large amount of vaso-dilation, so much so that it makes the body radiate and skin turn pink.

Current hair loss routine.

Rogaine Foam-4x daily.
Lipogaine The Big 3 Shampoo-once daily
Finasteride -0.5 mg/Daily
Stinging Nettle Leaf-900 mg daily
 04/09/2013 01:03 PM

Author Icon
swissTemples
Accomplished Poster

Are you going to get those botox injections?
 04/09/2013 01:10 PM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: cruiser

I do know for a fact back when i used violet ray i tried it on only 1 side of scalp for roughly 2 months and the hair got alot thicker on that side some of that thickness remains a year later.I had to quit violet ray because i believe it was aggravating my nerve pain related to my neck.I do believe it is because it increases oxygen levels in the scalp.I would be VERY curious to see results of people using the violet ray like 1 hour per day i bet the results would be fantasytic i was only doing 15 min per day.....Im hoping using green LED will be another way to increase scalp oxygen hopefully as good

Yeah I'm still waiting on my violet wand; can't wait to start using it, I've seen some pretty amazing results..

Originally posted by: Alpha_Hairline

If blood flow is responsible for hair regrowth then would mega-dosing niacin help? That tends to cause a large amount of vaso-dilation, so much so that it makes the body radiate and skin turn pink.

You know I'm not sure....The thing with vasodilators, is that even if you increase the diameter of the blood vessel 1000%, you could still have the same smashed artery that feeds your scalp if your galea it too tight....

Originally posted by: swissTemples

Are you going to get those botox injections?

I was gonna, but there are no doctors in the Oklahoma City area that willl do it. I have devised a contraption that keeps the scalp loose....And I've found a hospital that offers transcutaneous oximetry (skin oxygen measurements). I plan on going there when I get a chance and checking my O2 levels normally, with the device on my dome and with the device on plus 5 minutes after brushing my scalp...

04/09/2013 01:25 PM

Author Icon
swissTemples
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: SlowMoe
I was gonna, but there are no doctors in the Oklahoma City area that willl do it. I have devised a contraption that keeps the scalp loose....And I've found a hospital that offers transcutaneous oximetry (skin oxygen measurements). I plan on going there when I get a chance and checking my O2 levels normally, with the device on my dome and with the device on plus 5 minutes after brushing my scalp...

So you gave up on your idea of self injecting?
 04/09/2013 01:34 PM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Yeah man, I've read that since the injections are close to your spinal cord, a botch up could be fatal :/

04/09/2013 01:44 PM

Author Icon
HERBE
Prolific Poster

Is the ultral vilot wand the same as hair max lazer comb??
 04/09/2013 01:52 PM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: HERBE

Is the ultral vilot wand the same as hair max lazer comb??

No the violet ray is not the same as a laser comb. The violet wand uses "sparks" of electricity to increase circulation and stimulate cellular activity. Alser combs use laser light to open up blood vessels amongst other tasks

04/09/2013 02:12 PM

Author Icon
morgan
Accomplished Poster

I've been using my violet wand for over a week now. 10 minutes daily. Kind of fun to use. Too early to tell much yet. However, I am enjoying it as it does appear to have a cosmetic effect in thickening my hair (presumably just from the slight massaging effect of running the comb attachment through the hair). My main goal is simply thickening and maintenance. As such, I am optimistic that this can help.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not throwing in the fin and the rest of my regimen for this. However, as I mentioned on SlowMoe's other thread, I think this can certainly augment more traditional products for hair loss/maintenance.
 04/09/2013 02:41 PM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

So is this evidence enough to recognize poor scalp oxygenation + DHT is the real culprit behind MPB?

I really don't believe the hairs in the balding areas are different than the non balding areas..... The balding hairs fall in the exact shape of the galea and when the galea is relaxed and its suplying blood vessels un-compressed, hair loss is reversed. DHT + low scalp oxygen = MPB.

It makes complete sense, especially in light of the study proving hypoxia can cause new androgen receptors to proliferate (the old theory assumes that these were always there, however in light of recent experiments, it is much easier to believe that they are there due to the decrease in oxygen levels)

That completely blows the "follicles are destined to die" theory out of the water yet it seems like no one is getting excited about it.

Lower DHT or raise oxygen, they appear to have the same effect....

04/09/2013 02:53 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

I really don't believe the hairs in the balding areas are different than the non balding areas.....

Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant. It's been proven in lab studies that the cells are different from the balding follicles vs the non-balding follicles.

All of this is proven fact, proven in labs. The DHT explanation for hair loss is not some guys theory, it's been proven in many studies and experiments.

Whereas the blood flow theory has never been proven. These beliefs have been around from the turn of the last century and nobody has had any long term success by massaging their scalp. These pictures you have shown here in my opinion don't show any major success.

Also, a hair transplant could never work if the scalp itself had some problem with supporting hair growth. That's so self evident when you look at a bald scalp before a hair transplant, and the same scalp covered with hair a year or more later.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 04/09/2013 02:59 PM

Author Icon
johnnyboots

Originally posted by: morgan

I've been using my violet wand for over a week now. 10 minutes daily. Kind of fun to use. Too early to tell much yet. However, I am enjoying it as it does appear to have a cosmetic effect in thickening my hair (presumably just from the slight massaging effect of running the comb attachment through the hair). My main goal is simply thickening and maintenance. As such, I am optimistic that this can help.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not throwing in the fin and the rest of my regimen for this. However, as I mentioned on SlowMoe's other thread, I think this can certainly augment more traditional products for hair loss/maintenance.

Could u guys tell me where to order the violet ray.
thanks
 04/09/2013 03:00 PM

Author Icon
johnnyboots

Originally posted by: morgan

could u guys tell me where to order a violet wand
 04/09/2013 03:04 PM

Author Icon
johnnyboots

Where can i get a violent wand?
 04/09/2013 03:04 PM

Author Icon
SlowMoe
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Farrel

I really don't believe the hairs in the balding areas are different than the non balding areas.....

Whether you want to believe it or not is irrelevant. It's been proven in lab studies that the cells are different from the balding follicles vs the non-balding follicles.

The cells were already exposed to the damaging hypoxic enviornment so of course they are going to be different; hypoxic conditions cause androgen receptor proliferation amongst other things...Unless you can prove me wrong

All of this is proven fact, proven in labs. The DHT explanation for hair loss is not some guys theory, it's been proven in many studies and experiments.

Can you please provide some reference material?

Whereas the blood flow theory has never been proven. These beliefs have been around from the turn of the last century and nobody has had any long term success by massaging their scalp.

The idea of loosening the galea has just become widely popular and the success stories are accumulating

These pictures you have shown here in my opinion don't show any major success.

The results I have shown are as good as any drug based regimine. Prove me wrong

Also, a hair transplant could never work if the scalp itself had some problem with supporting hair growth. That's so self evident when you look at a bald scalp before a hair transplant, and the same scalp covered with hair a year or more later.

Many, many famous celebrities have had implants and several years down the road the transplants have miniaturized. Also, if you wound a baks scalp, guess what, the vellus hairs adjacent to the wound will become long thick terminal hairs....Why? Because the wound causes angiogenesis; if the hair were destined to die, it wouldnt come back to life when a fresh blood supply is introduced. The same as when you stick a thick hair in the area. Crreates new blood vessels, that's why the implants survive so long

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 03:19 PM by SlowMoe
 04/09/2013 04:26 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

Many, many famous celebrities have had implants and several years down the road the transplants have miniaturized.

Since when do celebrities become the measure of anything? There are people on this forum who have kept their transplanted hair for years.

The reason why transplants appear to not last long in some people is because the rest of the hair falls out, not the transplanted hair. That hair was going to fall out anyway.

Also, if you wound a baks scalp, guess what, the vellus hairs adjacent to the wound will become long thick terminal hairs....Why? Because the wound causes angiogenesis;

Please provide some evidence to support this claim. There might be some minor growth, but if what you claimed is correct then you have essentially proven your theory to be false.

If angiogenesis occurs to support the growth of transplanted hairs then it proves that the body can create new blood flow where it's needed.

This then refutes your claim that a lack of blood supply caused the hair loss. Why would the body stop supplying the follicles with blood?

And why do you see blood flowing out of a bald scalp when they make incisions for a transplant if there was not enough blood flow to even support the previous hair growth?

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
Statistics
36316 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 195 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 195 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc