hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any lipogaine users out there?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/24/2013 03:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/24/2013 03:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Prolific Poster

Ive been using lipogaine for about 3 weeks, lots of shedding and a tiny bit of regrowth on my hairline i think....or it may be just my ridiculous optimism and hope that my hairline comes down again, who knows. Probably the latter...

Anyway, hows it been going for you guys? Any regrowth? Im interested to know if you guys used a standard minoxidil before trying lipogaine and if the lipogaine gave you better results? Or if you think its an overpriced product with loads of useless added ingredients?

I bought it because of the dht blockers in it, so i didnt have to take fin. Whether or not this is all bs is anyones guess. But im not sure about fin so ill use it for now. So what are your thoughts guys? Is lipogaine working for you? Or is a standard minoxidil product like kirkland just as effective?
 03/24/2013 05:05 PM

Author Icon
HERBE
Regular Poster

I used this product on and off lipogain-With some added benifits, but it will do as much as minx will do, for me minox really keeps my hair that I have growing -not much regrowth but everybodys body is different.
 03/24/2013 05:53 PM

Author Icon
Alpha_Hairline
Prolific Poster

I use it. I don't think it works any better than regular Minoxidil at all despite the presence of azelaic acid. I will probably be going back to regular Kirkland Generic or Rogaine Foam after my Lipogaine supply is exhausted....it may need a little more time though so we'll see.

-------------------------
Current hair loss routine.

Rogaine Foam-4x daily.
Lipogaine The Big 3 Shampoo-once daily
Finasteride -0.5 mg/Daily
Stinging Nettle Leaf-900 mg daily
 03/24/2013 06:27 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Prolific Poster

Yeh well i actually got it because of the azelaic acid init on the recommendation of that dude from youtube, hairlossfromsteriods. That it apparently acts as a dht blocker. To hear that ur gona change to a generic minoxidil is discouraging. Im just really not sure about fin so i figure lipogaine is the next best affordable alternative. How long have you been using lipogaine and have you seen any regrowth? The reviews on amazon are pretty good so its got to be a good product. To be honest i dont really care too much about my slight thinning on my scalp and front, i can easily cover that up with some kind of concealer like toppik. Its my receding hairline that bothers me, its pretty bad and i want it back!!!
 03/24/2013 06:31 PM

Author Icon
marklc2004
Accomplished Poster

i use lipogaine and it a VERY VERY VERY GOOD minox
 03/24/2013 08:06 PM

Author Icon
Pieman2005
Accomplished Poster

so lipogaine and capillogain (sp) contain minox?

-.5mg fin daily since 12/12
-keto shampoo daily since 1/13-8/13 (currently off)
-minox 5% 1x daily since 5/13
 03/24/2013 08:16 PM

Author Icon
marklc2004
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Pieman2005

capillogain contains more stuff in it! plus its in a lipsome vehicle
 03/24/2013 08:24 PM

Author Icon
Pieman2005
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: marklc2004

so it has minox + more.. so at the very least it's the same as rogaine with possibility of added effects

03/24/2013 08:59 PM

Author Icon
marklc2004
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: marklc2004

so it has minox + more.. so at the very least it's the same as rogaine with possibility of added effects

not really man its much much better thn mino products
 03/24/2013 09:26 PM

Author Icon
Alpha_Hairline
Prolific Poster

I have seen results on Lipogaine, but no more than what I see with regular Minoxidil.

I figure it means one of three things.

1.There isn't enough azelaic acid for it to make a difference(lipogaine is only 5 percent azelaic acid)

2.I for some strange reason don't respond to the drug.

3.Azelaic acid doesn't actually work.

Lipogaine has minoxidil and that does work but there are far cheaper options for minoxidil than lipogaine.

Some of the things that guy from hairlossfromsteroids says about Lipogaine don't seem to ring true, especially what he says about it drying really fast, it doesn't. I can run my hand through hair 30 minutes after applying it and I will see lipogaine residue on it.

Current hair loss routine.

Rogaine Foam-4x daily.
Lipogaine The Big 3 Shampoo-once daily
Finasteride -0.5 mg/Daily
Stinging Nettle Leaf-900 mg daily
 03/25/2013 07:01 AM

Author Icon
morgan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Alpha_Hairline

I use it. I don't think it works any better than regular Minoxidil at all despite the presence of azelaic acid. I will probably be going back to regular Kirkland Generic or Rogaine Foam after my Lipogaine supply is exhausted....it may need a little more time though so we'll see.

This is almost exactly my response. Been using Lipogaine for almost a year. Like any min product I'm using it for maintenance at this point rather than growth.

This thread and responses are timely for me as I literally today ran out of my last bottle of Lipogaine. I was 98% sure that I would not reorder and go back to generic min foam to save some $ as I can't say Lipogaine is any better that generic min. I also still like the foam min as it is dries faster than anything and produces the least amount of itching.

I think Lipogaine is a solid product. Again, just can't say for sure it is any better than regular min. Especially not for the added cost.
 03/25/2013 08:00 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Prolific Poster

So morgan, you didnt get any regrowth with minoxidil? That sucks. Thats what i need!! Are you using fin alongside the mino? Ive only got a couple days left of the lipogaine which is why i put this thread up to see whether i shud buy some more. Im from the uk so it costs me £30 for one bottle or £27 if i buy 2. kirkland foam costs me £10, which i used for 2 weeks before the lipogaine. I think im gona go back to the generic stuff and maybe try fin. And maybe buy some azelaic acid cream to put on my hairline.
 03/25/2013 08:33 AM

Author Icon
morgan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: sunchyme1

So morgan, you didnt get any regrowth with minoxidil? That sucks. Thats what i need!! Are you using fin alongside the mino? Ive only got a couple days left of the lipogaine which is why i put this thread up to see whether i shud buy some more. Im from the uk so it costs me £30 for one bottle or £27 if i buy 2. kirkland foam costs me £10, which i used for 2 weeks before the lipogaine. I think im gona go back to the generic stuff and maybe try fin. And maybe buy some azelaic acid cream to put on my hairline.

In my case, I'm not too worried about regrowth as I have a lot of hair. My main goals are maintenance and thickening. One thing to keep in mind about me is I've been on fin and min for 10 years. So, I don't think at this stage of regrowth is still something to expect.

Let's put it this way- If Lipogaine and generic min were the same cost I'd stick with Lipogaine just for the heck of it beciase of the azelaic acid and other extras. However, I spend so much already I really need to find some place to cut costs. For the money, I really haven't seen any advantage of Lipogaine over regular fin foam.
 03/25/2013 08:48 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Prolific Poster

Hows your experience wit fin, any side effects?
 03/25/2013 09:21 AM

Author Icon
morgan
Accomplished Poster

Yes, I did experience one major side effect-

It caused a significant amount of hair growth on my head.
 03/25/2013 09:45 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Prolific Poster

lol good news so no bad side effects, gyno, sexual problems??? What dosage do u take, 1mg?
 03/25/2013 11:41 AM

Author Icon
Pieman2005
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: morgan

Yes, I did experience one major side effect-

It caused a significant amount of hair growth on my head.

Morgan, I'm into my 3rd month of fin and have noticed slight sexual side effects. No more morning wood, no more nocturnal ejaculations, and no more random boners. I'm not too concerned because I'm still able to preform with my girlfriend, but I'm wondering if these sides will go away if I keep taking fin? Or is it a first step to worse problems?

03/25/2013 12:03 PM

Author Icon
z99x
Accomplished Poster

It was for me. I tried to deny that Fin was causing the side effects, but I eventually had to face reality. I think you can give your body some time to adjust, but if it doesnt, I would recommend tapering off the drug.

Proxiphen ED

Rotate Nano Shampoo/ Revita

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 03/25/2013 12:10 PM

Author Icon
Pieman2005
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: z99x

It was for me. I tried to deny that Fin was causing the side effects, but I eventually had to face reality. I think you can give your body some time to adjust, but if it doesnt, I would recommend tapering off the drug.

Your mild libido problems grew to worse problems?

03/25/2013 12:24 PM

Author Icon
z99x
Accomplished Poster

Yes. Between months 5-10, my libido got slowly worse. My issues kind of crept up on me. I didnt realize how bad they were until I dropped the drug. Not saying it will happen to you though.

Proxiphen ED

Rotate Nano Shampoo/ Revita

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
Hair Loss Help » Hair Loss Open Topic » Any lipogaine users out there?

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
31502 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 593 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 601 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc