hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dr. Proctor you say there are mystery ingredients what if someone has allergy or cross reaction with product, or Multi Chem. Sensitivity? U must list ingredients under some law one assumes right, otherwise who are u accountable to?
Topic Summary: Everyone deserves & has a right to know what they are buying & putting on their body right? We must get Tested!
Created On: 12/08/2012 06:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/11/2012 04:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
z99x
Accomplished Poster

He can keep them secret from me if he wants, I CONSENT.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 12/11/2012 04:50 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Science

I want to know before I or someone buys if they are required to label it, that is all?

I think Dr. Proctor is very careful and cautious about what he chooses to put in Proxiphen. If he doesn't publicly reveal every last thing he puts in it, then it's not necessary to do that.
 12/11/2012 04:51 PM

Author Icon
Phalacrophobic
Accomplished Poster

and he's protecting his own product, I don't really see the problem

I WILL STAY A NORWOOD 1!!!!!!!!!
 12/11/2012 04:52 PM

Author Icon
Phalacrophobic
Accomplished Poster

If he wasn't a MD, I'd be worried, but he is, so I'm not.

12/11/2012 05:00 PM

Author Icon
parsh
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Bryan
I want to know before I or someone buys if they are required to label it, that is all?

I think Dr. Proctor is very careful and cautious about what he chooses to put in Proxiphen. If he doesn't publicly reveal every last thing he puts in it, then it's not necessary to do that.

?

That doesn't sound like the evidence based Bryan that I'm used to.
 12/11/2012 05:04 PM

Author Icon
Phalacrophobic
Accomplished Poster

A Dr. shouldn't keep secrets from their patient, should they?

I think this is where you are mistaken Science, he's not our doctor, he's just an MD selling us a hairloss treatment online

12/11/2012 05:14 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: parsh

?

It doesn't have anything to do with "evidence". It has to do with what's legally REQUIRED of a doctor to say about any substance he puts in a prescription medication. The poster "Science" is wrong when he says that full disclosure is necessary.
 12/11/2012 05:18 PM

Author Icon
Science
Accomplished Poster

?

It doesn't have anything to do with "evidence". It has to do with what's legally REQUIRED of a doctor to say about any substance he puts in a prescription medication. The poster "Science" is wrong when he says that full disclosure is necessary.

United States Attorney David B. Barlow
District of Utah

FOUR CHARGED WITH SELLING MISBRANDED
HAIR TREATMENT DRUGS ON THE INTERNET
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal grand jury returned an indictment Wednesday charging four individuals with selling and conspiring to sell misbranded hair treatment drugs over the Internet without U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval or registration.
Charged in the indictment are Richard Lee, age 72, and James Dorius, age 69, both of Whittier, California, and Alexander Ahn, age 32, and Min Kim, age 32, both of Provo, Utah. According to the indictment, Lee is a licensed physician. Lee and Dorius are co-owners of Regrowth, LLC, a California business that made and sold hair treatment drugs over the Internet without the approval of the FDA or without registering the drug with the FDA, the indictment alleges. Ahn and Kim were affiliated with Minoxidil Solutions, a Utah company established in June 2011. The indictment alleges that like Regrowth, LLC, Minoxidil Solutions sold hair treatment drugs over the internet without FDA approval or registration.
The laws and regulations governing drugs are in place to make sure, among other things, that drugs are manufactured safely and that they have the identity, strength, quality and purity characteristics they purport to possess.
The indictment alleges that the FDA discovered that Regrowth was selling misbranded products developed by Lee using his own formulas and recipes. Some of the products contained active pharmaceutical ingredients. The company did not register Regrowth, LLC with the FDA and did not seek or obtain approval to sell its hair growth drugs. As a part of an agreement with the FDA, Lee agreed not to distribute any remaining drugs and agreed to send his customers an "urgent drug recall" notice informing them that the products had been recalled because the FDA had determined that its products were unapproved by the FDA and may be potential health hazards.
The indictment alleges that Lee and Dorius later arranged to deliver Regrowth's remaining drug ingredients and manufacturing equipment to Kim and Ahn in Orem and that Lee provided Kim and Ahn with his formulas and recipes for making hair growth drugs. According to the indictment, Kim agreed to pay Lee and Dorius 50 percent of all proceeds from the sale of hair growth drugs made using Lee's ingredients and formulas. Minoxidil Solutions was established and began to sell hair loss drugs over the internet without FDA approval or registration, according to the indictment.
The FDA Office of Criminal Investigations will continue to investigate and seek prosecution against individuals who distribute unapproved and misbranded drugs with complete disregard for the safety of the American public," said Patrick J. Holland, Special Agent in Charge of the Kansas City Field Office, U. S. Food and Drug Administration, Office of Criminal Investigations. "These kinds of cases are important because in many instances individuals are advised by FDA that they cannot lawfully manufacture and sell unapproved and misbranded drugs, yet even after warning, they continue to manufacture and sell these prohibited drugs."

The potential maximum penalty for count one of the indictment, conspiracy to introduce misbranded drugs into interstate commerce, is up to five years in federal prison and a $250,000 fine. All four defendants are charged in count one. The potential penalty for count two, introduction of misbranded drugs into interstate commerce, is up to three years in prison and a fine of $10,000. Lee and Dorius are charged in count two. The potential sentence for count three, introduction of misbranded drugs into interstate commerce, is up to a year in prison and a fine of $1,000. Kim and Ahn are charged in count three, which is a misdemeanor.
Lee, Dorius, Ahn and Kim are schedule to appear for an initial appearance in the case Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2012, at 10 a.m. before U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul M. Warner.
Indictments are not findings of guilt. Individuals charged in indictments are presumed innocent unless or until proven guilty in court.

this is for information purposes I am not a Dr. for hair loss my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice for such. The poster will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, exemplary, or other damages arising therefrom.

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 08:15 AM by Science
 12/11/2012 05:23 PM

Author Icon
Gregint
Prolific Poster

?

Doesn't the FDA legally require that all inactive ingredients be disclosed to assist people with allergens?

Fin, dut, minox is my current regimen.
 12/11/2012 05:24 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

The FDA has already visited Dr. Proctor, and examined the contents of Proxiphen; they had no further comments on it. I think that says a whole lot!
 12/11/2012 05:26 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Gregint

Doesn't the FDA legally require that all inactive ingredients be disclosed to assist people with allergens?

Apparently not.
 12/11/2012 05:30 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Why is it that I've been getting this annoying error message every time I post something, for the last few days???
 12/11/2012 05:39 PM

Author Icon
parsh
Prolific Poster

Why is it that I've been getting this annoying error message every time I post something, for the last few days???

I've been getting the same message.

Small soap box:

With regards to the discussion, I don't understand the reason for so much contention. As members of this forum, we all have likely tried hair loss treatments that were not completely backed up by science. I'm talking about finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole.

There is no such thing as a perfect study. There will always be a component of having to have faith in the researcher that did the work. Obviously things in peer reviewed journals will have better evidence, doctors doing work on their own, will be less strong as far as evidence, people on forums making up theories will be the least strong in terms of evidence. You decide where you lie on the spectrum -- health care must be more libertarian for us to have a chance at beating hair loss.

Someone needs to get that error message fixed.
 12/11/2012 05:44 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Does Farrel even KNOW that this damned message is occurring??
 12/11/2012 05:45 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Here's a copy/paste of that damned message:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Error
An error has occurred. If you wish to notify the administrator please click here.
To go back to the main forum page please click here.

Error No:
The FTARG_USERID argument passed to the SendPrivateMessage function is not of type numeric. If the component name is specified as a type of this argument, it is possible that either a definition file for the component cannot be found or is not accessible.
The error occurred on line 493.
 12/11/2012 05:56 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

***** the FDA .
 12/11/2012 06:08 PM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

You think Kentucky Fried chicken has to disclose its secret ingredients for its secret batter so people can avoid an allergic reaction when they eat the chicken? Proctor's Proxiphen is an off label hair loss treatment that is exclusively dispensed by Dr Proctor. Its off label so he does not have label his ingredients. Secondly, all over the counter or prescribed medications have potential adverse side effects so its up to the consumer to take the risk once they use the drug no matter what is on the label. Most adverse reaction are less common with topical meds. So its very unlikely to have an allergic reaction with Proctor's Proxiphen. And if you do, then call Proctor and let him know about it. Logically, you will stop using something if you get an adverse reaction. Most importantly Proctor is only going to use ingredients with the lowest risk of adverse reactions. Many people take drugs everyday and do not know what the heck they are taking. Its ironic how all of sudden Proctor's topical medication is even questioned. Who really cares, if it works, that is all that matters. You should tell Proctor if you have any type of allergies to anything so he knows if Proxiphen is safe for you to use. All common sense.
 12/11/2012 06:20 PM

Author Icon
Gregint
Prolific Poster

Does Farrel even KNOW that this damned message is occurring??

yes, it's known and being worked on

Fin, dut, minox is my current regimen.
 12/11/2012 06:41 PM

Author Icon
paisano
Prolific Poster

You lost me at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Science you are absolutely right, Education law (article 137 in pharmacy) Section 6811 sentence 7 states it shall be a misdemeanor for any person to enter into an agreement with a physician, dentist, podiatrist or veterinarian for the compounding or dispensing of secret formula (coded) prescriptions.

Furthermore 6817 (1) states No person shall sell, deliver, offer for sale, hold for sale, or give away any new drug, unless (b) (1) full reports of investigations which have been made to show whether or not such drug is safe and effective for use.
(b) (2) a full list of the ingredients used as components of such drug.
(b) (2) a full statement of the composition of such drug
(b) (3) a full description of the methods used in, and the facilities and controls used for, the manufacture, processing and packing of such drugs
(b) (4) such samples of such drug and of the ingredients used as components thereof as the board or secretary may require
(b) (5) specimens of the labeling proposed to be used for such drug.

The list or rules and regs goes on and on. Anyone who thinks you can secretly hide ingredients from a patient is out of there mind. This is the United States of America not India.

What the good doctor can do is patent his drug to make it illegal for anyone else to obtain. Thats all folks.

.5 avodart e.d. 2-26-10
1 mg finpecia e.d. 12-1-12
Nizoral 3X a week
Prox-N 1-18-2011 (stopped 1-15-12)
Minoxidil 12-12-09
Spiro (topical) 9-4-10

Revita 4X a week
Saw palmetto extract
Fish Oil
Super Hair Energizer 2X Daily.

12/11/2012 06:58 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: paisano

You lost me at Kentucky Fried Chicken. Science you are absolutely right, Education law (article 137 in pharmacy) Section 6811 sentence 7 states it shall be a misdemeanor for any person to enter into an agreement with a physician, dentist, podiatrist or veterinarian for the compounding or dispensing of secret formula (coded) prescriptions.

Nobody's entering into any agreement (especially with Dr. Proctor) having anything to do with any "secret formula". As I've already mentioned in an earlier post, the FDA has already actually looked at the contents of Proxiphen, and had no problems with it. It continues to be sold, just as it always has, for DECADES.
Statistics
36282 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 264 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 264 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc